Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

Sorry for what might be an obvious question, but with the box could I buy the daily sky sports pass only when I need to watch certain rugby games?

Yes you can buy for a day. I think it is around £7 for a day. You could pay an extra £4 for a full week if you wanted to watch something like the U.S. Masters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Just got 2 movies boxes from Argos on Ebay for £9.95 each

• Registered Users Posts: 17,971 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Can you get the sky go app on this?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Can you get the sky go app on this?

Unfortunately not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,248 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Do the day passes work (legally) abroad? I mean without VPN or anything

• Advertisement

Do the day passes work (legally) abroad? I mean without VPN or anything

Nope, but will work with a SmartDNS.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭benji2006

Just got 2 movies boxes from Argos on Ebay for £9.95 each

Can you post a link? all I is see is ones for £30+

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

benji2006 wrote:
    Can you post a link? all I is see is ones for £30+

+1...link pls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I think I got the last 2 available. Its worth keeping an eye out though for more stock.http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Argos

Just ordered a box with 2 months free movies pass for 9.99(10.2 post VAT) GBP on amazon....not in stock but dont mind waiting once in stock....prices dropped from 20 to 10 yesterday !!

Can anyone help me with links for sideloading kodi on this ? Don't want to go through entire thread....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B00MTWG2MC/ref=olp_twister_child?ie=UTF8&mv_size_name=1
    Thanks in advance !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,248 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

tharmor wrote: »
    Just ordered a box with 2 months free movies pass for 9.99(10.2 post VAT) GBP on amazon....not in stock but dont mind waiting once in stock....prices dropped from 20 to 10 yesterday !!

Can anyone help me with links for sideloading kodi on this ? Don't want to go through entire thread....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B00MTWG2MC/ref=olp_twister_child?ie=UTF8&mv_size_name=1
    Thanks in advance !
    You can't unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Amazon has no delivery charge....

If u order above 25

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

What is the current situation with using these in the Republic? I know Sky have been cancelling ROI users accounts.

Can these be used out of the box in ROI without running the risk of Sky cancelling one's account? Is use of a VPN necessary/recommended?

What is the current situation with using these in the Republic? I know Sky have been cancelling ROI users accounts.

Can these be used out of the box in ROI without running the risk of Sky cancelling one's account? Is use of a VPN necessary/recommended?

I have this about a year now without any issue. Debit card used is Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

I have this about a year now without any issue. Debit card used is Irish.

Great! As it stands at the moment do any of the UK catch up services work in ROI? ... BBC iPlayer, ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5?

Great! As it stands at the moment do any of the UK catch up services work in ROI? ... BBC iPlayer, ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5?

Channel 4 will only work here.

If you want the others to work you need to get a SmartDNS service and change the DNS settings in your router.

Everything else works fine though bar ITV Encore.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

hi lads, have a nowtv setup, working fine for the UK stuff - last night i tried on BBC iPLayer to view live streams of Glastonbury, it will play back recorded stuff no bother but for the live streams i get an error B0-1 or BO-1 - anyone come across this before?

thanks

hi lads, have a nowtv setup, working fine for the UK stuff - last night i tried on BBC iPLayer to view live streams of Glastonbury, it will play back recorded stuff no bother but for the live streams i get an error B0-1 or BO-1 - anyone come across this before?

thanks

Try now. Only started.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

cant even see the streams listed now, just past stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭dwasol

Getting a friend to bring one of these back next week. Have an apt with modern TV but no cabling for satellite/cable TV in my room. If I attach this box to the back of the TV here in Eire do I get the sky entertainment package for a few months & what else do I get.

Mine arrived today from Amazon !!

New software looks fab for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

What new software, is there new stuff for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

New software looks fab for it.

It looks fantastic. Much easier to use also.

AdrianII wrote: »
    It looks fantastic. Much easier to use also.

My daughters rubbed it in when I came back from the gym, theres updated first. - so easy to use.

Plex installed.....happy days !!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Ordin73

Had my NowTV Box working for 5 days and there was a problem with my login.
    Rang up and got it re instated ..a problem with my email address apparently.

The day after I got a message stating my pass had expired ..rang up again and was told Sky had cancelled it because I was in the ROI and the service was not available :(

I can still use Plex etc but NOT IMPRESSED!!

Ordin73 wrote:
    The day after I got a message stating my pass had expired ..rang up again and was told Sky had cancelled it because I was in the ROI and the service was not available

Luckily I have existing account with UK debit card linked...working fine so far..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Ordin73 wrote: »
    Had my NowTV Box working for 5 days and there was a problem with my login.
    Rang up and got it re instated ..a problem with my email address apparently.

The day after I got a message stating my pass had expired ..rang up again and was told Sky had cancelled it because I was in the ROI and the service was not available :(

I can still use Plex etc but NOT IMPRESSED!!

Yep the same happened me, seems to be completely hit and miss as to who they cancel and don't.

Advertisement