Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

lowbatt07 wrote: »
    This thread has developed into a bit of a monster , so going back to basics here if someone might indulge me.

Can I still get a roku box for £10 delivered ? If so could someone post the link pls ?

I understand that sky have disabled some of the roku apps ? Is this true ? I'm most interested in slingbox/sling player - is it possible to put this app on this version of the roku box ?

I picked up another box about a month ago,
    You can no longer get the box for £10.00 for Nowtv, you have to purchase a pack for £19.99 -> http://www.nowtv.com/box

I was still able to side-load plex onto the box, and it works fine.
    To get the nowtv app on a "standard" roku box you need to be in the uk (or at least have the box think you are there) - I've a roku 3 and could manage to get it to work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Mallagio

Shane_ef wrote: »
    I picked up another box about a month ago,
    You can no longer get the box for £10.00 for Nowtv, you have to purchase a pack for £19.99 -> http://www.nowtv.com/box

I was still able to side-load plex onto the box, and it works fine.
    To get the nowtv app on a "standard" roku box you need to be in the uk (or at least have the box think you are there) - I've a roku 3 and could manage to get it to work

I've gotten all my boxes with plex on them for less than 15 quid on E-Bay UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Anyone know if its possible to get a longer power cable for this little gem?

joe316 wrote: »
    Anyone know if its possible to get a longer power cable for this little gem?

Just plug it into an extension lead?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭bubric

Mallagio wrote: »
    Just plug it into an extension lead?

I am using the power lead off this on my Roku anyone know where to get a replacement lead???!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

bubric wrote: »
    I am using the power lead off this on my Roku anyone know where to get a replacement lead???!

Is it not just a bog-standard 'figure of 8' 'kettle' lead that can be got anywhere?? Try Powercity or any electrical shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

tallpaul wrote: »
    Is it not just a bog-standard 'figure of 8' 'kettle' lead that can be got anywhere?? Try Powercity or any electrical shop.

Its not

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭bubric

No its not see pic on first page of this thread :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

bubric wrote: »

You're looking at at least £10 - you might be better going again with Sky for £19.99 (+ €3.95 Parcel Motel) at least you'll have the correct power supply, a spare box - and two months movies or 2 day sports passes.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ruth12345

Can someone explain the 2 day sports pass, is it 48 hours coverage over, say 2 months or 2 days coverage?

• Advertisement

ruth12345 wrote: »
    Can someone explain the 2 day sports pass, is it 48 hours coverage over, say 2 months or 2 days coverage?

They are two individual 24 hour passes that you can activate any time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Weird Now TV box issue - I've had mine working for months now. But now it can't see my wifi network. The router is only a few feet away, yet the wireless network is not listed any more. I've made no changes at all on my router and all other devices work just fine.

JDxtra wrote: »
    Weird Now TV box issue - I've had mine working for months now. But now it can't see my wifi network. The router is only a few feet away, yet the wireless network is not listed any more. I've made no changes at all on my router and all other devices work just fine.

Obviously you've rebooted the router I'd imagine?

Go into router and change the channel in the wifi, change it to 2.

Reboot everything on the network.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

Id agree with Mallagio.

That happened to one of my boxes too, turned out it didn't like the wifi channel my router was on (i had it set to auto) so I changed the channel to something else manually, searched again and i could once again see my network.

OK - thanks guys. Will check router channel later and change it to see if it helps.

Changing the wireless channel worked! It seems Now TV box did not like channel 13 on my UPC wireless router for some reason.

Hi JDxtra,

Glad that worked for you, also nice to know exactly which channel the box doesn't like too!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Can anyone point me towards the cheapest place for one of these at the mo? I tried some of the links and got nothing or out of stock.I have a parcel motel account.

UK Argos have some in stock for delivery. Register parcel Motel as your address and pay by Paypal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

tallpaul wrote: »
    UK Argos have some in stock for delivery. Register parcel Motel as your address and pay by Paypal.

Will variety pack and bbc player work here ok on that package.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

magentis wrote: »
    Can anyone point me towards the cheapest place for one of these at the mo? I tried some of the links and got nothing or out of stock.I have a parcel motel account.

http://www.offeroftheday.co.uk/search.asp?search=now+tv&x=17&y=14

GY A1 wrote: »
    Will variety pack and bbc player work here ok on that package.

Nope you'll need a smartdns. C4 player works fine though.

Any news on a Now TV 1080 HD box coming out?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

Is this ever going to officially launch in Ireland? I read reports in this thread that they're cancelling RoI accounts. Is that a widespread issue?

No problems here - still going strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭thewintermute

I seem to have lost 4OD off my channel listings on the NowTV box now. Anyone else in the same boat?
    I subscribed to the NowTV entertainment pack a couple of months back, might be related to that. Good value though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

I seem to have lost 4OD off my channel listings on the NowTV box now. Anyone else in the same boat?
    I subscribed to the NowTV entertainment pack a couple of months back, might be related to that. Good value though.

4od has been replaced by all 4 different logo

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Biffoland

I don't know if this has been mentioned already...

I was playing around with my Apple TV today and when I was in the Now TV app on the UK homepage I went to purchase one of the packs. A message came up saying my account was only valid for the Ireland store and I'd be switched to that store. This is the typical message when you try and purchase a service on a different country's homepage. So far so normal. Usually you're sent back to the Ireland homepage if the service isn't available for purchase in Ireland.

This time I was able to make the purchase. A different screen appeared, which offered the movie pack for €12.99 per month. The other packs were: entertainment for €8.99 per month and sports for €8.99 per day.

If for nothing else it's interesting to see the Irish price points for the product and with the current exchange rates these prices are lower than the Sterling prices.

The week of sports isn't available on Apple TV (although is available for purchase through a Now TV account which can be restored through the Apple TV.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭markjh

Thar_Cian wrote: »
    Is this ever going to officially launch in Ireland? I read reports in this thread that they're cancelling RoI accounts. Is that a widespread issue?

Signed up for an account during the week. Subscribed for entertainment package. Worked for a day and then they shut all down on me. Had to contact them three times to get an answer out of them. Eventually they told me that NowTV is not available in ROI. Funnily enough though, as part of the registration, Republic of Ireland is one of only three options for address.

Why do they allow you the register at all if they are going to turn around and cancel?

Advertisement