Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭canhefixit

With these boxes do they let you stream from your phone to the box?

These turn telly into a smart telly then were you can use google, you tube etc via the telly? am i on the right lines

I havent a balls how they work but from sounds of them they seem good for all they cost

These turn telly into a smart telly then were you can use google, you tube etc via the telly? am i on the right lines

I havent a balls how they work but from sounds of them they seem good for all they cost

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

canhefixit wrote: »

My phone (Sony Xperia) does pick up the box when I'm browsing youtube on the phone and allows me to send it to the tv to play. Don't know what phones do and don't do this, I think the Youtube app offers this option for most. Found it out accidentally one day when I was browsing videos and it popped up 'Roku device in range etc'

Corholio wrote: »
    My phone (Sony Xperia) does pick up the box when I'm browsing youtube on the phone and allows me to send it to the tv to play. Don't know what phones do and don't do this, I think the Youtube app offers this option for most. Found it out accidentally one day when I was browsing videos and it popped up 'Roku device in range etc'

Ah ok, a mate has a wee sky streaming box and he can air play anything he plays on his phone or tablet, i was just thinking be cool to be able to do that and if ya can do it with this boxes id just one

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Got a free movies pass for month in E-Mail ! Worth checking your emails ;) !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

I would like to update my card payment details so that payment comes from my Revolut debit card (no FX fee). However I'm concerned that doing this might highlight my account and increase the chance of my account being cancelled.

Anyone any experience of doing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I would like to update my card payment details so that payment comes from my Revolut debit card (no FX fee). However I'm concerned that doing this might highlight my account and increase the chance of my account being cancelled.

Anyone any experience of doing this?

I updated my address a couple of months ago to be a UK based address and all's still fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

tharmor wrote: »
    Got a free movies pass for month in E-Mail ! Worth checking your emails ;) !

Doh, none for me, booo :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭white_westie

rogercross wrote: »
    I did this for someone last night and yes I can also confirm now that the visa debit does work.

Well don't work for me:(
    Tried with/without vpn, real address/uk address, different email/username and lastly different isp.
    Just keep getting the 'problem with your ...... message':confused:

Also am I right in assuming you cannot switch the box into developer mode without first logging into nowtv?

:confused:

Also am I right in assuming you cannot switch the box into developer mode without first logging into nowtv?

Throwing box out of window now :mad:
    Can access all other secret menus EXCEPT developers - not sure if blocked in firmware now (multiple factory resets and still no change)

• Advertisement

Well don't work for me:(
    Tried with/without vpn, real address/uk address, different email/username and lastly different isp.
    Just keep getting the 'problem with your ...... message':confused:

Yea unless they've changed it you need to activate the box first before being able to basically do anything with it, sorry to hear you're still having issues, which bank is your visa debit card from?

Yea unless they've changed it you need to activate the box first before being able to basically do anything with it, sorry to hear you're still having issues, which bank is your visa debit card from?

Weird can access all published hidden menus except developers - ah well:mad:
    Visa Debit card is from BOI - not sure if my cards are blacklisted now or it's to do with ip addresses. Also not really interested in going down the REVOLT card option as I don't see a use for it for myself

Basically people should be wary of buying these boxes now if they don't already have a nowtv account as it nearly getting impossible to set up a new one if based in Ireland.:cool:

Weird can access all published hidden menus except developers - ah well:mad:
    Visa Debit card is from BOI - not sure if my cards are blacklisted now or it's to do with ip addresses. Also not really interested in going down the REVOLT card option as I don't see a use for it for myself

Basically people should be wary of buying these boxes now if they don't already have a nowtv account as it nearly getting impossible to set up a new one if based in Ireland.:cool:

One last try and it worked - used a mobile fone hotspot instead to sign up!!!!!
    Had tried VM, vpn over VM and also business isp.

Anyway still working so will see what happens - cancelled my entertainment trial, but currently watching.
    Got ITV and BBC players working ......

Only problem is I put in an odd email address and have changed it since, but it says you need to contact them to actually get it changed - should I or not?

BTW Thks for all help

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

One last try and it worked - used a mobile fone hotspot instead to sign up!!!!!
    Had tried VM, vpn over VM and also business isp.

Anyway still working so will see what happens - cancelled my entertainment trial, but currently watching.
    Got ITV and BBC players working ......

Only problem is I put in an odd email address and have changed it since, but it says you need to contact them to actually get it changed - should I or not?

BTW Thks for all help

Its your login so I wouldn't bother so long as you can access the email account but realistically even if you couldn't for any reason they rarely send anything other than junk to it but you obviously don't want a bogus email address or someone else's if you plan to use it for NOWTV proper which you may want to do as its a great product.

Been using the TVPlayer app now for few days with several updates released since I originally got it, working very well so far, few small bugs but nothing major seen so far.

How's everyone else finding it to use?

Been using the TVPlayer app now for few days with several updates released since I originally got it, working very well so far, few small bugs but nothing major seen so far.

How's everyone else finding it to use?

Since my now tv box is still working (thks to all for suggestions) - account not cancelled yet, I loaded up the app yesterday (v1.80) and seems to be working fine.
    When i tried earlier this evening got an error 19 msg about unable to cache epg and it just hung - was on channel screen not now/next so no channel picons loaded. Working now okay so assume it was a temp glitch.

Since my now tv box is still working (thks to all for suggestions) - account not cancelled yet, I loaded up the app yesterday (v1.80) and seems to be working fine.
    When i tried earlier this evening got an error 19 msg about unable to cache epg and it just hung - was on channel screen not now/next so no channel picons loaded. Working now okay so assume it was a temp glitch.

Cool, 1.8.1.1 is the newest version, maybe it's fixed in that, the app developer has said the service drops every now and then but with each update seems to be stabilizing the app as much as possible without being the owner of the streaming site

Cool, 1.8.1.1 is the newest version, maybe it's fixed in that, the app developer has said the service drops every now and then but with each update seems to be stabilizing the app as much as possible without being the owner of the streaming site

That must be only on the roku - its still at 1.80 for the zip for sideloading, or am Imissin something?

That must be only on the roku - its still at 1.80 for the zip for sideloading, or am Imissin something?

Try this:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B787MtHYmgPnREF5TXZmaTJ4bWs

Thks - is there somewhere you can track the updates?
    Dev not updating link in blog

• Advertisement

Thks - is there somewhere you can track the updates?
    Dev not updating link in blog

I actually took that link from the blog.

I actually took that link from the blog.
    :o going blind - just checked blog again (thought I updated page....)

:o going blind - just checked blog again (thought I updated page....)

No worries -:)

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

Old white Box was gathering dust. Installed R to player and it has a new lease of life in the spare room. So far so good no complaints

Old white Box was gathering dust. Installed R to player and it has a new lease of life in the spare room. So far so good no complaints

Cool! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Only got rid of paying for this sub then this app comes along.

World class app the tvplayer is - brilliant

Only got rid of paying for this sub then this app comes along.

World class app the tvplayer is - brilliant

It is, working great so far, as a few have pointed out online its a shame the tvplayer site doesn't include E4. Nothing to do with the app of course which just taps into the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

It is, working great so far, as a few have pointed out online its a shame the tvplayer site doesn't include E4. Nothing to do with the app of course which just taps into the site.
    Dave being there is absolutely brilliant.

My app has lost the channel idents when I open it now. Still working when I guess the channel and can use my up and down arrows to change still though.

Better than nothing

Dave being there is absolutely brilliant.

My app has lost the channel idents when I open it now. Still working when I guess the channel and can use my up and down arrows to change still though.

Better than nothing

You're running version 1.8.11 yea?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

I wish someone could make an instructional video how to side load the file and get the TVs app working, my head is melted trying to get this on the White box :(

Advertisement