Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭iisollie

Has anyone succeeded in getting itvplayer to work?
    I use trickbyte and can get BBC iplayer working but no joy with itvplayer.
    Help or advice much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

iisollie wrote: »
    Has anyone succeeded in getting itvplayer to work?
    I use trickbyte and can get BBC iplayer working but no joy with itvplayer.
    Help or advice much appreciated

If ITV/utv launch in Ireland on the 1st January as plannef then it might work without having to use any IP tricks. No help right now of course but it's only two weeks away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Try unblock-us.

Works for ITVPlayer on all my devices, albeit I don't own a Roku.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

adm wrote: »
    Basically its for sky TV - you pay a monthly subscription for
    entertainment package or sport movies etc..

Its way more restricted than your apple tv. Only certain (roku) apps work on it (google it).
    biggest one that doesnt is netflix as it's a competitor.

If you are after a media streamer I wouldnt get this.

Side loading Plex makes it an extremely cheap media streamer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭bromley52

adm wrote: »
    Basically its for sky TV - you pay a monthly subscription for
    entertainment package or sport movies etc..

Its way more restricted than your apple tv. Only certain (roku) apps work on it (google it).
    biggest one that doesnt is netflix as it's a competitor.

If you are after a media streamer I wouldnt get this.

Pay about €36/year for overplay.net and this box becomes very useful. Add plex as mentioned and for most this is all you will need as it's so cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

techdiver wrote:
    Can anybody verify whether the channels on Now TV (Sky Sports etc) are in HD?

Live channels are not even 720p....its SD.....catch up shows are in hd....

• Registered Users Posts: 20 cmos_ajay

Hi lads,

Can I install Skype, Yahoo mail on this NOW TV box ?
    Please let me know other useful apps. that I can put on this box . What procedure do you follow ?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

cmos_ajay wrote: »
    Hi lads,

Can I install Skype, Yahoo mail on this NOW TV box ?
    Please let me know other useful apps. that I can put on this box . What procedure do you follow ?

Thanks.

Nope there's only a set amount of pre-installed apps on the box. Only chance would be to side load the app the same way Plex is installed but there would have to be an app made for the box.

I have one of these a good while now and it's certainly decent as a media server. But I got a chromecast recently and I'd recommend buying that instead as the screencast function of that is very useful. you can get now tv content on chromecast also via an app afaik. it can also run plex. the chromecast is more expensive but it's on offer sometimes - I got it for £18 from amazon uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

glasso wrote: »
    I have one of these a good while now and it's certainly decent as a media server. But I got a chromecast recently and I'd recommend buying that instead as the screencast function of that is very useful. you can get now tv content on chromecast also via an app afaik. it can also run plex.

The YouTube app in the NowTV supports the chrome cast function. Only limited to YouTube, still handy though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

glasso wrote: »
    I have one of these a good while now and it's certainly decent as a media server. But I got a chromecast recently and I'd recommend buying that instead as the screencast function of that is very useful. you can get now tv content on chromecast also via an app afaik. it can also run plex. the chromecast is more expensive but it's on offer sometimes - I got it for £18 from amazon uk.

As a plex client the NowTV has a remote. What do you yourself use for the chromecast

BostonB wrote: »
    As a plex client the NowTV has a remote. What do you yourself use for the chromecast

android phone or laptop.
    you do have to pay for the plex app normally but I actually got it free on amazon app of the day.

10% off Sports week pass
    http://www.nowtv.com/promo/weekpass10

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭BluesWeeper

Wondering if anyone bought the Chromecase with Now TV offer in PC world? 3 months entertainment pack.

I did and I've got chromecast working no problem, have got NOW tv working on my PC all perfect ...but my question is how can i link the two? pc to chromecast... it it possible?

It seems to me I need the Now TV app for an android phone or box but that app is not available to Ireland..has anyone got the NOW TV .apk ? perhaps it can be side-loaded on Android? Anyone help please?

Wondering if anyone bought the Chromecase with Now TV offer in PC world? 3 months entertainment pack.

I did and I've got chromecast working no problem, have got NOW tv working on my PC all perfect ...but my question is how can i link the two? PC to chromecast... is it possible? If I cast from browser it just gives a blank screen on TV.

It seems to me I need the Now TV app for an android phone or box but that app is not available to Ireland..has anyone got the NOW TV .apk ? perhaps it can be side-loaded on Android? Anyone help please?

Wondering if anyone bought the Chromecast with Now TV offer in PC world? 3 months entertainment pack.

I did and I've got chromecast working no problem, have got NOW tv working on my PC all perfect ...but my question is how can i link the two? Now tv on PC to Chromecast... is it possible? If I cast from browser it just gives a blank screen on TV.

It seems to me I might need the Now TV app for an android phone or box but that app is not available to Ireland from Play Store..has anyone got the NOW TV .apk ? perhaps it can be side-loaded on Android? Anyone help please?

It seems to me I might need the Now TV app for an android phone or box but that app is not available to Ireland from Play Store..has anyone got the NOW TV .apk ? perhaps it can be side-loaded on Android? Anyone help please?

login to a UK vpn and download now tv app on your pc from play store..it will start installing on your android device( currently app works only on tablet !!).....you should be able to cast from the app !!

Just saying thank you for the suggestions...my three month free entertainment pack all working great now .I used Hola as vpn...just wishing I'd had it before Christmas, some folks are never happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭TheInspector

Just saying thank you for the suggestions...my three month free entertainment pack all working great now .I used Hola as vpn...just wishing I'd had it before Christmas, some folks are never happy :)

I'm trying to install it on my tablet for Chromecast , I don't have an apk but when I used a vpn on pc it says my device is in another country and it can't install.

Anyway around that?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

DubDJ wrote: »
    The YouTube app in the NowTV supports the chrome cast function. Only limited to YouTube, still handy though.

i use the playto app from my phone, it seems to work for pretty much any online video source.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭techdiver

Hi,

I was wondering whether it is required to have the Now TV box to avail of any of the Now TV services? Can you just pay for the passes and access on-line or through the app on LG TV's?

I cxan't find an answer fo this. No big deal really since the boix is only £10, but my TV is already a Smart TV, so I don't need any of the other apps on the box.

techdiver wrote: »
    Hi,

I was wondering whether it is required to have the Now TV box to avail of any of the Now TV services? Can you just pay for the passes and access on-line or through the app on LG TV's?

I cxan't find an answer fo this. No big deal really since the boix is only £10, but my TV is already a Smart TV, so I don't need any of the other apps on the box.

Yes, you can use the app on any device (except ones with SIM cards) or a laptop/pc. Only 2 devices/month can be added or changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭BobMcBob

Got now TV to work on a tablet, but won't work on the phone (sim card not accepted error), suspect it is checking for a UK sim

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

I have the now tv box but also downloaded it to my PS4. Dead handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

If I cancel my now tv subscription will I get an offer to keep me?

I canceled before and was offered half price for 4 months, but the 4 months are up now.

Will I get a similar offer again? If not, will the email me at any stage to get me back?

I took the SIM out of my Sony Xperia M2 and NOWTV plays and casts to tv no problem , so I think also it must be looking for a UK SIM card ?

I failed to get it running on a kindle fire 7 hdx :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

I took the SIM out of my Sony Xperia M2 and NOWTV plays and casts to tv no problem , so I think also it must be looking for a UK SIM card ?

I failed to get it running on a kindle fire 7 hdx :(

Where did you download it from. I cant seem to find a site with the .APK that doesn't look dodgy.

eoinf wrote:
    Where did you download it from. I cant seem to find a site with the .APK that doesn't look dodgy.

If you are using android !! Login to any UK vpn (justfree.....etc.) from pc...open play store on your PC and search now tv app. Click install n select it for the device you want to install it on....installation should start on your device !!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭TheInspector

tharmor wrote: »
    If you are using android !! Login to any UK vpn (justfree.....etc.) from pc...open play store on your PC and search now tv app. Click install n select it for the device you want to install it on....installation should start on your device !!

I've tried that and it says the country your device is in its not compatible

• Advertisement

I've tried that and it says the country your device is in its not compatible

Strange should work !! After logging to vpn type google.com....does it redirect you to google.co.uk ?? if not ur vpn is a problem....

Advertisement