Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Put Plex on this & it can be useful.... Jesus the Navi X on it is tripe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

8th july 2015 sports day pass free using code NOWTVASHES.....

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

Corholio wrote: »
    Yep the same happened me, seems to be completely hit and miss as to who they cancel and don't.

A good way to avoid this is to have a uk address as your billing address, don't allow the renewal date to bill your credit card, just keep topping the account up with vouchers, you can order 3-6 month vouchers from UK stores eg argos or currys and apply them directly to the account.

Also never tell them you're in ROI, thats how my friend got his cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Amazon Todays Deals at noon will have the NOW TV Smart HD Box Plus 2 Sky Sports Day Pass for £13.99

nava wrote:
    at noon will have the

nava wrote:
    for £13.99

They were selling 2 month movie pass for £9.99 two weeks back...still a good offer IMO...

• Advertisement

Anyone facing issue with slow speed on the nowtv app on box ?? nowtv works fine off chromecast but is struggling on the box !! Other things working grand like iplayer etc...but cant get any shows in even SD on the nowtv app on box...constant buffering !!

tharmor wrote:
    Anyone facing issue with slow speed on the nowtv app on box ?? nowtv works fine off chromecast but is struggling on the box !! Other things working grand like iplayer etc...but cant get any shows in even SD on the nowtv app on box...constant buffering !!

Well its fixed on its own..strange though !!

tharmor wrote:
    Well its fixed on its own..strange though !!

And again the same issue !! Do their servers die every evening ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

tharmor wrote: »
    And again the same issue !! Do their servers die every evening ??

Nope, in the early days it keeled over for things like first episode of game of thrones. Are you using a geographical dodging dns service setup?

moodrater wrote:
    Nope, in the early days it keeled over for things like first episode of game of thrones. Are you using a geographical dodging dns service setup?

Yes using unotelly ! Does that matter ? Other apps work fine....

• Advertisement

tharmor wrote:

Bumping to remind to load this tomorrow !!

Yes using unotelly ! Does that matter ? Other apps work fine....

Chromecast is probably using google 8.8.8.8 dns server and nowtv using unotelly. You don't need unotelly for nowtv so you could try disabling it temporrily to see if thats the issue. Your ISP may have congestion on the unotelly route at that time. You could try a different unotelly server: https://www2.unotelly.com/global-servers?%2Fglobal-servers=

e.g. our ISP has a faster route to france than london.

Anyone else notice that ITV Encore is now working since the new interface was rolled out?

But if i remove it would i not lose bbc iPlayer access ?

i will swap unotelly servers in DNS settings and try....

thanks

You would, but you could try another service like Smartdnsproxy on a 7 day trial for example, if you're not seeing the same issues then its down to your proxy provider.
    But if i remove it would i not lose bbc iPlayer access ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

rogercross wrote: »
    Anyone else notice that ITV Encore is now working since the new interface was rolled out?

My missus will be delighted, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭rochestown

I just applied this pass to my nowtv box and it gave me an option to keep it for later - anyone know if there is an expiration date on this or if needs to be used today? Thanks...

rochestown wrote:
    I just applied this pass to my nowtv box and it gave me an option to keep it for later - anyone know if there is an expiration date on this or if needs to be used today? Thanks...

I would assume it will have tonight's expiration date....but i activated it...not taking any chances :)

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭th283

Confirmation Email from now TV when I used the code says " if team are playing later in the week you can activate your pass at a time that suits you".

th283 wrote:
    Confirmation Email from now TV when I used the code says " if team are playing later in the week you can activate your pass at a time that suits you".

so only for this test ??

• Advertisement

moodrater wrote:
    e.g. our ISP has a faster route to france than london.

did u mean UPC ?

rogercross wrote:
    You would, but you could try another service like Smartdnsproxy on a 7 day trial for example, if you're not seeing the same issues then its down to your proxy provider.

Unotelly it was....using smartdnsproxy now everything is normal....both bbc and nowtv working grand...

Unotelly it was....using smartdnsproxy now everything is normal....both bbc and nowtv working grand...

If you let the demo lapse they will send you a 70% off offer after a week or so.

moodrater wrote:
    If you let the demo lapse they will send you a 70% off offer after a week or so.

Gr8 !! will keep an eye...what are their normal monthly rates ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

I'm currently watching the Clare v Cork hurling match thanks to the free day pass that Sky gave earlier in the week for the Ashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

You can get two days out of the pass by switching to the sports channel of your choice before the 24 hours is up and leave it streaming. As long as you leave it running, you won't be cut off...

Ah glad to hear everything's working for you now.

Very tempted to get one of these when they get released next month:

http://www.engadget.com/2015/06/16/sky-now-tv-august/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

rogercross wrote: »
    Very tempted to get one of these when they get released next month:

http://www.engadget.com/2015/06/16/sky-now-tv-august/

I'll hold off on getting this until it's confirmed that you can sideload Plex onto it. 1080P Plex would be nice.

• Advertisement

bajer101 wrote: »
    I'll hold off on getting this until it's confirmed that you can sideload Plex onto it. 1080P Plex would be nice.

Ah fair enough, I dont use Plex but use NowTV and iPlayer everyday so would be nice to get a slightly more powerful box to run them.

Advertisement