Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭techdiver

vibe666 wrote: »
    And paying through the nose to boot. There are android apps that give you more sports than you could ever watch, including everything you'd find on sky sports.

I have never found a reliable, decent quality stream on any platform I have used.

Now TV allows me to watch rugby and not worry about a stream crashing or watching a pixelated mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

same as , never found a reliable site that doesn't crash or bad streams...

Am happy to pay for the golf as I need it, save me a fortune from SKY, UPC

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,969 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

same as , never found a reliable site that doesn't crash or bad streams...

Am happy to pay for the golf as I need it, save me a fortune from SKY, UPC

Do they not charge something ridiculous like 10 euro just for one day?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote: »

£6.99 for one day or £10.99 for a week.

It's completely worth it to be able to access the content you want without any contract. Also, remember you don't need any TV subscription at all. So you can have a Saorview/Freesat set-up in your house and only pay an odd time for the sports coverage you want.

If you want a full Sky Sports subscription you would have to have a basic TV subscription €29 and then pay €35 or so for Sky Sports per month.

I used to have a Sky Sports subscription that I paid over €40 with UPC (HD included). i only ever watched rugby and maybe some golf, darts etc, which meant I only really watched Sky Sport on Saturday/Sundays. The Now TV service will save me money in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Tyson Fury wrote: »

Sky Sports on NowTV is not meant as a replacement for a full Sky Sports subscription. It is for those of us that want to be able to dip in and out and watch it on occasion for certain sports. I have been using it on recent Sundays for the American Football and worked really well for the Ryder Cup last year. I will get a weekly pass for the Masters golf in April.

An added advantage for me is that the picture quality is much better than the standard SD broadcast quality that I would otherwise have for Sky Sports.

Just to add that I don't use the NowTV box anymore but rather the app on my Apple TV. This frees up a HDMI port on my TV and is one less remote to have to worry about! Having more than one of these also means I can watch sports in another room

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭pastor

If I purchase three boxes each with a 3 month movie subscription can I activate all three subscriptions and give my self 9 months and the free month of movies?

Thanks

pastor wrote: »
    If I purchase three boxes each with a 3 month movie subscription can I activate all three subscriptions and give my self 9 months and the free month of movies?

Thanks

I believe so.

I purchased the 2 sports day passes bundle and the box just contains a scratch card to reveal voucher codes to be used at any time, I think they have a 12 month validity.

techdiver wrote: »
    I believe so.

I purchased the 2 sports day passes bundle and the box just contains a scratch card to reveal voucher codes to be used at any time, I think they have a 12 month validity.

Thanks for the reply that is great news.

pastor wrote: »

Thanks

They don't stack unless you activate the next code in the last month of the current subscription.

The best way would be to activate the free month of movies then on the last day of the free trial, activate the first of the three months of movies then in the third month of this subscription, activate the second code and repeat for the last...

tallpaul wrote: »
    They don't stack unless you activate the next code in the last month of the current subscription.

The best way would be to activate the free month of movies then on the last day of the free trial, activate the first of the three months of movies then in the third month of this subscription, activate the second code and repeat for the last...

Thasnks that makes sense

• Advertisement

so, how do most people use it?

I have VPN Unlimited on mac and ipad.iphone

Is it a matter of loading onto the device via app store and mirror to apple TV ?

I have an Airport Extreme as router...

so, how do most people use it?

I have VPN Unlimited on mac and ipad.iphone

Is it a matter of loading onto the device via app store and mirror to apple TV ?

I have an Airport Extreme as router...

No need. Create a UK iTunes account. Login to this account on the Apple TV and the NowTV app will automatically appear. Login to the app and away you go!!

tallpaul wrote: »
    No need. Create a UK iTunes account. Login to this account on the Apple TV and the NowTV app will automatically appear. Login to the app and away you go!!

fantastic...

Happy days, have installed Plex on my NAS aswell, so will be steaming my movies from it to the Nowtv upstairs...

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Evelyn Martina

Hi

I got this box yesterday , registered for now tv account, 30 day free movies trial, also purchased entertainment package for 3 months. This morning received email saying that account was deactivated and nothing works even though the funds have been withdrawn from my account. My email to now tv keeps being rejected by the server , can you help please as everyone else on this forum seems to have no problems with the box and subscriptions working.

regards.

Evelyn

Hi

I got this box yesterday , registered for now tv account, 30 day free movies trial, also purchased entertainment package for 3 months. This morning received email saying that account was deactivated and nothing works even though the funds have been withdrawn from my account. My email to now tv keeps being rejected by the server , can you help please as everyone else on this forum seems to have no problems with the box and subscriptions working.

regards.

Evelyn

That sounds weird.

Perhaps try the nowtv forums. Some staff members often monitor it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Hi

regards.

Evelyn

Suggest you contact nowtv directly. I don't think anyone here can help with account issues.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/How-to-contact-us

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭chases0102

Hi folks,

Forgive me if my query has already been answered, there are so many pages on this thread.

I bought Chromecast (brilliant, by the way) and redemmed the offer on the box for free Now Tv for three months.

However, I can't get the app on either my Android phone or iPad...is there a geographical restriction? Is there anyway around it?

Cheers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

chases0102 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Forgive me if my query has already been answered, there are so many pages on this thread.

I bought Chromecast (brilliant, by the way) and redemmed the offer on the box for free Now Tv for three months.

However, I can't get the app on either my Android phone or iPad...is there a geographical restriction? Is there anyway around it?

Cheers!!

For the iPad you will have create a UK itunes account which is very easy. No VPN needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Hi

regards.

Evelyn

Same thing happened to me. Had just signed up last weekend and was using the PS4 app. Then on Monday I get the e-mail that says it's been deactivated. Haven't had a chance to call them about it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

Same thing happened to me. Had just signed up last weekend and was using the PS4 app. Then on Monday I get the e-mail that says it's been deactivated. Haven't had a chance to call them about it yet.

Did it state a reason ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Dave..M wrote: »
    Did it state a reason ?

This was the contents of the e-mail:

"Your NOW TV account has been deactivated. This may have occurred for a number of reasons, including the following:

1. You have exceeded the maximum number of unsuccessful log-in attempts and, like a bank card, we have deactivated the account for security reasons.
    2. You have requested NOW TV to close your account.

If you wish to re-activate your account please contact info@nowtv.com

Kind Regards,
    NOW TV"

With the e-mail coming from "NOREPLY@mppglobal.com"

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

This was the contents of the e-mail:

"Your NOW TV account has been deactivated. This may have occurred for a number of reasons, including the following:

1. You have exceeded the maximum number of unsuccessful log-in attempts and, like a bank card, we have deactivated the account for security reasons.
    2. You have requested NOW TV to close your account.

If you wish to re-activate your account please contact info@nowtv.com

Kind Regards,
    NOW TV"

With the e-mail coming from "NOREPLY@mppglobal.com"

Strange, let us know how you get on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭kindalen

I got a now tv box today. It comes with 5 day passes for sky sports.
    Can i use these passes without changing dns settings on my router?

What is the best way to set up this box to best effect? Confused,after looking through this thread and googling.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

On the remote, press the following...

Home, Home, Home, Up, Up, Right, Left, Right, Left, Right

Then, download RarPlex, and navigate to the web address on screen. Upload the file and you're away.
    Install Plex on your computer, add the location of your videos and whatnot, and you're away.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

Eventually got around to getting a uk itunes account to get the now tv app for the iPad. I get the message "the item you tried to buy is no longer available"

Have I done something wrong in setting up the uk account or has the app been removed?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Eventually got around to getting a uk itunes account to get the now tv app for the iPad. I get the message "the item you tried to buy is no longer available"

Have I done something wrong in setting up the uk account or has the app been removed?

App still there, ake sure you are logon with the UK account (prices in pounds), for the message sounds like you are logged on with the Irish account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭dogtoffee

You don't need a uk account just go to iPad settings/iTunes settings/click on your account then change country when it asks for card details click on none you can change it back when you get the app

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

kindalen wrote: »
    I got a now tv box today. It comes with 5 day passes for sky sports.
    Can i use these passes without changing dns settings on my router?

What is the best way to set up this box to best effect? Confused,after looking through this thread and googling.

Thanks.

Whered you get it from?

I registered device last week and also got an email today saying my account is deactivated

I got onto them and they said that its because I am in RoI

Is that it then?

• Advertisement

I registered device last week and also got an email today saying my account is deactivated

I got onto them and they said that its because I am in RoI

Is that it then?

Hasn't happened to me. Although worrying if true!

It would be odd though, given that they allow a ROI billing address on their site.

Advertisement