Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

gooner99 wrote: »
    I thought there may be an xbox app, but couldn't find it when searching on my sons xbox.anyone know if there is one?

If there's 1 probably you need to have the region as UK in the Xbox, same as they do with Iphone app that's only available in the UK Itunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

nava wrote: »
    If there's 1 probably you need to have the region as UK in the Xbox, same as they do with Iphone app that's only available in the UK Itunes.

Cheers,is there a setting on the xbox where i can temp change the region or does it pick it up from the ip?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

nava wrote: »

IOS app only needs to be bought from the UK store but will work fine on an Irish IP address.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Daniel112

adox wrote: »
    IOS app only needs to be bought from the UK store but will work fine on an Irish IP address.

Unfortunately if your jailbroken, it detects it (just like the sky go app) and comes up with error 16 :( . Impossible to bypass atm :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭rwg

damian139 wrote: »
    i suspect they've just all been sold. they were given away with different beers. presumably sky will do similar promotions again. my account wouldn't let me apply the affmovjlp20 for another month free as i'd already availed of a month with the affmovjlp10 :-(

sky sports?? for a month?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Got an email from NowTV letting me know it will be offline this Thursday from 2am - 11am. Not a big issue really but keep it in mind for any late night films you have planned :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,646 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

About to pull the trigger on this but just a couple of questions-

- do I need a PC to change the DNS so I can receive iPlayer ? I only own an ipad, can I do it from this ?
    -if I want to search YouTube how do you enter your search ? I presume there is an on screen keyboard, if so is it user friendly ? I gave up on YouTube on the Xbox as it was so clunky and you had to scroll through the whole alphabet just to select one letter, very frustrating ! My router is from UPC, probably 3 years old. They did offer me a horizon box but am unsure if you can change the DNS on this ?

Tia

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

- do I need a PC to change the DNS so I can receive iPlayer ? I only own an ipad, can I do it from this ?

Check now how to log on to your router and see if you can change the DNS settings there, you can't change them on the NowTV box itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Anybody having trouble with now tv was watching the pool match on sky sports cant now just gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭deadimmortal

Nowtv must be down nothing's loading

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

Nowtv must be down nothing's loading
    I read elsewhere that the Sports element of Sky Go was down too, - maybe there was too much demand and it crashed?

seabee wrote: »
    I read elsewhere that the Sports element of Sky Go was down too, - maybe there was too much demand and it crashed?

Back up now pity i missed what i bought my sports pass for!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭deadimmortal

crasy dash wrote: »
    Back up now pity i missed what i bought my sports pass for!!!!!!!!!

That's grounds for complaining to them, you'll get your money back.

Haha i emailed them when it happened
    Dont think it made any sense as it was two minutes before the start of the munster match i was raging haha rant over onlt time this has happened to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Does this box support DLNA?

Just wondering if any nice person on here:) has a spare remote i made ****e a mine .
    Was on the ground and i stood on it with my big dopey feet :rolleyes:

Dont mind paying for it
    Let me know !!!

Thanks everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

Just wondering if any nice person on here:) has a spare remote i made ****e a mine .

Dont mind paying for it
    Let me know !!!

Thanks everyone

If you have a one for all remote you can use that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Dont mind paying for it
    Let me know !!!

Thanks everyone

I think there are smartphone apps that work, if memory serves it came up in the thread before.

Will that work never thought of that

Thanks for the reply :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

rwg wrote: »
    sky sports?? for a month?
    Sports, movies, entertainment, whatever. I suspect you understood my post though, as the sports passes are 24 hours. I was simply trying to be helpful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

Received response to my email complaining ,free pass for it crashing yesterday can use it up to end of September
    Sometimes it pays to moan lol

So not so bad after all:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭rwg

Received response to my email complaining ,free pass for it crashing yesterday can use it up to end of September
    Sometimes it pays to moan lol

So not so bad after all:)

I got one too, turned the pool match off after first half then went back to it but couldnt watch it - free day pass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Slightly Off topic..
    I bought a Roku 3 and am setting it up but I cant find NOWTV on it.
    It says on the box nowtv is not available in ROI.

Is there any way of getting it on the box to save me having 2 boxes side by side!

For those interested. I got it through Flubit for £70 (saving £10) from currys.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭th283

Hi guys, has anyone else tried hooking the nowtv box up to an older TV? I bought RCA cables to hook it up but am only getting a blank screen!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭brian_gall85

I'd imagine your picture settings are set to something like 1080p for HD, which will need to be changed to an SD picture format like 576i so it will work with your cables.

Should be either a button on the remote or a setting in the menu which you will probably have to change via a hdmi connected tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

I'd imagine your picture settings are set to something like 1080p for HD, which will need to be changed to an SD picture format like 576i so it will work with your cables.

Should be either a button on the remote or a setting in the menu which you will probably have to change via a hdmi connected tv.

Now tv outputs NTSC most older tvs only support PAL in ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Slightly Off topic..
    I bought a Roku 3 and am setting it up but I cant find NOWTV on it.
    It says on the box nowtv is not available in ROI.

Is there any way of getting it on the box to save me having 2 boxes side by side!

Anybody ???

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭katieboo

I bought one of these before Christmas and I love it. I've never had any problems with it until today, suddenly the sound quality has gone so bad that its unwatchable. Its happening with sky movies and when streaming with plex.

I've tried another hdmi cable and restarted the box and my broadband and no joy :(

Anyone else had this problem or have any suggestions on how to fix it please, cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

katieboo wrote: »
    I bought one of these before Christmas and I love it. I've never had any problems with it until today, suddenly the sound quality has gone so bad that its unwatchable. Its happening with sky movies and when streaming with plex.

I've tried another hdmi cable and restarted the box and my broadband and no joy :(

Anyone else had this problem or have any suggestions on how to fix it please, cheers

Have you restarted the telly too ... completely, plug it out for a few mins. Try another hdmi port and try it in someone elses telly to eliminate telly problems.

Advertisement