Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

New update out lads :)

Working away no problem

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B787MtHYmgPnamQ0UGs0THVacmc/view

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

Didn't work for me last night. " error 646" kept showing up. It was my first time trying this app out last night

south wrote: »
    Didn't work for me last night. " error 646" kept showing up. It was my first time trying this app out last night

That's the new update yes? 1.8.11 or 1.8.12?

That's the new update yes? 1.8.11 or 1.8.12?

1.8.12 so the new update. Do I need to use a vpn to be able to use it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

1.8.12 so the new update. Do I need to use a vpn to be able to use it?

No. Works fine for me without.

• Advertisement

No. Works fine for me without.

Thanks for the reply. Haven't a clue why it's not working so. I might reset the box and see if that helps.

Yeah no need for a smartdns service.

A reset and a fresh update of the app should sort that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

For any of you of guys that have an issue of getting back into Developer Mode, this might be of help. If your pc/lappy remembers the 198.162. web address of the Now/Roku box AND if you have saved the Developer Mode password, you can get into the interface on your computer, WITHOUT having to go through the home, home,home routine. Worked for me when I could'nt get my Roku into Developer Mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

For any of you of guys that have an issue of getting back into Developer Mode, this might be of help. If your pc/lappy remembers the 198.162. web address of the Now/Roku box AND if you have saved the Developer Mode password, you can get into the interface on your computer, WITHOUT having to go through the home, home,home routine. Worked for me when I could'nt get my Roku into Developer Mode.

The home home routine is only needed once to enable Developer Mode, you don't have to do that each time, once enabled its just browsing to the ip address.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Delboy5

rogercross wrote: »
    I'm on Smartdnsproxy and it works fine for me. Used to use Unotelly but moved as they couldn't get ITV Encore to work.

Thanks for that, subscribed to a 2 week trial of smartdnsproxy last night and all working again....

Time to ditch Unotelly, for some reason Nowtv stopped working with its DNS servers.

• Advertisement

Delboy5 wrote: »
    Thanks for that, subscribed to a 2 week trial of smartdnsproxy last night and all working again....

Time to ditch Unotelly, for some reason Nowtv stopped working with its DNS servers.

Cool!

Yea smartdnsproxy works grand and its about €30 for the whole year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

New update out lads :)

Working away no problem

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B787MtHYmgPnamQ0UGs0THVacmc/view

Cheers that fixed the interface problems I was having. Works nicely now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

rogercross wrote: »
    The home home routine is only needed once to enable Developer Mode, you don't have to do that each time, once enabled its just browsing to the ip address.

Agreed, but will everyone save the ip address of the box:)?

Agreed, but will everyone save the ip address of the box:)?

Even if they don't it only takes a few seconds to find it within the network settings on the box, plus its a DHCP assigned address so no guarantee that address will always be the same as one saved in a browser months earlier.

I forget the password. I had to reset the box, reset the password, then re-download the app. Working well at the moment.

In general I think the hardware in the White NowTV is a bit under powered. The Sky stuff was slow on my Wifi. This app is working better tbh. I think I paid €10 for it second hand. Can't really complain.

With this app it will be handy on a 2nd Saorview box to give a few more channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

beauf wrote: »
    I forget the password. I had to reset the box, reset the password, then re-download the app. Working well at the moment.

In general I think the hardware in the NowTV is a bit under powered. The Sky stuff was slow on my Wifi. This app is working better tbh. I think I paid €10 for it second hand. Can't really complain.

With this app it will be handy on a 2nd Saorview box to give a few more channels.

Have you the old white box?

The new black one is very snappy

The white one yes. TBH I had stopped using it until this app came along.

Does this app work on the black one? Do you get 1080 with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

beauf wrote: »
    The white one yes. TBH I had stopped using it until this app came along.

Does this app work on the black one? Do you get 1080 with it.

Yes the app works on the black box.

The box is 1080p capable but Now TV only streams at 720.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭JDxtra

YouTube and anything else that supports it should play @ 1080.

Now TV @ 720 is pretty good though.

Yeah no need for a smartdns service.

A reset and a fresh update of the app should sort that.

No such luck :( still getting error 646: after resetting the box and installing the app again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

No such luck :( still getting error 646: after resetting the box and installing the app again.

Did you install the latest version, or the one you installed originally?
    The latest version cured the error 646 for me. Didn't need to reset the box - just uninstalled the previous app and immediately installed the new version. Worked there and then.

alastair wrote: »
    Did you install the latest version, or the one you installed originally?
    The latest version cured the error 646 for me. Didn't need to reset the box - just uninstalled the previous app and immediately installed the new version. Worked there and then.

1.8.12 is the one i installed, it shows up on the box but won't play anything. keep getting the error 646. I'll give it another try tomorrow and see how i get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭white_westie

Had the error 646 myself, just installed .12 version over .11 version and all working now!

Delete a few apps then reload, has worked for me in the past bud.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Side loaded the to player app and while the idea is great in principle I found the streaming quality very low. Too low to watch IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

adox wrote: »
    Side loaded the to player app and while the idea is great in principle I found the streaming quality very low. Too low to watch IMO.

Pretty clear for me and very watchable.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

Coming late to the party lads, is this still worth buying, even though original link was posted 2 years ago?? The original link talks about various passes you buy as odd ons to the box?? Do people buy them or do they use hacks to torrent stream with this? This is basically an android box?

Casshern88 wrote: »
    Coming late to the party lads, is this still worth buying, even though original link was posted 2 years ago?? The original link talks about various passes you buy as odd ons to the box?? Do people buy them or do they use hacks to torrent stream with this? This is basically an android box?

It's not an android streaming box it's a cut down version of a roku streaming box . The newest version available is based on the Roku 3, (main difference is it's not possible to use Netflix or Amazon Prime on these boxes) it's a great box for using UK catchup tv apps plus yea if you buy passes for now tv you can get movies or sports or sky entertainment channels plus their catchup based on which package you pick.

There's also a new UK freeview app which can be loaded separately onto the box for a selection of free live channels.

The easiest way to get the official passes is getting them bundled with a box, Amazon do great deals on them.

You can't hack or torrent the passes. The passes are basically like buying phone credit for a pay as you go phone, you get the pass, scratch off the code and enter it on your account.

Hope that helps

Picked up a 6mth entertainment pass for 18 quid today. Chuffed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭postsnthing

Picked up a 6mth entertainment pass for 18 quid today. Chuffed

Link ?

Advertisement