Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

keano25 wrote: »
    strange one on this now tv no longer works on my smart tv or ps4. it works ok on little white box tho

Strange, its still working on my PS4, I recently reinstalled the app on the ps4 though so maybe it would be worth doing that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

rogercross wrote: »
    Strange, its still working on my PS4, I recently reinstalled the app on the ps4 though so maybe it would be worth doing that?

I get a code 5 error? I'll try reinstalling later.

Sky go tv app still works tho..

keano25 wrote: »
    I get a code 5 error? I'll try reinstalling later.

Sky go tv app still works tho..

Are you using any kind of DNS service?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭bubric

I have stopped using my now tv box but have whipped the power supply for another roku box if any one wants it im in limerick or cover post ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭bromley52

I checked for offers on my chromecast and only the nowtv 3 months entertainment pack was there. I previously used this but chanced my arm with it again and I got a code for a free month. Worth a try for anyone interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

rogercross wrote: »
    Are you using any kind of DNS service?

No. But can't find what an error 5 is anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

so...its been a while since I go the "deactivate account" email...26Jan

I cancelled my subscription 03Feb

Tonite I logged into my account via My macbook and everything still works and my 30 day free trial still working

Not sure whats going on, I will plug in the box tomorrow to the TV and see if its still ok.

Screen%20Shot%202015-02-24%20at%2021.28.38_zpscpbbrata.png

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Used the free trial to watch the Oscars the other night.

Got a deactivation email today from them. What a load of crap. Pretty sure it had Ireland in the dropdown box when I was signing up too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

I have payed for the entertainment package since I got the box . Think it nearly a year.

Never had any problem. Great service. Never let me down. Box sets are great.

One subscription and two boxes.

Since I pay, I don't think I will be getting a cancellation email. Ireland or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

bubric wrote: »
    I have stopped using my now tv box but have whipped the power supply for another roku box if any one wants it im in limerick or cover post ;-)

What kind of power supply? How much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Used the NowTV app on Apple TV last night to catch up on Walking Dead and it worked flawlessly as usual. However I don't pay monthly and use the 3/5/6 month codes instead.

tallpaul wrote: »
    Used the NowTV app on Apple TV last night to catch up on Walking Dead and it worked flawlessly as usual. However I don't pay monthly and use the 3/5/6 month codes instead.

Mines still working as well, got that cancellation mail a few weeks ago now, but at the time i contacted nowtv via live chat and got them to confirm there was no pending cancellation order on my account.

Just avoid mentioning that you're in Ireland and act like you've maybe entered your password a few times wrong and "is that maybe why i got this mail", also changed my billing address to parcel motel so when they checked the account it showed as uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Moyglish

The plug for my Now TV isn't working anymore, anyone know where I could get a replacement for it? Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

I just got a letter in the post from sky saying theres a €5 credit on my account can I confirm my address. Thats very suspicious as I haven't subscribed to sky for at least 5 years and have used vouchers for now tv. Is this a roundabout way of getting me to admit I'm not in the UK so they can cancel my now tv account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Mallagio

moodrater wrote: »
    I just got a letter in the post from sky saying theres a €5 credit on my account can I confirm my address. Thats very suspicious as I haven't subscribed to sky for at least 5 years and have used vouchers for now tv. Is this a roundabout way of getting me to admit I'm not in the UK so they can cancel my now tv account?

Lets just say I wouldn't be replying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

I have payed for the entertainment package since I got the box . Think it nearly a year.

Never had any problem. Great service. Never let me down. Box sets are great.

One subscription and two boxes.

Since I pay, I don't think I will be getting a cancellation email. Ireland or not.

You should go through the cancellation process on their website. I do it every so often and get the service for a cheaper price for a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭JDxtra

That's a known scam letter. It didn't actually come from Sky.

anyone having the issue where the plex playback on the now tv box will fail just before the end of the movie or episode (like 6 to 7 minutes from the end)? If so, have you found any solution?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Weirdness on my Now TV box... it doesn't seem send the signal to my TV that it is switched on. So, after an hour or so my TV (Samsung) pops up a message saying that the TV is about to go into standby. Doesn't happen with any other HDMI connected devices (DVD player, media player etc.).

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

glasso wrote: »
    anyone having the issue where the plex playback on the now tv box will fail just before the end of the movie or episode (like 6 to 7 minutes from the end)? If so, have you found any solution?

Had this, you need to update Plex, on the box itself - so download the latest version, log into the box via developer mode and do the rest - worked like a charm for me.

• Advertisement

A Disgrace wrote: »
    Had this, you need to update Plex, on the box itself - so download the latest version, log into the box via developer mode and do the rest - worked like a charm for me.

are they not charging for plex roku now? should I use rarflix instead?

JDxtra wrote: »
    That's a known scam letter. It didn't actually come from Sky.

Ahh no its not, it has my real sky account number, and its asking me to call the real sky number.

http://www.thejournal.ie/sky-customer-letter-is-not-a-scam-1811368-Dec2014/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Not sure if they are charging but I use rarflix and find it much better. Very reliable too.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

Not sure - how much better is Rarflix does anyone know?

A Disgrace wrote: »
    Not sure - how much better is Rarflix does anyone know?

Rarflix is/was so much better that plex hired the developer to work on the official app and and rarflix is no longer developed.

Rarflix is/was so much better that plex hired the developer to work on the official app and and rarflix is no longer developed.

can you still d/load it?

can you still d/load it?

Yeah last version is from august, its on github:
    https://github.com/ljunkie/rarflix/raw/master/RARflix.zip

Actually had put rarflix on a box that I got for a relation but never bothered to update my own until now. the issues that I had with cut-outs before the end gone and also ffwd'ng and rewinding work much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Little help.

When I play film or TV show on Plex, the sound level is high and distorted as if there is way to much gain . When I turn it down on the telly, its still distorted. Only when streaming from my computer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭lowbatt07

This thread has developed into a bit of a monster , so going back to basics here if someone might indulge me.

Can I still get a roku box for £10 delivered ? If so could someone post the link pls ?

I understand that sky have disabled some of the roku apps ? Is this true ? I'm most interested in slingbox/sling player - is it possible to put this app on this version of the roku box ?

Advertisement