Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

It pops up for me aswell on the Chromecast.

I'm debating buying a months worth then using the 3 month voucher so that I'd lock in the current price or does it go up for everyone regardless?

Hope it works in Ireland.
    I've basically got the now TV app then into Chromecasts app
    Go into Offers go into now TV
    Sign into now TV
    Apply voucher
    3 months entertainment free till 1/1/2015
    Btw I've still to get app up and running but all is good on my now TV box... Will play wit app tonite

Chrome offers

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

Think this would work twice?, I've 2 chromecasts.
    DANNY2014 wrote: »
    Chrome offers

rogercross wrote: »
    Think this would work twice?, I've 2 chromecasts.

Think it should don't they all av unique id's... Worth a shot anyway...???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Now I'm getting offered 2 months hulu plus ffs

• Advertisement

Cool everything worked great I've claimed my 3 months, ive also got a 2nd code from my other chromecast which ill try when the 3 months are up.
    Think it should don't they all av unique id's... Worth a shot anyway...???

rogercross wrote: »
    Cool everything worked great I've claimed my 3 months, ive also got a 2nd code from my other chromecast which ill try when the 3 months are up.

So it worked?the second chromecast???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Curious to know if you can stack the NowTV and Google Music vouchers if you have more than one CC.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

degsie wrote: »
    Curious to know if you can stack the NowTV and Google Music vouchers if you have more than one CC.

Definitely can't stack the Play Music offers but not sure about NowTv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I have the hulu plus 2 months free offer on my Chromecast, shame its such a pain in the hole to sign up and pay for hulu plus.

• Advertisement

I have the hulu plus 2 months free offer on my Chromecast, shame its such a pain in the hole to sign up and pay for hulu plus.

Did you get yours before official launch like me I wonder

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Spotted this on NowTV forum regarding multiple entertainment pass codes:
    Unfortunately, you cannot add an offer code to an account with an existing voucher code which is still in use

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Plex had being playing up a bit for me on the Nowtv box. Streaming local content, tv shows would cut off 5 minutes or so before the end of the episode. Very annoying.

The app has possibly been updated since as I've had it installed a few months but I uninstalled it and put Rarflix on instead which is working fine and just seems to be a slightly modified version of Plex? Anyone else using it? Is there a newer version of Plex or is Rarflix the best option?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

adox wrote: »
    Plex had being playing up a bit for me on the Nowtv box. Streaming local content, tv shows would cut off 5 minutes or so before the end of the episode. Very annoying.

The app has possibly been updated since as I've had it installed a few months but I uninstalled it and put Rarflix on instead which is working fine and just seems to be a slightly modified version of Plex? Anyone else using it? Is there a newer version of Plex or is Rarflix the best option?

Had the same issue. Rarflix sorted it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

moodrater wrote: »
    Did you get yours before official launch like me I wonder

Yeah I did, wouldn't have used the now tv deal anyway but feel like I'm missing out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

I looked to download the NowTV app but it isn't available because of my location.
    Is there any legitimate way to cast NowTV to the Chromecast other than tabcasting from Chrome?

Cossax wrote: »
    I looked to download the NowTV app but it isn't available because of my location.
    Is there any legitimate way to cast NowTV to the Chromecast other than tabcasting from Chrome?

I linked to it a few posts back.

I got a code from each chromecast, i've applied the first of them successfully, I won't be able to attempt to apply the second code until theres 30 days or less left on the subscription apparently.

This is from NowTV:

'If you're an existing NOWTV customer with a voucher code on your Entertainment Pass you will not be able to apply this offer until the last 30 days of your current offer.

Please take a note of the voucher code from the apply voucher screen for safe keeping but don’t worry if you lose it you can always start the journey again from the Chromecast offers page. Please remember to use the code before 31 January 2015"
    So it worked?the second chromecast???

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

degsie wrote: »

I added the 3 months nowtv last night onto an existing one month offer, renewal is showing as 11th Jan which is 3 months after the 30 day offer ends so it does stack (so long as the previous offer is less than 30 days to run) I've not cancelled though as I'm unsure of what happens if you cancel the pass whilst a new offer is stacked !

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

Is any one else having problems playing the most recent Boardwalk Empire and Ray Donovan episodes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭bromley52

Dave..M wrote: »
    I added the 3 months nowtv last night onto an existing one month offer, renewal is showing as 11th Jan which is 3 months after the 30 day offer ends so it does stack (so long as the previous offer is less than 30 days to run) I've not cancelled though as I'm unsure of what happens if you cancel the pass whilst a new offer is stacked !

I cancelled and my existing was due to expire on the 08 Oct and now it's the 08 Jan. You are not cancelling what you have, you are cancelling any future payments.

bromley52 wrote: »
    I cancelled and my existing was due to expire on the 08 Oct and now it's the 08 Jan. You are not cancelling what you have, you are cancelling any future payments.

So it's okay to pretty much cancel payments as soon as ya apply free trials???

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

Thanks, I've generally cancelled straight away too but never had two free offers stacked before and didn't want to goose myself by being hasty!

Anyone had any luck getting the NowTv Android app to work?

I get the sim card warning on my phone and a rooted warning on my tablet :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

Same. Got the app, but it does not work. Same SIM error as you.

I've a Nexus 7 but it's Sky so am I right in guessing they don't allow playback on rooted devices?

Also could I get the Movies pass and use it as a cheap alternative to Sky Movies?

So because it's Sky Movies it'd have better content than Netflix?

Sorry for all the questions.

I've a Nexus 7 but it's Sky so am I right in guessing they don't allow playback on rooted devices?

Also could I get the Movies pass and use it as a cheap alternative to Sky Movies?

So because it's Sky Movies it'd have better content than Netflix?

Sorry for all the questions.

Im not sure but from what Iv read here Now TV wont work on routed devices.

As for cost you could pay anything up to €15/month but there are usually good offers out there.

As for Sky v Netflix that would depend if you only have access to Netflix Ireland but Sky usually has the recent movies sooner.
    Netflix US/Canada & Denmark are good for TV shows. Brazil is good for movies. For example Netflix Brazil had the Wolf of Wall Street about 6 months after it was released in Cinema.
    I dont think I can discuss anything beyond that. The only thing I will say is paying the Netflix sub through an Irish a/c is expensive ;) if you plan on subscribing to it.

Im not sure but from what Iv read here Now TV wont work on routed devices.

As for cost you could pay anything up to €15/month but there are usually good offers out there.

As for Sky v Netflix that would depend if you only have access to Netflix Ireland but Sky usually has the recent movies sooner.
    Netflix US/Canada & Denmark are good for TV shows. Brazil is good for movies. For example Netflix Brazil had the Wolf of Wall Street about 6 months after it was released in Cinema.
    I dont think I can discuss anything beyond that. The only thing I will say is paying the Netflix sub through an Irish a/c is expensive ;) if you plan on subscribing to it.

I had a 1 year Netflix subscription but that expired in April, I honestly never thought of subscribing to say American Netflix to avail of the currency difference.

I think I might just have a look on the different countries Netflix and then make up my mind.

Would be able to PM me in regards to how if that's allowed?

Cheers for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Need to buy 6 of these, tested out one and family want them as well. What's the best way to buy multiples of these boxes?

Ta

• Advertisement

joe316 wrote: »
    Need to buy 6 of these, tested out one and family want them as well. What's the best way to buy multiples of these boxes?

Ta

Best way: If you are close to the North or know anyone driving from across the water you could get them in the likes of Currys.

Parcel Motel is another option. They charge ~ €4/box as long as it fits into the locker. So the cost for 6 would depend if each was sent individually or as one unit.

Google Parcel Motel if you never heard of it or there is a thread on it here.

Advertisement