Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

bromley52 wrote: »
    Best way: If you are close to the North or know anyone driving from across the water you could get them in the likes of Currys.

Parcel Motel is another option. They charge ~ €4/box as long as it fits into the locker. So the cost for 6 would depend if each was sent individually or as one unit.

Google Parcel Motel if you never heard of it or there is a thread on it here.

Pretty sire you cant buy multiples. One per order last time i got one

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭bubric

Hi
    Anyone around Limerick have one of these boxs or a Roku LT if they are rebranded Roku boxs i need to check power supply on my Roku to see if its my power lead thats gone dont want to dump box if its onlt power lead ??
    Any advice appreciated ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

rogercross wrote: »
    Anyone had any luck getting the NowTv Android app to work?

I get the sim card warning on my phone and a rooted warning on my tablet :-)

X peria s with no sim and app is working perfectly...

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    X peria s with no sim and app is working perfectly...

I have an Xperia at home, will give it a try...Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

joe316 wrote: »
    Need to buy 6 of these, tested out one and family want them as well. What's the best way to buy multiples of these boxes?

Ta

Parcel motel from ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKY-NOW-TV-BOX-WIRELESS-MEDIA-STREAMER-/271624728454?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Internet_TV_Media_Streamers&hash=item3f3e186f86

Its about the same price as ordering bare boxes individually from skythemselves but you get to keep the 6 x 1 months sky movies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

moodrater wrote: »
    Parcel motel from ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKY-NOW-TV-BOX-WIRELESS-MEDIA-STREAMER-/271624728454?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Internet_TV_Media_Streamers&hash=item3f3e186f86

Its about the same price as ordering bare boxes individually from skythemselves but you get to keep the 6 x 1 months sky movies.

You're a star!! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭thewintermute

Only noticed this the other day (well the five year old did). You can stream from Youtube on your Android Tablet / Phone direct to this instead of using the Youtube feature on it. Click the symbol on the video and it finds the Roku box on your network and starts sending it to the bigscreen.
    So now the Five year old can tie up the TV and the Tablet. But it's still pretty cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

the playto app can send pretty much any video you like from any source on android (local video, or any streaming website) straight to your nowtv.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Easy Rider wrote: »
    I have an Xperia at home, will give it a try...Thanks.
    Does this work with all the phones ? Just removing the SIM ?

Else how to get the app working ?

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    I've basically got the now TV app then into Chromecasts app
    Go into Offers go into now TV
    Sign into now TV
    Apply voucher
    3 months entertainment free till 1/1/2015
    Btw I've still to get app up and running but all is good on my now TV box... Will play wit app tonite
    Did you succeed with the app ?

• Advertisement

Ok got it working on my tablet which has no SIM :) !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

tharmor wrote: »
    Did you succeed with the app ?

As said have it running on my old Xperia s... Anything with no sim should do the job... Ya can register 4 devices...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

I know Ill probably get slated but is there a link to any post or sticky that tells you the best way to try to set this up out of the box for Ireland
    I bought one ages ago but am only getting around to setting it up now
    Have looked through many pages here for the last while
    Much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

soundsham wrote: »
    I know Ill probably get slated but is there a link to any post or sticky that tells you the best way to try to set this up out of the box for Ireland
    I bought one ages ago but am only getting around to setting it up now
    Have looked through many pages here for the last while
    Much appreciated

1. Take out of box
    2. Plug supplied HDMI cable into NowTV and your TV
    3. Plug Now TV box into electrical socket
    4. Let the device start up
    5. Put supplied batteries in remote
    6. Navigate to wireless network settings
    7. Input wireless network settings
    8. Register device with a username and password OR use Sky ID if you have one
    9. Buy/enter pass code for entertainment/sports or movies
    10. Watch programme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

tallpaul wrote: »
    1. Take out of box
    2. Plug supplied HDMI cable into NowTV and your TV
    3. Plug Now TV box into electrical socket
    4. Let the device start up
    5. Put supplied batteries in remote
    6. Navigate to wireless network settings
    7. Input wireless network settings
    8. Register device with a username and password OR use Sky ID if you have one
    9. Buy/enter pass code for entertainment/sports or movies
    10. Watch programme.

Most importantly install and learn to use plex:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmQBcbVLWZc
    This version of plex is better:
    https://github.com/ljunkie/rarflix/blob/master/RARflix.zip

And if you want to watch iplayer, itv player try unotelly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

Thanks
    I just didn't want to input the wrong stuff at the start if settings needed to be altered

On it this weekend as sky getting the boot on Wednesday
    Have a jailbroken atv2 and free to air stuff
    More for herself for sky Atlantic

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Just setting up my NowTV box for the first time today and I see it wants me to activate my account my registering CC details with it before I can use it.

I hadn't planned on entering my payment details as I don't want to be hit with any unforeseen charges if someone accidentally purchases something on this device.

Is there any way around this, e.g can I enter dummy CC details?

Thanks all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Mallagio

Moyglish wrote: »
    Just setting up my NowTV box for the first time today and I see it wants me to activate my account my registering CC details with it before I can use it.

I hadn't planned on entering my payment details as I don't want to be hit with any unforeseen charges if someone accidentally purchases something on this device.

Is there any way around this, e.g can I enter dummy CC details?

Thanks all!

Within settings you can set up a password so someone else can't accidentally purchase something.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Thanks Mallagio!

Just have it set up now, looks good so far! I mainly got it for the 4OD player, working great!

Have mine set up but don't suppose anyone fancys talking me through hiding my location so I can use BBC player etc? It's probably second nature to u lad's but beyond me! Ta!

• Advertisement

Hi it looks like a great little box I took the free movies for a month and it's a great setup! Set purchase password and canceled the auto renew so looks like kids can't start signing up for things! Can u tell me in layman's language how I can hide my location so I can use BBC and other catch-up services? Any help appreciated? Ricky

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

You can't mention specifics on here but googling how to unblock and Smart VPN would probably give you ideas. For Now TV the solution needs to be on your router though as AFAIK there is no way to get to the network settings from the box itself.

Cheers Ronan will have a look!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭bromley52

bubric wrote: »
    Hi it looks like a great little box I took the free movies for a month and it's a great setup! Set purchase password and canceled the auto renew so looks like kids can't start signing up for things! Can u tell me in layman's language how I can hide my location so I can use BBC and other catch-up services? Any help appreciated? Ricky

The chances are that your router won't allow what you require.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Lads,

A friend of mine is working in the Phillipines and can't get the Premiership on cable tv (can get German, French, Italian, Dutch football etc. but not English).

Would this thing work there? He's got an Australian based credit card but I could buy it for him.

Would it work without messing around with IP addresses etc.

Thanks a million,
    Quad

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

quad_red wrote: »
    Lads,

A friend of mine is working in the Phillipines and can't get the Premiership on cable tv (can get German, French, Italian, Dutch football etc. but not English).

Would this thing work there? He's got an Australian based credit card but I could buy it for him.

Thanks a million,
    Quad

He should be able to get beIN sport out in the Philippines. Channel 11-13 offer English premier league coverage while they have 1-4 in foreign language.
    Good old Keys and Grey front the English coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

Lads,

Thanks a million,
    Quad
    He might be better off getting an android TV box, the NOW TV Sky box is probably IP restricted to UK/Ire

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Has anyone got ITV encore to play in the entertainment package?

Lads,

Thanks a million,
    Quad
    If he doesn't want to mess with IP addresses something like a sling box could be an option. Harvynormans were recently selling a Belkin version for about €30. He would need to have access (legal) to the channels here.

There is another option and it's not that difficult if your router allows it but I think boards rules prevent it being discussed, but it would involve messing with DNS addresses (look the same as IP addresses).

• Advertisement

Has anyone got ITV encore to play in the entertainment package?

Not here even with an extra paid service.

Advertisement