Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

I've got two unused NowTV boxes that I don't need, OK to stick an ad for them in the thread or should I advertise elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

Cyberboy78 wrote: »
    I have ordered two now TV boxes and gotten two 'your account has been deactivated' messages after each order, after the first message I could still access my account, now when I try it states there is a problem with my account and ring a UK phone number. I have emailed in the hope of not giving the game away and have gotten an "undeliverable" message. Am I snookered and not going to get these boxes? Do they issue refunds when they decide to deactivate accounts? Am I just very unlucky???

What was the number they gave you? I thought NOWTV CS were purely online, if you check the contact us section on their website no phone number is listed so actually you do seem to be lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

So I've had to swap a few times recently between DNS providers, as it would appear if they are doing maintenance etc that I cannot login to NOWTV, it will say wrong username and password even if its correct.

Once i move to another DNS provider then that problem goes away.

Anyone else noticed this, i've been using SmartDNS Proxy and Unotelly.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

Anyone know if I install plex, and my account is deactivated, will plex still work?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Cyberboy78

Dave..M wrote: »
    What was the number they gave you? I thought NOWTV CS were purely online, if you check the contact us section on their website no phone number is listed so actually you do seem to be lucky!

Hi Dave, sorry for the late reply, i'm fairly sporadic in checking postings! The numbers i got were 03442414141 and 03442411280, both Sky numbers. They said the problem I was having was linked to Sky deactivating a Sky account I had, I had never subscribed but had created a basic account with them for more info on sky go etc.. ages ago. Anyways, I think I might have it sorted now, i have regained access to my now tv account. One question I have outstanding, by using a BOI debit card and giving Parcel Motel as a billing address, will that raise a red flag? I have failed in my efforts to buy anything on the Now Tv site up to now, they at first accept the order, email me order numbers and then proceed to cancel the order. Just ordered a box through argos.co.uk. For future buying, will the method I have described work or is there way around?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

meathman0 wrote: »
    Anyone know if I install plex, and my account is deactivated, will plex still work?

mine account got deactivated, but i can still use plex.

Monkeynut wrote: »
    mine account got deactivated, but i can still use plex.

Thanks for reply, have the old box, ordered the new one so once i have plea on it thats ok, not sure if the new one is better for plea haven't seen any reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 dbpackers

I have the old box, works fine. Ordered the new one using Parcel Motel and an Irish Card. Didn't order from within my Now TV account though. Got a mail saying that my account had been cancelled (even though I didn't create an account). I presumed this meant the order had been cancelled and sure enough the cost was credited to my Card (though I lost a little on exchange rate fluctuation).

Have now placed an order via Argos.co.uk using Paypal. Unfortunately the 5x1 Day Sports Passes for £25 deal wasn't available there plus I have to pay an extra £4 Argos delivery charge but if it works .....

dbpackers wrote: »
    I have the old box, works fine. Ordered the new one using Parcel Motel and an Irish Card. Didn't order from within my Now TV account though. Got a mail saying that my account had been cancelled (even though I didn't create an account). I presumed this meant the order had been cancelled and sure enough the cost was credited to my Card (though I lost a little on exchange rate fluctuation).

Have now placed an order via Argos.co.uk using Paypal. Unfortunately the 5x1 Day Sports Passes for £25 deal wasn't available there plus I have to pay an extra £4 Argos delivery charge but if it works .....

Got the same email, account canceled, must mean order as my account still works,was looking at the Argos option, you can use your login on 4 devices 2 at any one time, so you should have no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

BBC iPlayer has stopped working for me. I can access the app, but get an error message whenever I try to access anything.

Everything else works sound though. Now, if only I could find where my 1 yr old has hid the damn remote...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

looks like they blocked my account . trying to get it sorted now!

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    BBC iPlayer has stopped working for me. I can access the app, but get an error message whenever I try to access anything.

Everything else works sound though. Now, if only I could find where my 1 yr old has hid the damn remote...

Try switching to a different DNS provider, sign up for like a 7 or 10 day trial to one of the other services, then power on and off the box and try again.

looks like they blocked my account . trying to get it sorted now!

Did your account details include an irish credit card and irish address?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

rogercross wrote: »
    Try switching to a different DNS provider, sign up for like a 7 or 10 day trial to one of the other services, then power on and off the box and try again.

I left the box powered down for a day, tried again this morning, and it's working fine again.

May have been a problem with Unblock US

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I left the box powered down for a day, tried again this morning, and it's working fine again.

May have been a problem with Unblock US

Cool, i've found that can happen with these services, i have to switch every so often on a temporary basis, another interesting one is that if the DNS provider is having problems or is performing maintenance etc, the nowtv app will tell me my username and password are incorrect when i select it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

rogercross wrote: »
    Did your account details include an irish credit card and irish address?

No address and Irish card.
    After 45 mins trying to sort it the agent had to put me up higher but there was no one available. Due an email in 24-48 hours ;(

No address and Irish card.
    After 45 mins trying to sort it the agent had to put me up higher but there was no one available. Due an email in 24-48 hours ;(

Doh! Hope all works out ok for ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭bromley52

3 months movies for £15 and £10/months there after unless cancelled.

Voucher code: 3MONTH15

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

If I buy a sky sports day pass can I just apply it to the box and watch away or do I need to watch it through a VPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭onform

bromley52 wrote: »
    3 months movies for £15 and £10/months there after unless cancelled.

Voucher code: 3MONTH15

Is there anyway of getting that offer on an existing account, looks like it is only available when creating a new one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Argos UK are selling off the old versions of the Now TV box. I just ordered one purely for the two months movie subscription code. Box itself will be going in the bin (less the HDMI cable and batteries) as I have two old ones already...

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Noworries!

I'll buy it tall Paul! Not sure how to pm...

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

meathman0 wrote: »
    Thanks for reply, have the old box, ordered the new one so once i have plea on it thats ok, not sure if the new one is better for plea haven't seen any reviews.

New box is way better than old one. Everything loads a lot faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

tallpaul wrote:
    Argos UK are selling off the old versions of the Now TV box. I just ordered one purely for the two months movie subscription code. Box itself will be going in the bin (less the HDMI cable and batteries) as I have two old ones already...

Paul I will also happily take the lot too! If the other falls through, PM me! If you're selling at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

Ordered a new one at the weekend and received notification that it was on its way - Royal mail advice email.
    then received email from Nowtv that my account had been deactivated. I Have 3 of the original boxes.
    Does this mean the new box won't be shipped?
    Credit card has been charged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭dbit

Would it not run Kodi ? free tv and movies and all that good stuff with Genisis plugin/ repository ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

dbit wrote: »
    Would it not run Kodi ? free tv and movies and all that good stuff with Genisis plugin/ repository?

No. It doesn't have the capability and Kodi would need to be totally rebuilt for it to work and even then I don't think it will work.

New box is way better than old one. Everything loads a lot faster.

They canceled my order, Argos looks like the best way to get one now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭dbit

No. It doesn't have the capability and Kodi would need to be totally rebuilt for it to work and even then I don't think it will work.

Why not?, it should be able to run a tiny linux shell and xbmc/kodi can run on pretty much any OS out there , why would you think that ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

dbit wrote: »
    Why not?, it should be able to run a tiny linux shell and xbmc/kodi can run on pretty much any OS out there , why would you think that ?

Try googling kodi on roku and you'll find out.

Advertisement