Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭techdiver

Hey,

Roughly how long did it take for the box to arrive via parcel motel for any of you who bought it that way?

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

6-7 days (sent 2nd class post by Sky).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

If you are buying the box, it might be cheaper to order off Argos.co.uk. They usually have deals on these boxes including the box and three months entertainment pack for £14.99:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2800150.htm

tallpaul wrote: »
    If you are buying the box, it might be cheaper to order off Argos.co.uk. They usually have deals on these boxes including the box and three months entertainment pack for £14.99:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2800150.htm

Cheers.

Already ordered directly. Got the 2 sports day pass package, paid £19.99 for it. It's £14.99 on the argos, although delivery is £3.95, so only £1 in the difference so not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

any free codes knocking around recently? not seen any for a while now. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Does the entertainment pass work without having to use a dns service?

And say I had bought 2 now tv boxes both with 3 month entertainment passes and i give one box to a family member. Can two entertainemnt passes be used one after another on one box with the same sky acccount?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Does the entertainment pass work without having to use a dns service?

And say I had bought 2 now tv boxes both with 3 month entertainment passes and i give one box to a family member. Can two entertainemnt passes be used one after another on one box with the same sky acccount?

All the channels within the entertainment pass work without DNS

You can use two devices simultaneously and have upto 4 registered to your account, you buy the pass for your account...

As example i have 4 devices registered on my account
    1 device in my home
    1 box in my brothers home
    & 2 boxes at my parents home

2 of these can be in use at the same time (using the nowtv services), in my case this is generally 1 box at my parents house(using now tv) and the device at my Home(Xbox) with my brothers being used for big sports events (Nicer Telly ;) )

But you could register two boxes, a laptop and tablet for example, to allow yourself to watch wherever you are (I sound like a salesman)

All the above is assuming you set up a Nowtv account, I've no experience with using Sky account with the Nowtv service

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭bromley52

Shane_ef wrote: »

...I've no experience with using Sky account with the Nowtv service

Sky a/c username and password will work as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

Shane_ef wrote: »
    All the channels within the entertainment pass work without DNS

You can use two devices simultaneously and have upto 4 registered to your account, you buy the pass for your account...

As example i have 4 devices registered on my account
    1 device in my home
    1 box in my brothers home
    & 2 boxes at my parents home

2 of these can be in use at the same time (using the nowtv services), in my case this is generally 1 box at my parents house(using now tv) and the device at my Home(Xbox) with my brothers being used for big sports events (Nicer Telly ;) )

But you could register two boxes, a laptop and tablet for example, to allow yourself to watch wherever you are (I sound like a salesman)

All the above is assuming you set up a Nowtv account, I've no experience with using Sky account with the Nowtv service

ITV Encore doesn't work with or without DNS unfortunately.

rogercross wrote: »
    ITV Encore doesn't work with or without DNS unfortunately.

The catch up service does work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

bromley52 wrote: »
    The catch up service does work.

Ah, doesn't for me, which DNS service are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭The Sky

Hello, first time using Parcel Motel and I am wondering as to what I enter when it comes to the shipping details for NowTV? There is no section to enter my name and my Parcel Motel ID, and I want to make sure I do it properly.

The Sky wrote: »
    Hello, first time using Parcel Motel and I am wondering as to what I enter when it comes to the shipping details for NowTV? There is no section to enter my name and my Parcel Motel ID, and I want to make sure I do it properly.

Now TV auto populate your name based on your account on the shipping label. Just add you parcel motel id in any of the spare address fields.

I just had one delivered successfully today doing it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

The Sky wrote: »

Delivery address
    We only ship to the UK at the moment

Postcode*
    BT36 4PE

House Name
    Your Name

House Number*
    Your PMID

Address Line 1*
    1A McKinney Rd

Address Line 2
    Newtownabbey

Town/City*
    Antrim

That's what I do

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭ooter

If I cancel my now tv subscription now will I still get the movies free for 30 days?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,579 ✭✭✭kingshankly

As someone who lives just in the north but works in the south I have recieved or bought 43 of these for various lads at work coming from currys argos God knows where else they were 13 before xmas now 15 in argos even dearer in currys
    Don't gave one myself Is there any advantage having one if you already have sky on demand

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

ooter wrote: »
    If I cancel my now tv subscription now will I still get the movies free for 30 days?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

As someone who lives just in the north but works in the south I have recieved or bought 43 of these for various lads at work coming from currys argos God knows where else they were 13 before xmas now 15 in argos even dearer in currys
    Don't gave one myself Is there any advantage having one if you already have sky on demand

4od, NHL gamecenter app,YouTube and sideloaded plex are all pretty good to have

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭ooter

tallpaul wrote: »
    Yes.

Thanks.
    Tunein radio and Spotify are two other good apps to have to listen to radio/music on TV.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Out of stock at the moment..

• Advertisement

As more time passes these become less of the uber bargain they once were.

Android tv boxes have come a long way in the last year, as has the software running on them.

You can get the mk808b+ for significantly less then €30 in most places and it's a cracking little box for the money with none of the limitations of the nowtv.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

vibe666 wrote: »

Android tv boxes have come a long way in the last year, as has the software running on them.

You can get the mk808b+ for significantly less then €30 in most places and it's a cracking little box for the money with none of the limitations of the nowtv.

For me its more about the ability to get Sports for a week than anything else

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

vibe666 wrote: »

With Plex side loaded it really opens the box up, especially with the unoffical app store or whatever its called. Throw in 4OD, BBC iplayer etc and I still think its an uber bargain. I do use it mostly as a media streamer though, never use the Sky subs.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

For me its more about the ability to get Sports for a week than anything else

As long as you don't mind paying for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

adox wrote: »
    With Plex side loaded it really opens the box up, especially with the unoffical app store or whatever its called. Throw in 4OD, BBC iplayer etc and I still think its an uber bargain. I do use it mostly as a media streamer though, never use the Sky subs.

how do you install that app store?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

keano25 wrote: »

I think this is what adox means.

See my post and the response I got when I asked the same Q a year ago.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056556502&page=46

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

bromley52 wrote: »
    See my post and the response I got when I asked the same Q a year ago.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056556502&page=46

Couldn't find it?

Couldn't find it?

https://forums.plex.tv/index.php/topic/25523-unsupported-as-in-totally-unofficial-appstore/

The answer I got was,
    iPhone. wrote: »
    Presuming you have plex installed. On my NSA310 what I find easiest is to log in using Filezilla to ssh in.

The path should be x.x.x.x/mnt/HD_a2/programs/plex/lib/Plex\ Media\ Server/Plug-ins/

replacing the x's with your local ip for your NAS. Then just copy whatever plugin you want into the folder.

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »
    As long as you don't mind paying for it!

And paying through the nose to boot. There are android apps that give you more sports than you could ever watch, including everything you'd find on sky sports.

Advertisement