Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

I know way more people are following this thread so here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B013SGATVC

Also, could I buy two, and activate the second box later in the year and then start the 6 months fresh, 6 months from now?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Lightning deal, new black box, £9.99 with 2 months movies pass, or else a 2 day sports pass.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B013SGATVC

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Morby

Thanks! Just ordered one!

Was going to order two, but it wouldn't let me - can you only buy one of each lightning deal at a time anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Lightning deal, new black box, £9.99 with 2 months movies pass, or else a 2 day sports pass.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B013SGATVC

There was also the option to purchase the box with 3 months Entertainment pass. I went with that one. Happy out I get to upgrade my Now TV box. I would have been buying the Entertainment pass anyway.

There was also the option to purchase the box with 3 months Entertainment pass. I went with that one. Happy out I get to upgrade my Now TV box. I would have been buying the Entertainment pass anyway.

Yeah that's the one I got earlier. Just by the time I posted, it was gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Jaketherake

Whats better about the new model than the old model?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Whats better about the new model than the old model?
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Now+TV+v1+vs+v2&l=1#

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭dwasol

got the box from the UK, Registered & signed up for a movie trial for 10 days , happy wih that but it won't run BBC, ANY IDEA WHO TO DEAL WITH & WHAT TO SAT
    ALSO WHAT IS THIS PLEX AND WHAT EXTRA DOES IT GIVE YOU

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

dwasol wrote: »
    got the box from the UK, Registered & signed up for a movie trial for 10 days , happy wih that but it won't run BBC, ANY IDEA WHO TO DEAL WITH & WHAT TO SAT
    ALSO WHAT IS THIS PLEX AND WHAT EXTRA DOES IT GIVE YOU

LORD ABOVE, THE SHOUTS

BBC won't work here without a vpn or changing DNS settings on your router.

Plex has been explained on here a million times over. It's a media server that lives on your computer and streams content to the Now TV box

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭nthside_cycle

BBC,ITV and 5on Demand don't work in Ireland, but like everything a google will help you find a way of doing it
    Plex allows you to stream content from a plex server on PC or NAS drive. So you could have some movies on the PC install plex server there and you can watch them on your NOWTC box
    Also there is a media player that can also be sideloaded allows to play content via a USB drive connected to the NowTV box. See message 35 in the link http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box-black/The-new-nowtv-box-when-please/td-p/314500/page/4 it has the zip file need to sideload the media player.

By the way you can only sideload one app so if you want Plex you can't sideload the mediaplayer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭dwasol

BBC,ITV and 5on Demand don't work in Ireland, but like everything a google will help you find a way of doing it
    Plex allows you to stream content from a plex server on PC or NAS drive. So you could have some movies on the PC install plex server there and you can watch them on your NOWTC box
    Also there is a media player that can also be sideloaded allows to play content via a USB drive connected to the NowTV box. See message 35 in the link http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box-black/The-new-nowtv-box-when-please/td-p/314500/page/4 it has the zip file need to sideload the media player.

By the way you can only sideload one app so if you want Plex you can't sideload the mediaplayer

thanks for that & apologies for shouting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

:
    dwasol wrote: »
    thanks for that & apologies for shouting.

I'm only messing with ya about the shouting!:):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I bought the new Now TV Box this week from Amazon and when I set it up it wont connect to the network.

Its finding the internet connection but when I go to enter my password it cant find the network.

I tried on my a wired and wi-fi connection.
    I'm using an Eir F2000

Any ideas/suggestions appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

No personal sales allowed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

I bought the new Now TV Box this week from Amazon and when I set it up it wont connect to the network.

Its finding the internet connection but when I go to enter my password it cant find the network.

I tried on my a wired and wi-fi connection.
    I'm using an Eir F2000

Any ideas/suggestions appreciated.

Is it set to wpa2-psk and aes?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭nthside_cycle

I had a similar issue once and was related to some port block on my router.
    The solution I done was set-up a hotspot on my phone, logon on to that Wi-fi from the now TV box and register and then on the nowTV box I switched back to my home wifi and had no issue streaming after the intial setup, seem the problem was just when trying to register the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Sorry if its already been answered as its a long thread but I see I can order the Now TV box directly from amazon.co.uk to Ireland. Is that ok in terms of using the box or does it lead to complications (outside of using overplay etc to register it)? Does the delivery address need to be UK ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Sorry if its already been answered as its a long thread but I see I can order the Now TV box directly from amazon.co.uk to Ireland. Is that ok in terms of using the box or does it lead to complications (outside of using overplay etc to register it)? Does the delivery address need to be UK ?

You don't need any VPN or smartdns services for Now TV & 4player to work, I bought my 2 boxes on EBay over a year ago & never had any problems with my account.

Smartdns on your router will open ITV & BBC players but I find when using the picture quality is nowhere near as good as it should be.

Set up a now tv account before they come and you should have no issues.

Is it set to wpa2-psk and aes?

OK got it...checked my laptop..couldnt find it on the f2000 interface

WPA2 - Personal
    AES

Just to add..it works find on my original box but not on replacements. Found the same problem with a new v1 box but now want to install the new version of the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

The Now TV service was down last night for users of NowTV boxes. Now working again.

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Service-Status/NOW-TV-Box-not-currently-working/m-p/339690#U339690

• Advertisement

givecredit wrote: »
    The Now TV service was down last night for users of NowTV boxes. Now working again.

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Service-Status/NOW-TV-Box-not-currently-working/m-p/339690#U339690
    Thanks , that may have been my problem. Will try again later.

Tried again and all I can say is "WOW"

The HD is brilliant.
    there is also a BBC sports App. Its not working for me but it may just need a DNS jobbie done on it. EDIT: Some of it works!

Now to activate my 4 months movies :)

It had 20 updates so a lot went on including a new "warp drive" ....I kid you not :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Tried again and all I can say is "WOW"

The HD is brilliant.
    there is also a BBC sports App. Its not working for me but it may just need a DNS jobbie done on it. EDIT: Some of it works!

Now to activate my 4 months movies :)

It had 20 updates so a lot went on including a new "warp drive" ....I kid you not :)

Great service it is :)

I have it on Apple TV too, exceptional stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I got my box yesterday . Set up now tv account sideloaded plex onto it was working fine last night.

Today i got an email from them saying "
    Your NOW TV account has been deactivated. This may have occurred for a number of reasons, including the following:

1. You have exceeded the maximum number of unsuccessful log-in attempts and, like a bank card, we have deactivated the account for security reasons.
    2. You have requested NOW TV to close your account."

I won't ever use this for anything else bar plex but will I still be able to get into plex or if the nowtv account is deactivated is the box useless?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    I got my box yesterday . Set up now tv account sideloaded plex onto it was working fine last night.

Your NOW TV account has been deactivated. This may have occurred for a number of reasons, including the following:

1. You have exceeded the maximum number of unsuccessful log-in attempts and, like a bank card, we have deactivated the account for security reasons.

I won't ever use this for anything else bar plex but will I still be able to get into plex or if the nowtv account is deactivated is the box useless?

This wont effect Plex you will be still be able to use the NOWTV

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

Lucas Hood wrote: »

When you signed up did you put an Irish credit card and Irish home address in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Check your emails:

’Tis the season for giving. So we’re treating you to a 14 day trial of our Sky Movies Month Pass. As well as the latest blockbusters and Christmas classics, you’ll get:

Over 1000 movies on demand
    Up to 4 premieres a week
    11 live Sky Movies channels

There’s no contract and when your free trial ends, the movies keep rolling at £9.99 a month. Or simply cancel anytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

Got the new version of the box yesterday evening, going to be giving it to my brother so he can watch the iPlayer on his tv, managed to sideload the media player as well, tested a handful of files on a USB drive, seemed to work well.

I know theres limitations, don't think it works with AC3 audio or the old .avi videos, but a handful of 1080p mkv tv downloads worked great on it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mr McBoatface

Boxes with 6 month entertainment or 4 month movie pass now £19.99 on amazon at the moment.

Bought the 3mth entertainment and 2 month movie pass for £9.99 are few weeks ago and set it up at home, using the trial period before applying the pass. Impressive little box and content for the money. Between this and my HTPC with freesat/saorview can't ever see the need for subscription TV again.

When i get time im going update my HTPC to get the nowtv windows 10 app running along side mediaportal. The boxes will be used on the secondary tv's .

Some LG TV's do freesat/saoirview and nowtv without the need for any external box.... nice setup

Advertisement