Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Dave..M wrote: »
    Mine went too at 5 yesterday afternoon, checked this morning and the package number is still not recognised on the royal mail system so it didn't make it very far, good old royal mail!

Mine updated there - arrived at the National Distribution Centre about 10 mins ago

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Mine updated there - arrived at the National Distribution Centre about 10 mins ago

Yup, being processed!

Guys (Mods, if it's not ok to speak about such things, can you please delete)

What VPN is best to use the Now TV Box in Ireland. I have Unblock US at the moment, but i'd say that's not much good for accessing UK stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭nthside_cycle

Just wondering did you use a visa or mastercard and did you use parcelmotel as the billing address.
    I order one yesterday and received an email from nowtv to say my nowtv account is blocked and I suspect it due to trying to process this payment.

Just wondering did you use a visa or mastercard and did you use parcelmotel as the billing address.
    I order one yesterday and received an email from nowtv to say my nowtv account is blocked and I suspect it due to trying to process this payment.

I used a Visa Debit.

I also received an email, but i suspect it was a Phishing email, as I have not yet signed up for a Now TV account.

• Advertisement

I'm live chatting with Now TV here at the minute in relation to the email.

Told not to worry about the email. It is a legit email all the same. But I hadn't even signed up for a Now TV Account yet, so there was nothing to cancel!

I assumed they tried to process the payment for the box and it failed and just sent a notification to the email account I used to buy it with.
    Just on the billing address did you use your home address or did you use parcel motel, I used my home address

I assumed they tried to process the payment for the box and it failed and just sent a notification to the email account I used to buy it with.
    Just on the billing address did you use your home address or did you use parcel motel, I used my home address

I used Parcel Motel.

My payment to NOW TV appears in my PTSB account as pending. (The money has been deducted from the balance).

However, sky have confirmed the box is en route, and I can track it through Royal Mail, so there should be no problem (I hope!)

I used Parcel Motel.

My payment to NOW TV appears in my PTSB account as pending. (The money has been deducted from the balance).

However, sky have confirmed the box is en route, and I can track it through Royal Mail, so there should be no problem (I hope!)

Thanks for the info. I will see how this order goes and if nothing comes I just order one next week with a visa debit card.
    Enjoy your box and by the way if are using the SKY content ebay is always good place to get vouchers for the sky services

Thanks for the info. I will see how this order goes and if nothing comes I just order one next week with a visa debit card.
    Enjoy your box and by the way if are using the SKY content ebay is always good place to get vouchers for the sky services

Thanks for that - I must check that out.

I bought a Roku 2 there a little while back, and it had a 3 month Entertainment voucher for Now TV, that i've been dying to put to use!

• Advertisement

I'm live chatting with Now TV here at the minute in relation to the email.

Told not to worry about the email. It is a legit email all the same. But I hadn't even signed up for a Now TV Account yet, so there was nothing to cancel!

Strange I got the same email but my order is also in transit, I used a different email & card to my existing NOWTV account (just in case!!) but I think I may have used my PM address as billing address without thinking so thought maybe my bank bounced the charge today but I called and it's authorised and just pending payment. The email I used has no NOWTV account associated with it so maybe that's why I got the email. Time will tell!

Strange I got the same email but my order is also in transit, I used a different email & card to my existing NOWTV account (just in case!!) but I think I may have used my PM address as billing address without thinking so thought maybe my bank bounced the charge today but I called and it's authorised and just pending payment. The email I used has no NOWTV account associated with it so maybe that's why I got the email. Time will tell!

Ya, I used the Parcel Motel address as the billing address too. Hopefully all will be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 12 B787RW

Did anyone have a problem using an Irish card to buy the box? I have used Nowtv since 2013, I bought the box on Wednesday, and this morning got an email saying my account was de-activated and they were processing a refund.

B787RW wrote: »
    Did anyone have a problem using an Irish card to buy the box? I have used Nowtv since 2013, I bought the box on Wednesday, and this morning got an email saying my account was de-activated and they were processing a refund.

Did you use Parcel Motel?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 B787RW

Did you use Parcel Motel?

Yeah as the delivery address and billing address, don't know wheter it is a coincidence, but I've being using it for nearly 2 years with no problems.

Parcel Motel have received my Now TV box, and it's currently in transit. Just to put some minds at rest!

I know that a vpn or Smart DNS is required to view the likes of ITV and BBC in the box, but do I also require a vpn or smart DNS to access the Now TV content too?

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

I know that a vpn or Smart DNS is required to view the likes of ITV and BBC in the box, but do I also require a vpn or smart DNS to access the Now TV content too?

No, the Nowtv passes are not geo restricted

Parcel Motel have received my Now TV box, and it's currently in transit. Just to put some minds at rest!

Aye, mine also in their depo

Just picked mine up, can't fault Sky, the royal mail or PM, 2.5 days from order to collection, the box looks swish too!

• Advertisement

Just ordered my new box,
    My two old ones have been hit or miss lately.
    Hoping the lan port will make a difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Just got mine today. Seems like great value :)

Just picked mine up, can't fault Sky, the royal mail or PM, 2.5 days from order to collection, the box looks swish too!

How are you finding the box so far mate?

How are you finding the box so far mate?

The menus are much faster than the white boxes, I've had one for two years and one for just over a year and both were very sluggish, in comparison this one zips along, I've never had much issues streaming on either of the old boxes in a long time (touch wood) but I have this one connected via Ethernet. There is an option to output in 1080p but like the Chromecast streaming the content is still 720 so irrelevant. Not tried the USB yet.

Edit: btw it has 5Ghz also which is very useful, it really is a well spec'd piece of kit.

Just got this email
    Your NOW TV account has been deactivated......

Looks like my new box is in parcel motel tho.
    I only ordered it yesterday morning and am not expecting anything else via P motel.

Just got this email
    Your NOW TV account has been deactivated......

Looks like my new box is in parcel motel tho.
    I only ordered it yesterday morning and am not expecting anything else via P motel.

Couple of us got the same email. Means nothing.

I got my box yesterday, activated and have Now TV up and running. Just used a UK address when signing up.

For those that may be wondering, Unblock US works with the Now TV box, but you need to change DNS settings on your router.

I only want it for plex anyways so the account shouldnt matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭johnb25

tallpaul wrote: »
    Another way around the deactivation, is to get the prepaid NowTV cards and use those. Available from most retailers in the North/rest of UK or through eBay.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/tv-dvd-audio/digital-and-smart-tv/smart-tv/now-tv-entertainment-pass-5-month-10078578-pdt.html

etc...

Looks like the Entertainment package from PCW is collect in store only.
    I haven't tried eBay or any other sellers yet.

Advertisement