Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

jobyrne30 wrote: »
    Boxes with 6 month entertainment or 4 month movie pass now £19.99 on amazon at the moment.

Bought the 3mth entertainment and 2 month movie pass for £9.99 are few weeks ago and set it up at home, using the trial period before applying the pass. Impressive little box and content for the money. Between this and my HTPC with freesat/saorview can't ever see the need for subscription TV again.

When i get time im going update my HTPC to get the nowtv windows 10 app running along side mediaportal. The boxes will be used on the secondary tv's .

Some LG TV's do freesat/saoirview and nowtv without the need for any external box.... nice setup

They're lovely boxes, I have the Roku 3 for myself and the new boxes are basically the Roku 3 minus Netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 7,248 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Is there any market for selling on the passes you get with the box? I have a 3 month entertainment pass I will never use, got the box for something more dodgy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Is there any market for selling on the passes you get with the box? I have a 3 month entertainment pass I will never use, got the box for something more dodgy

adverts.ie / donedeal

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭white_westie

Picked up a black one from amazon last week and now need to create an account.
    I see that Ireland is accepted in the address details but also see people getting the account suspended email, so was wondering what's the best option to try and stop this happening (I do want to use the box for iplayer etc and will buy vouchers to keep channels active).
    Will have to use an Irish CC so all I can change is the billing address (say to PM in antrim!) and/or use a vpn.
    Can currently get iplayer using xxxx so no issues with that - did plug in box and it updated no problems without changing anything.
    Suggestions welcome....
    WW

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Picked up a black one from amazon last week and now need to create an account.
    I see that Ireland is accepted in the address details but also see people getting the account suspended email, so was wondering what's the best option to try and stop this happening (I do want to use the box for iplayer etc and will buy vouchers to keep channels active).
    Will have to use an Irish CC so all I can change is the billing address (say to PM in antrim!) and/or use a vpn.
    Can currently get iplayer using xxxx so no issues with that - did plug in box and it updated no problems without changing anything.
    Suggestions welcome....
    WW

Same as you. Tried to set up an account, but for some reason it wouldnt let me. Then I signed in with an old account I had and got in. No problem giving Irish card details and got the 3 months Entertainment pack. Only downside is the no. of channels you get with that Pass is miserly. I use only Sky Sports News and Sky News. I got a version of Plex on it, which opens up a bigger choice of apps and if you google "iptv for Plex",or "iptv for Roku" then the possibilities are virtually endless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Colm2015

do you need to set your account for an irish address as you need a uk credit card

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭postsnthing

jobyrne30 wrote: »
    Boxes with 6 month entertainment or 4 month movie pass now £19.99 on amazon at the moment.

Any links for this cant find it anywhere, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Any links for this cant find it anywhere, cheers

More than likely a lightning deal that's over now.

They have the box with 2 months movies or 3 months entertainment for £14.99 if any use to ya: http://www.amazon.co.uk/NOW-TV-Month-Movies-Pass/dp/B013SGAU8E/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1450039068&sr=8-4&keywords=now+tv

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭gussieg

got this via parcel wizard and Amazon, with 3 months entertainment pass and 2 week movie pass free just enjoying Elf now .... . well happy with it, after 2 years thinking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭boccy23

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

can u put any google apps on this box
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kyleboy

GY A1 wrote: »
    can u put any google apps on this box
    cheers

Sideload plex on to the box is the best move

Aw nowtv what are ye at?
    I got the your account has been deactivated email today, wtf, how do you get through to them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

gussieg wrote: »
    Aw nowtv what are ye at?
    I got the your account has been deactivated email today, wtf, how do you get through to them ?

Your account presumably has an irish home address on it yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭JohnnyRoyal

Hey,

Anyone know if you can sideload the Netflix app as the extra app and how stable/good is it?

Hey,

Anyone know if you can sideload the Netflix app as the extra app and how stable/good is it?

No mate sky have it blocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Aw nowtv what are ye at?

If you used an Irish card or address they are now a lot tougher to deal with and are unlikely to reactivate your account once they spot it.

But you can give it a go anyway

http://help.nowtv.com/article/How-to-contact-us

Duh, now I know why I didn't get one before. Still got to watch a few movies .

Duh, now I know why I didn't get one before. Still got to watch a few movies .

Ahhh and i took the leap after seeing your post yesterday on how well it was working for you !
    Do you know what you did wrong so i can possibly avoid it ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I just updated my details to be my Parcel Motel N.I address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭smokybacon

Morning experts,

Got new model nowTV recently - could login to online account then stopped allowing me.
    Cant even log in to change address to Parcel Motel. Threw me out, asks me to ring a phonenumber! Got the cancel emails originally when cancelled.
    1.Do I need to set up again - (I have other email addresses)? Is it because bank cancelled payment? (bank said they actually take 14cent if you cancel).
    2.Why does it ask UK? Channel Isl? ROI? on setup ..... if they dont allow u to use it in ROI?
    3.Assuming i get it going do i just save USA-network.bundle from plex on the USB and stick into the new box?

To many questions for this early?
    Appreciate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mr McBoatface

Not an expert by any means but what I done was

(1) Set up NowTV account via PC and not the NowTVbox
    (2) Use a Northern Ireland address as payment address.... Used a random address in NI, didn't use a Parcel Motel address just incase they cop on to the amount of accounts registered at the one location.
    (3) Waited 24 hours before setting up the nowtv box (just incase the account was cancelled)
    (4) Set up the box and used the remainder of the trial period before applying the voucher/pass.

I imagine Sky plan to role out NowTV in the Republic of Ireland as the Billing address is set up for it. I'd say there are some legal/right issues they have to Iron out first. Until then use a NI address.....

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭dwasol

I signed up with UK address but can only get morev4. Bbc + itv i playrr wont play due to temporary problems

Anyone got any ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

dwasol wrote: »
    I signed up with UK address but can only get morev4. Bbc + itv i playrr wont play due to temporary problems

Anyone got any ideas

You will need a DNS proxy or VPN set to UK to watch those as they are region locked.

dwasol wrote: »

Anyone got any ideas

Can't get them, they will be blocked by your ip address

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

£15.99 on amazon with 4 months movies - lightening deal almost over

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B016WGF8FC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

bajer101 wrote: »
    You will need a DNS proxy or VPN set to UK to watch those as they are region locked.

Having done the rounds of dns suppliers I'm back to unotelly, its about 1/3 more expensive than the next best but noone can beat it for reliability. BBC are actively trying to block the smart dns services unotelly seem to be a step ahead whereas the other services were up and down since October.

£15.99 on amazon with 4 months movies - lightening deal almost over

Just made it in there thank you ! I've 2 of these on the way to me now fingers crossed no issues with now tv account

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Pinkman

Got one of these on Black Friday for a tenner on Amazon with the Entertainment pack for 3 months. I assumed it had BBC Player, ITV Player etc which I don't get with Sky but it doesn't. Can't even change the dns with Unotelly which I have as it's a roku product. I already have Sky so having Sky Atlantic etc content on demand means nothing to me. I assume getting Plex on it is a big rigmarole?

What am I missing? It is primarily for people who don't have Sky?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Pinkman wrote: »
    Got one of these on Black Friday for a tenner on Amazon with the Entertainment pack for 3 months. I assumed it had BBC Player, ITV Player etc which I don't get with Sky but it doesn't. Can't even change the dns with Unotelly which I have as it's a roku product. I already have Sky so having Sky Atlantic etc content on demand means nothing to me. I assume getting Plex on it is a big rigmarole?

What am I missing? It is primarily for people who don't have Sky?

It's got iPlayer, 4OD, ITV player, and channel 5's player too, if you register it with a UK postcode. Working fine here with all of the above (unotelly handling IP spoofing).

Advertisement