Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭kindalen

noodler wrote: »
    Whered you get it from?

Friend got it for me in argos in the north, was a few months ago but only got it recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

I registered device last week and also got an email today saying my account is deactivated

I got onto them and they said that its because I am in RoI

Is that it then?

It's certainly an unwelcome development.

did you just set up the account or did you just add a new device to an existing account?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

kindalen wrote: »
    Friend got it for me in argos in the north, was a few months ago but only got it recently.

Hmm, would be worth it for the five passes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Lads regarding the emails about being in the Republic. What address did ye get the box sent too? Irish or N Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

keano25 wrote: »
    Lads regarding the emails about being in the Republic. What address did ye get the box sent too? Irish or N Irish

Use the PM Newtownabbey address:
    Your Name
    Your PMID
    1A McKinney Rd
    Newtownabbey
    Antrim
    BT36 4PE

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

those of you who had them cancelled.
    did you buy passes direct from Nowtv or use passes bought online.
    I wonder is it the credit card causing the issue.

No email for me yet !

styron wrote: »
    Use the PM Newtownabbey address:

Ya I used that one ages ago and I've never had a problem. Just wondering what the lads getting hassle used?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

I set up a device and it was automatically logging in...so, not sure now

I can still log into my account via www.nowtv.com and am still able to watch a movie I was watching on the device

Also to be aware, they no longer support Chrome if you want to watch via laptop

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

I set up a device and it was automatically logging in...so, not sure now

I can still log into my account via www.nowtv.com and am still able to watch a movie I was watching on the device

Also to be aware, they no longer support Chrome if you want to watch via laptop

So are you saying your account is fine and you can still stream?

Dave..M wrote: »
    So are you saying your account is fine and you can still stream?

seems to be ok, I will give it a day or so just to in case it takes a while to become deactivated

I used my Irish Credit card, but that seemed ok as when I registered it gave me an option of having RoI as a location..

Will revert back tomorrow

• Advertisement

seems to be ok, I will give it a day or so just to in case it takes a while to become deactivated

I used my Irish Credit card, but that seemed ok as when I registered it gave me an option of having RoI as a location..

Will revert back tomorrow

Stranger and stranger, well hopefully all will be fine....

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

My account was deactivated but I hadn't ordered a box. Only signed up on the website and used the PS4 app.

Looks like it would have been the Irish card details.

Didnt even know this wasnt available in Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

I'm able to login via the website with nothing untoward. Played a show via the app on Apple TV and it worked fine. My subscription is an entertainment pack for six months using a voucher code from one of their boxes so I am not subscribing every month off a ROI credit card.

It would be interesting to note if those being deactivated were paying for the subscription this way i.e. off an Irish credit card??

tallpaul wrote: »
    I'm able to login via the website with nothing untoward. Played a show via the app on Apple TV and it worked fine. My subscription is an entertainment pack for six months using a voucher code from one of their boxes so I am not subscribing every month off a ROI credit card.

It would be interesting to note if those being deactivated were paying for the subscription this way i.e. off an Irish credit card??

I have movies & ent pack but also currently on vouchers for the next 3 months on each (bought another box with 4 months movies & another Chromecast & got the 3 month ent). I've had the account over a year though and had previously paid on my Irish card indeed it's needed to set up the account anyway. Maybe the new vat rules mean that Sky can't ignore Irish payments anymore.

Edit: I also use the PS3 app and cast via my iPhone to Chromecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭techdiver

I signed up less than a month ago with an Irish credit card and purchased a box 2 weeks ago with 2 sports passes. So far mine works fine too.

For the people who received the deactivation email, how long ago did you sign up?

I'm paying the movie pack every month from Irish card?

I'm paying the movie pack every month from Irish card?

Have you paid this month?

Have you paid this month?

I'll check the last date now

29/12/14

NOWTV.COM/BILLINGHEL

12.98 DR

29/12/14

NOWTV.COM/BILLINGHEL

12.98 DR

Thanks Keano, so the last time you paid was 2014, I guess we'll find out in 2 days what they make of your 2015 payment, please keep us posted...

Anyone else out there who has paid a renewal already in Jan i.e. who registered last year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

29/12/14

NOWTV.COM/BILLINGHEL

12.98 DR

Lol fortuitous name there :pac:

I had loads of billing problems with these guys last years spent about 2-3 hours on live chat in total.
    'I'm sorry sir I can't do that'
    'I'm sorry sir I do't have access to that'
    'I'm sorry sir I can't see that on my system'
    'I'm sorry sir our records indicate that you have not paid'

In the end if you stick it out they can fix it but its not worth the hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭techdiver

Thanks Keano, so the last time you paid was 2014, I guess we'll find out in 2 days what they make of your 2015 payment, please keep us posted...

Anyone else out there who has paid a renewal already in Jan i.e. who registered last year

I only registered and paid this month for the first time. 6th of January.

I'll let ye know aswell lads don't worry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Paid for movies last month and renewed my entertainment package 3 days ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Movies last week sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Tonio

Top Tip

For the Liverpool Chelsea semi final first leg I bought a 1 week Sky Sports pass and activated it just before kick off 1 week ago.

I switched on last night for the second leg and noticed I only had a few minutes to go on my 1 week pass. I fully expected to have to buy another pass to watch the second leg.

To my surprise, after the game kicked off, even though my pass said 'Expired' (on the EPG info box), I was able to continue to watch the whole game until the end.

I guess this is a glitch. So if your pass expires while you are watching something DO NOT CHANGE CHANNEL or exit the stream and you will be able to continue to watch. As soon as the game finished I changed channel and sure enough there was a screen inviting me to purchase a new pass...

ok..

its been a couple of days since I got the email saying my account is deactivated

I am still able to log onto my account and can still play movies as per the free 30 days for signing up.

I get the feeling its just a fear mail as they don't want RoI folks knowing they can use the system

Also, I am not using any kind on VPN, just standard streaming with UPC

DT

ok..

its been a couple of days since I got the email saying my account is deactivated

I am still able to log onto my account and can still play movies as per the free 30 days for signing up.

I get the feeling its just a fear mail as they don't want RoI folks knowing they can use the system

Also, I am not using any kind on VPN, just standard streaming with UPC

DT

That's good to hear

Edit: out of curiosity when you mailed support about the deactivation email did you ask them was it because you were in the ROI or did they specifically say to you that it was because your billing address was ROI?

That's good to hear

Edit: out of curiosity when you mailed support about the deactivation email did you ask them was it because you were in the ROI or did they specifically say to you that it was because your billing address was ROI?

Specifically said that I was in the RoI and that they service is not rolled out here yet, but that they are looking at it being rolled out.

• Advertisement

Specifically said that I was in the RoI and that they service is not rolled out here yet, but that they are looking at it being rolled out.

Personally I just don't see how they could market it here at a price point that makes any sense , in the UK they have the movies as 9.99 v 16.99 for Sky ( think it launched around the same price as the sat service but no one took it up vs love film & Netflix at half that price and it came right down, at that price its probably the sweet spot for them), with sky movies here at 28 quid they'd need to come in close to that to avoid cannibilising that service and who in their right minds is going to pay that for sky movies vs Netflix, hell at 13 quid a month with current fx rate and card charges it's at the limit of what I'll pay already,I reckon it'd die on its feet.hopefully Amazon launch here soon and add a bit of competition to the streaming market and Nowtv stays UK only but ROI available!

Advertisement