Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

If I buy one of these and stick Plex on it can it play rtmp links? Like if I stuck them in a .strm file? Cheers!

:edit:
    Looks like it can't!!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭katieboo

moodrater wrote: »
    Have you restarted the telly too ... completely, plug it out for a few mins. Try another hdmi port and try it in someone elses telly to eliminate telly problems.

Seems to be sorted now again, I unplugged the box again and left it off for 5 minutes and it all sounds good again thank God

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Is there any free DNS services around (with daily limit for example) for BBC iplayer or are they all paid for?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭witchity2

Tinie wrote: »
    Is there any free DNS services around (with daily limit for example) for BBC iplayer or are they all paid for?

I use UnoTelly. There is a months free trial and after that you can usually extend the free trial for a up tp 6 months (i think i'm on about my 4th or 5th month free now). I've found it really good. Great customer service. You can set up different areas too. I have my tv and laptop set to UK for the UK players through the tv and NowTV through laptop. And then my Netflix is set to US. HTH

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

What is the youtube plugin channel for plex that you guys are using? Struggling to find it online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Paid for the sports pass on Sunday to watch the last day of Football with all the family around for the day. Service went down 20 mins in to the game

Just got an email for a full refund and a free days pass to use in the next 12 months
    Email reads

Our service went down yesterday during the final day of the Barclays Premier League. We know this is unacceptable and you deserve better. We're incredibly sorry for this disruption and have refunded the last payment of your Sky Sports Day Pass. It will be in your account within 3 to 5 working days (depending on your bank). We'd also like to offer you a free NOW TV Sky Sports Day Pass valid for the next 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,076 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Paid for the sports pass on Sunday to watch the last day of Football with all the family around for the day. Service went down 20 mins in to the game

Just got an email for a full refund and a free days pass to use in the next 12 months
    Email reads

Our service went down yesterday during the final day of the Barclays Premier League. We know this is unacceptable and you deserve better. We're incredibly sorry for this disruption and have refunded the last payment of your Sky Sports Day Pass. It will be in your account within 3 to 5 working days (depending on your bank). We'd also like to offer you a free NOW TV Sky Sports Day Pass valid for the next 12 months.

In fairness that's pretty decent off them. PITA that it was down though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Sky really seem to deal with this issue quickly,had the same issue myself on Heineken Cup semi final day.Emailed straight away that sunday had a response by 11 the next day.
    Lucky you got your money back as well :)i only got a free pass:rolleyes:

All i can say is fair play to sky for once

• Registered Users Posts: 16 alecross

How much of the box will work in Ireland without a DNS service?

alecross wrote: »
    How much of the box will work in Ireland without a DNS service?

4od seems to work without DNS change.

Also these parts:

Plex
    Sky movies/sports streaming
    Vimeo
    Vevo
    Sky news

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

You could also watch any of the filmon channels (BBC etc) via the playto app. Works well with the now tv box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

You could also watch any of the filmon channels (BBC etc) via the playto app. Works well with the now tv box.

Is it possible to get the hd to play on the now tv. Playto works great on my wifes smart III very very buggy on the moto g, thinking of putting a custom rom on it at this stage anyway.

Have to say its an impressive box, the channel 5 app doesn't seem very reliable though, tried using it last night and it kept having to buffer every 2 minutes, my connection speed was fine and 4OD and BBC worked flawlessly.

Anyone else had this issue with the channel 5 app at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Have to say its an impressive box, the channel 5 app doesn't seem very reliable though, tried using it last night and it kept having to buffer every 2 minutes, my connection speed was fine and 4OD and BBC worked flawlessly.

Anyone else had this issue with the channel 5 app at all?

Yep pretty much unwatchable here while the app on the telly is fine. If I restart the app I get another a ggod few minutes mins before it starts hanging so it seems like a memory leak or something rather than anything to do with the connection.

ya Channel 5 app is very slow and laggy. nothing good on C5 anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Just applied the other voucher code ..happy days.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Just applied the other voucher code ..happy days.:)
    thanks for the reminder, just appplied it there too so good to 13th July now for free movies! :D

to save anyone looking back, here's the original post with the vouchers in.
    Haha! Found a way to get an extra month free on top of that, so two extra months for free.

Use the code "AFFMOVJLP10" then use "AFFMOVJLP20".

Got that by changing the number :pac:

EDIT: And another :P Although I couldn't add this one, it is valid. AFFMOVMS10

zYM5YOu.png

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Filmon can be added through plex also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

vibe666 wrote: »
    thanks for the reminder, just appplied it there too so good to 13th July now for free movies! :D

Thanks for that Vibe. Another free month for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

adox wrote: »
    Filmon can be added through plex also.

How do you add it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,892 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Any way to get Netflix on this?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

How do you add it?

You need to add the unsupported app store for Plex and its in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

adox wrote: »
    You need to add the unsupported app store for Plex and its in there.

I have the plex app on the box and it's working great, not sure how to add stuff into plex though?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭elWizard

this is getting silly now, just used the third voucher code expecting it not to work but it did, three months free for no reason! Thanks for the repost.

elWizard wrote: »
    this is getting silly now, just used the third voucher code expecting it not to work but it did, three months free for no reason! Thanks for the repost.

I get "Sorry, a voucher has already been applied to this subscription, you cannot add another at this time." when I try to use the third code.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭elWizard

I get "Sorry, a voucher has already been applied to this subscription, you cannot add another at this time." when I try to use the third code.
    sh*te: just looked at my account there; I got excited when it accepted the third voucher and didnt look closely enough; false alarm, sorry, the 'special offer' the third voucher granted me is £8.99 for a month. Is that not what it is normally? Anyway, i got May and June free with the first two codes so can't really complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

elWizard wrote: »
    sh*te: just looked at my account there; I got excited when it accepted the third voucher and didnt look closely enough; false alarm, sorry, the 'special offer' the third voucher granted me is £8.99 for a month. Is that not what it is normally? Anyway, i got May and June free with the first two codes so can't really complain.

I applied it earlier too and it was accepted but it hadn't given me a free month. It gave me a month for £8.99 which is the normal price anyway. Got my hopes up same as you. Still, two months for free ain't bad.

Any way of bypassing the ad's on the 4OD app?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

I got the same thing initially, I think it just won't accept more than two vouchers concurrently. I waited for the first of the two free months to end and then added the third one and it worked fine then.
    Any way of bypassing the ad's on the 4OD app?
    i wish! my wife id driving me potty with it. she watches come dine with me on 4OD in bed and usually falls asleep halfway through, but then has to go through 2 or 3 ad breaks to get to the 2nd half of the show the next night. :eek:

• Advertisement

I got the same thing initially, I think it just won't accept more than two vouchers concurrently. I waited for the first of the two free months to end and then added the third one and it worked fine then.

i wish! my wife id driving me potty with it. she watches come dine with me on 4OD in bed and usually falls asleep halfway through, but then has to go through 2 or 3 ad breaks to get to the 2nd half of the show the next night. :eek:

Ah fair enough its not just me then, I don't mind for some things, bit of gordon ramsey for example ad's are fine, but for some of the dramas it really interrupts at annoying spots.

Sure I guess thats how they can afford to make it free.

Advertisement