Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Without reading over 100 pages,is it possible to run Kodi/Openelec on one of these?

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

Quick question, I want to give a family member my spare NowTV box, I don't want to leave it attached to my account so if I factory wipe it and get them to sign up a trial with their own credit card to activate the box, it will almost definitely be cancelled within a few days as it'll be an irish credit card however will the box stay activated for them so they can use the other apps even with a deactivated nowtv account?

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭junglecliff

is changing dns directly on this box possible?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

is changing dns directly on this box possible?

u have to change it in your router...

Do the boxes remain activated when NowTv cancels an Irish account?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

rogercross wrote: »

Yep. Its a Roku 3 in reality and you can get apps from Roku. If you can get a version of Plex on it, then it opens up a bigger choice altogether. Google iptv for Plex.

tharmor wrote: »
    u have to change it in your router...

cant with virgin unfortunately :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Which modem?

Which modem?

new one hub3.0

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭white_westie

rogercross wrote: »
    Yep. Its a Roku 3 in reality and you can get apps from Roku. If you can get a version of Plex on it, then it opens up a bigger choice altogether. Google iptv for Plex.

Slightly different version of this question - can you still use the box with the tv catch up apps (eg: bbc iplayer) when NowTv cancels an Irish account?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

I can Cliff.

Do you need an active nowtv account to keep the catchup tv apps working after initial setup?
    ie: assuming you sign up initially, get things working, and then they cancel you due to irish address

Do you need an active nowtv account to keep the catchup tv apps working after initial setup?
    ie: assuming you sign up initially, get things working, and then they cancel you due to irish address

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

All the catch up apps work even if you don't have a current subscription to Now TV.

Thks for info - have one just never signed up for account to use it.
    Will probably buy a 1day sports pass instead of signup and cancel a entertainment/movie trial

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

I can Cliff.

How did you change DNS on the hub 3 modem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

How did you change DNS on the hub 3 modem?

Have a techicolor on Virgin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

From reading most of the thread it seems that recently a few Irish accounts have been closed down.

I intend to buy the box and some passes but not through their site, so if i sign up with an Irish card using Parcel Motel as billing address will that work for registration purposes?

Thanks in advance

NATLOR wrote: »
    From reading most of the thread it seems that recently a few Irish accounts have been closed down.

I intend to buy the box and some passes but not through their site, so if i sign up with an Irish card using Parcel Motel as billing address will that work for registration purposes?

Thanks in advance

Getting the box and passes elsewhere should help as the only time I've gotten cancellation alerts was when i upgraded or acquired a box directly from their site, since then I've gotten 2 more from Amazon, added them to my account and nothing bad happened.

I've parcel motel as my billing address, a few friends of mine have all their Irish details on the account still and sky haven't touched them.

But what we do have in common is we buy the passes (entertainment,movies or sports) through a different site and then apply them to our accounts so there's zero activity from the Irish credit card on the sky account.

Slightly separate but also be wary of contacting their live chat technical people if you have an issue, on some occasions depending on the level of support you need the person they put you onto can detect where the box has been running e.g Republic of Ireland. Make sure to use a DNS service like (smartdnsproxy or unotelly to hide from that) I use smartdnsproxy and when the guy tried to catch me out by checking where the box was it showed as being run in Chicago, told him I was running a DNS for Netflix and no I wasn't turning it off lol.

Thanks for that,will give it a go.

Wonder how Littlewoods Ireland are getting away with selling them :confused:

• Advertisement

NATLOR wrote: »
    Thanks for that,will give it a go.

Wonder how Littlewoods Ireland are getting away with selling them :confused:

Huh I'm also surprised at that, first Irish site I've seen selling them.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Looks a good deal to me.

NOW TV box and 6 months Entertainment pass for £18.99\€24

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B016WGF8FC/?tag=ho01f-21

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Looks a good deal to me.

NOW TV box and 6 months Entertainment pass for £18.99\€24

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B016WGF8FC/?tag=ho01f-21

The older box with 2 sports day passes £12.95 delivered, at ShopTo

LINK

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭postsnthing

What is generally the best place to buy passes?
    Is it best to buy the boxes on offer from Amazon at the moment for £18.99 with 6 months entertainment or 4 months Movies

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

What is generally the best place to buy passes?
    Is it best to buy the boxes on offer from Amazon at the moment for £18.99 with 6 months entertainment or 4 months Movies

Why not buy both, it's very cheap for the passes alone and the boxes are the best way to watch NOWTV. Game UK sell digital passes that they email to you, not used them yet myself so not sure if a UK CC address is required to purchase (maybe someone else can confirm)

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭postsnthing

Dave..M wrote: »
    Why not buy both, it's very cheap for the passes alone and the boxes are the best way to watch NOWTV. Game UK sell digital passes that they email to you, not used them yet myself so not sure if a UK CC address is required to purchase (maybe someone else can confirm)

I have the new boxes which are great but there are even newer ones due out soon ! So i dont actually need the box but seems to be a decent enough price even for the passes alone. Was just wondering if anyone knew of cheaper anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

I have the new boxes which are great but there are even newer ones due out soon ! So i dont actually need the box but seems to be a decent enough price even for the passes alone. Was just wondering if anyone knew of cheaper anywhere.

Aye, i have 5 boxes currently, 3 blacks, in my humble experience the best value for cheap vouchers is usually with the box deals (and this is a good one) or from half price offers when cancelling

Just wondering is there any posters here, or do you know of anyone who has signed up to NowTV in the last few weeks who is Irish based. Have tried myself but getting nowhere. Have created multiple accounts at this stage, but all fail to complete when I try and add my payment details, so box is useless:(
    Have tried numerous billing address options with/without using a vpn.
    Be careful what you say as mods not happy with discussing circumventing geo restrictions;), but if you have concrete proof of a working solution I would appreciate it (even by pm)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Just wondering is there any posters here, or do you know of anyone who has signed up to NowTV in the last few weeks who is Irish based. Have tried myself but getting nowhere. Have created multiple accounts at this stage, but all fail to complete when I try and add my payment details, so box is useless:(
    Have tried numerous billing address options with/without using a vpn.
    Be careful what you say as mods not happy with discussing circumventing geo restrictions;), but if you have concrete proof of a working solution I would appreciate it (even by pm)
    Edited opppps sorry I was using a vpn for mine.

Advertisement