Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I wish someone could make an instructional video how to side load the file and get the TVs app working, my head is melted trying to get this on the White box :(

Just Google "NowTV sideload app". It really is very simple. There was a YouTube video showing how to do it with Plex, same instructions just install the new app instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I wish someone could make an instructional video how to side load the file and get the TVs app working, my head is melted trying to get this on the White box :(

http://www.engadget.com/2014/04/08/sky-now-tv-plex/

This is the one I used. It's relatively simple once you download the zip file first.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

I have plex installed past two years but never used plex.

Tonight I googled I followed instructions and went as far as choosing the zip file from a PCs and telling it to trasfer over to the box.

Does box have to permanently stay in developer mode to work?

Do I find the to app only within plex?

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

Yippee got it working, reason mine was cracking me up was because of a crap internet connection.

Switched to another pc and worked instant :)

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

Yippee got it working, reason mine was cracking me up was because of a crap internet connection.

Switched to another pc and worked instant :)

Cool, you can also do this via a smartphone browser too, I set my friends one up using a Nexus 5 and Chrome. Something like 5 seconds later done :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

rogercross wrote: »
    Came across this article online,

Looks like a really cool app for playing UK Free To Air Live Tv channels through the NowTv boxes, gonna give it a test run this weekend.

http://blog.artesea.co.uk/2016/01/tvplayer-on-roku-or-now-tv.html

What is the max number of apps you are able to sideload on the NowTv?. Is it just the 1?. Its just that i have one already and this would be good but i think i remember someone saying before 1 is the max for side loading?

califano wrote: »
    What is the max number of apps you are able to sideload on the NowTv?. Is it just the 1?. Its just that i have one already and this would be good but i think i remember someone saying before 1 is the max for side loading?

Its 1 unfortunately, same goes for the more expensive Roku boxes too which the NowTV's are based on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Sorry to interrupt the techno-nerdiness with an actual bargain, but Amazon have the Now box with 6 months entertainment pass (or 4 months of movies) for only £25/€35:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/NOW-TV-Month-Entertainment-Pass/dp/B016WGF9O2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1455919108&sr=8-1&keywords=now+tv
    and it qualifies for free delivery.

Considering the regular subscription is £7/€10 per month, well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

AANOWCQ3QYNH one month trial for sky movies, expires today, not sure if it is account locked but feel free to try it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Must only be for one use. Tried it there and it didn't work. Thanks for sharing though.

Didn't use it myself but maybe someone else for there before you :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 xfahmix

Sorry to interrupt the techno-nerdiness with an actual bargain, but Amazon have the Now box with 6 months entertainment pass (or 4 months of movies) for only £25/€35

Considering the regular subscription is £7/€10 per month, well worth it.

Does the subscription works in Republic of Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,248 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I have a box sitting around that I never used, want to install this TVPlayer app. Can I just turn on and sideload or is it a case of setting up a Now TV account first
    ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

xfahmix wrote: »
    Does the subscription works in Republic of Ireland?

Yes and no. Some people have no issues, others have seen their accounts cancelled. Technically it's UK only but mine is OK. Been using it via chromecast and it's great.

I have a box sitting around that I never used, want to install this TVPlayer app. Can I just turn on and sideload or is it a case of setting up a Now TV account first
    ?

You need to sign up for a trial with NowTv which will allow you to login on the box to activate it, immediately cancel the subscription once signed up same as you would with a Netflix trial.

If using all Irish details (address, visa debit card) you'll probably get a cancellation email in a few days anyway but the box will remain activated as long as you don't factory reset it.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭JohnnyRoyal

Hi,

Wow what a thread, circa 5 nowtv boxes later I'm still looking at it. Also liking this TVplayer app too adds new dimension. Any ways quick Q, am heading to Spain for week or two and wondering if any reason the box would not work in Spain for 1) Nowtv app itself and 2) the TVplayer app? Would I need to do a bit of VPN jiggery pokery? Also am still on Irish credit card payment but using the vouchers , could using it it Spain flag something on my account that would draw unwanted attention?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Always found the white box slow. The TVplayer is interesting. its working on mine but the menu is cut off as if its in the wrong Resolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Anyone tell me if their box is working at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Delboy5 wrote: »

Perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Yup. Mines fine too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Mine too and so is the wife's!

Cheers for the updates, i still cant get logged into my Now tv box, it keeps rejecting the username\password.....

However i can login to Nowtv website on my phone network using the same credentials....wonder if my ISP is blocking it for some reason (Vodafone).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

However i can login to Nowtv website on my phone network using the same credentials....wonder if my ISP is blocking it for some reason (Vodafone).

Mine works fine with Vodafone BB.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Mine works fine with Vodafone BB.

That happened to me before, change your DNS servers to something else, website worked fine but the box login acted like i'd entered the wrong credentials.

It fixed itself eventually but in the meantime jump to another dns provider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

2 boxes on the go here with TV player working fab - good times for a fantastic little box.

That happened to me before, change your DNS servers to something else, website worked fine but the box login acted like i'd entered the wrong credentials.

It fixed itself eventually but in the meantime jump to another dns provider.

I'll try that this evening when i get home, i currently use Unotelly as my DNS provider, are you saying i should pick a different provider and subscribe to them instead?

I'll try that this evening when i get home, i currently use Unotelly as my DNS provider, are you saying i should pick a different provider and subscribe to them instead?

Type free trial smartdns and you'll get a week with most to try it out.

I'm sure you'll get one that streams lovely

Type free trial smartdns and you'll get a week with most to try it out.

I'm sure you'll get one that streams lovely

I'm on Smartdnsproxy and it works fine for me. Used to use Unotelly but moved as they couldn't get ITV Encore to work.

I'm on Smartdnsproxy and it works fine for me. Used to use Unotelly but moved as they couldn't get ITV Encore to work.

ITV Encore now works without the need of a dns server.

"Error 646: You are not authorised"

Anyone getting the above now in TVPlayer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

ITV Encore now works without the need of a dns server.

"Error 646: You are not authorised"

Anyone getting the above now in TVPlayer?

I'm getting that error message on all the channels:mad:

Advertisement