Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭BluesWeeper

All I did as was suggested was use a vpn. I used "Hola". Hola is a questionable sorta vpn extension for FF or Chrome browsers.

Selected the UK setting on hola, went to Playstore and found the NOW TV app and installed.

Without the browser extension chrome didn't even show slys Now tv on Play store, just some now tv from Asia..

..Have it running fine only , duh, it was running so well, i ran over the limit of devices u can install it on (4). a pc, chromecast and two androois l...

Just make sure your VPN is actually working, i tried tunnel bear first but that didn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭chases0102

Hiya folks. I've a quick question that someone here may be able to answer me.

I bought Chromecas yesterday; delighted with it, great piece of kit.

However, I am unable to Cast the Sky Sports App I have on my IPad - I have all channels from my fathers subscription.

I see that thre is three months free Now TV with the Chromecast - my question is, is there a way to Cast the Sky Sports App through Now TV, or indeed through anything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

chases0102 wrote: »
    Hiya folks. I've a quick question that someone here may be able to answer me.

I bought Chromecas yesterday; delighted with it, great piece of kit.

However, I am unable to Cast the Sky Sports App I have on my IPad - I have all channels from my fathers subscription.

I see that thre is three months free Now TV with the Chromecast - my question is, is there a way to Cast the Sky Sports App through Now TV, or indeed through anything else?

Sky have blocked the ability to stream from the app and send it to a chromecast or Apple tv, they also wont let you output over HDMI. The app is locked down so you can only watch it on your iOS device.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭chases0102

Thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

What kind of bandwidth usage per month would there be if i left ITV1 on the ITV Player streaming constantly do you think?

• Advertisement

rogercross wrote: »
    What kind of bandwidth usage per month would there be if i left ITV1 on the ITV Player streaming constantly do you think?

rough guess 500mb per hour.
    So if you had it on 24 hrs a day for 30 days, 360gb a month (500/1000 x 24 x 30).

Ah, may not be doing that then :-)

A relative hates the new UTV Ireland, figured a spare NOWTv and the ITV Player would do the trick, wanted to make it idiot proof though.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭BluesWeeper

Was so impressed with the Chromecast that I've bought the NOW TV box as well...cant understand how the Sly Corp doesn't actively market this in Ireland , its great piece of kit , am sure any home with fibre BB would enjoy....

Anyone realize Vodafone have a limit on their "unlimited" fibre BB? 300 GBs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

glasso wrote: »
    rough guess 500mb per hour.
    So if you had it on 24 hrs a day for 30 days, 360gb a month (500/1000 x 24 x 30).

I felt that might be a tad over estimating but no! Even worse for a HD channel. iPlayer HD is 2800 Kb/s for example and this is over 900GB a month...

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=2800+kb%2Fs+for+30+days

Phibsboro wrote: »
    I felt that might be a tad over estimating but no! Even worse for a HD channel. iPlayer HD is 2800 Kb/s for example and this is over 900GB a month...

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=2800+kb%2Fs+for+30+days

Ah ok, I definitely can't leave any of these players running fulltime then.

• Advertisement

Does anyone happen to know what sort of restrictions the ITV Player has in terms of transmitting ITV1 content live? Are they allowed transmit the original dramas through the app live or would they be restricted. Not pushed about movies.

P.S. I'm using Unotelly.

but it's only using serious bandwidth when you are watching something.

so e.g. if watching 10 hours of content a month -> 10 x 500mb = 5gb.

when it's active but not watching content e.g. browsing through the series and / or documentaries it's not using much bandwidth at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭bromley52

Does anyone happen to know what sort of restrictions the ITV Player has in terms of transmitting ITV1 content live? Are they allowed transmit the original dramas through the app live or would they be restricted. Not pushed about movies.

P.S. I'm using Unotelly.

I know movies are restricted. Sporting events may also be, I'm not sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭bromley52

Unless you are with the likes of upc.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

Anyone having problems with Now TV playing on their Apple TV? Mine was working fine until a few days ago but now I keep getting error authenticating device. Now TV is still working fine on Chromecast and the Now TV box.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Anyone having problems with Now TV playing on their Apple TV? Mine was working fine until a few days ago but now I keep getting error authenticating device. Now TV is still working fine on Chromecast and the Now TV box.

Used it as recently as Sunday evening and it was fine. Will check later.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

Now tv website says now tv works on tablets. How do I get it to work on an iPad? I can't find an app for now tv

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Can someone tell me the following:

Exactly what channels are available in ireland?
    What is available without subscription and with no messing with IP addresses etc?

quad_red wrote: »
    Can someone tell me the following:

Exactly what channels are available in ireland?
    What is available without subscription and with no messing with IP addresses etc?

Without a subscription and without messing with DNS or VPN's etc, you have access to the 4OD app.

NOWTV requires a sub, BBC iPlayer requires a DNS change, as far as I know the Channel 5 on demand and ITV Player apps also requires a DNS change.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Now tv website says now tv works on tablets. How do I get it to work on an iPad? I can't find an app for now tv

I'm pretty sure there's an app in the UK App Store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

You will need to have a UK iTunes account. Login using that and the NowTV app will be available as a free download.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

tallpaul wrote: »
    You will need to have a UK iTunes account. Login using that and the NowTV app will be available as a free download.

Does that mean getting rid of my Irish iTunes account or can I have both?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Does that mean getting rid of my Irish iTunes account or can I have both?

You can have both, handy to have as some apps might only be available in UK, also handy to have a US account.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭techdiver

Has anyone been able to install the Now TV app on Xbox 360?

I have changed my xbox live account to the UK and I can see the UK apps listed but when i attempt to install it I get an error saying it is not available in my region. I am using a smart dns proxy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

techdiver wrote: »

I have changed my xbox live account to the UK and I can see the UK apps listed but when i attempt to install it I get an error saying it is not available in my region. I am using a smart dns proxy.

Probably detecting your IP address as non UK then.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭sfag31

techdiver wrote: »

Yes - I did, it is not easy in the South. I did it from my Mums place in the North.
    You may need a combination of UK microsoft live account, a vpn, set the xbox dns settings to UK ones (I use unotelly), and change the locale in the xbox settings to uk. Once it is done all is fine as long as you keep using a uk xbox live account (which is free for tv apps ) .
    Worth doing as all the popular UK apps are on the xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭sfag31

If I cancel my now tv subscription will I get an offer to keep me?

I canceled before and was offered half price for 4 months, but the 4 months are up now.

Will I get a similar offer again? If not, will the email me at any stage to get me back?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Hi

Just wondering, how much is the subscription and If I bought this and used it to watch Sky sports for a week eg, the masters , its cheaper that getting and removing Sky sports from the likes of SKY and UPC

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭techdiver

Hi

Just wondering, how much is the subscription and If I bought this and used it to watch Sky sports for a week eg, the masters , its cheaper that getting and removing Sky sports from the likes of SKY and UPC

You can get a sky sports week pass for £11.99 sterling, so it would definitely be cheaper than UPC or SKY subscription.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

i had the 3 months free pass which i got with chromecast..............i had cancelled the pass so its not autorenewed. I could see the re-activate now button and last date till which the pass will run.

My problem is that after the last date now i again have cancel the pass button but there is a sentence which says you currently dont have monthly entertainment pass and i am able to see everything on the app. Will i be charged ?? anyone faced similar issues ?

Advertisement