Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Link ?

Ebay UK search for Now TV entertainment 6mth will bring up loads of sellers.

Cheapest was 18.50 and I just made them an offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭clancger

I'm also a latecomer, and am wondering if the latest NowTV would be suitable for connecting to an ext3 formatted USB drive containing movies, and streaming from the drive across an internal wireless network to a Fire Stick connected TV?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

clancger wrote: »
    I'm also a latecomer, and am wondering if the latest NowTV would be suitable for connecting to an ext3 formatted USB drive containing movies, and streaming from the drive across an internal wireless network to a Fire Stick connected TV?

You can use the USB port to watch movies, but the box cannot output wirelessly, only HDMI.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 photochain

Hi everyone,
    am thinking of ordering one of these boxes and don't want to mess it up when it arrives. Do I need to use a VPN with it? When I sign up to nowtv am I best to use my sisters uk address? Are they very complicated to set up, I wouldn't know a lot about all this stuff.
    thanks in advance I'm sure these questions have been asked before so sorry for asking again, have a newborn here so only get a few minutes at a time to myself to read back through all the old posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

photochain wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    am thinking of ordering one of these boxes and don't want to mess it up when it arrives. Do I need to use a VPN with it? When I sign up to nowtv am I best to use my sisters uk address? Are they very complicated to set up, I wouldn't know a lot about all this stuff.
    thanks in advance I'm sure these questions have been asked before so sorry for asking again, have a newborn here so only get a few minutes at a time to myself to read back through all the old posts.

It would be best to use your sisters address yes, if possible use her card too for the initial 30 day trial (she won't be charged if you cancel immediately) then buy additional passes yourself online from amazon or ebay to apply to the account to keep subscriptions going.

Its easy to setup a smartdns for this box, sign up with smartdnsproxy.com, change your dns servers on your router to the ones smartdns recommend, reboot your nowtv box and thats it really, when you connect the box to wifi it'll pickup the smartdns settings.

With a working dns, a uk address and potentially a uk card on account you'll be safe from having the account shutdown, in the future if you ever have to contact nowtv support just remember never to tell them you live in the republic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

I set up Smart VPN/DNS today and it's great all uk players working. However sine I did the VPN I now cannot connect to the installer mode as I need to reinstall the TV app and pkex as I list them after a reset on box 

• Registered Users Posts: 27 photochain

rogercross wrote: »
    It would be best to use your sisters address yes, if possible use her card too for the initial 30 day trial (she won't be charged if you cancel immediately) then buy additional passes yourself online from amazon or ebay to apply to the account to keep subscriptions going.

Its easy to setup a smartdns for this box, sign up with smartdnsproxy.com, change your dns servers on your router to the ones smartdns recommend, reboot your nowtv box and thats it really, when you connect the box to wifi it'll pickup the smartdns settings.

With a working dns, a uk address and potentially a uk card on account you'll be safe from having the account shutdown, in the future if you ever have to contact nowtv support just remember never to tell them you live in the republic.

Brill thanks so much have ordered it now, hopefully I find it as easy as you have made it sound 😊

I set up Smart VPN/DNS today and it's great all uk players working. However sine I did the VPN I now cannot connect to the installer mode as I need to reinstall the TV app and pkex as I list them after a reset on box 

Just go into settings and check the ip of the box. It's most likely just changed. Put the new ip into your address bar and try again.

TV app down again here

TV app down again here

Apparently the TvPlayer.com people keep changing some sort of encryption key which is then breaking the app (presumably thats their intention), so the guy who built this app is trying to fix it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Apparently the TvPlayer.com people keep changing some sort of encryption key which is then breaking the app (presumably thats their intention), so the guy who built this app is trying to fix it.

See the story here for TVPlayer
    http://blog.artesea.co.uk/2016/01/tvplayer-on-roku-or-now-tv.html

Yep thats where I got it from :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Amazon UK had the black box and 6 month entertainment pass for 25 yesterday but showinh 36.65 now. Have one on the way but worth keeping an eye on....Pity about tv player

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

..Pity about tv player

If you have a Plex setup, this is a good tvplayer replacement.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/msuxtkwdsefv7my/xtv.bundle.zip?dl=0

If you own a Roku Box, try this private channel:

XTVIPTV

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Amazon UK had the black box and 6 month entertainment pass for 25 yesterday but showinh 36.65 now. Have one on the way but worth keeping an eye on....Pity about tv player

...and it has even been as low as £18.99 direct from Amazon.

JDxtra wrote: »
    ...and it has even been as low as £18.99 direct from Amazon.

Yea see that on camel camel camel....thought it was a bargain at the time...

http://www.filefactory.com/file/3tzym356dwxv/LiveTV.zip

FilmOn streams zip file for NowTV/Roku working well.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/3tzym356dwxv/LiveTV.zip

Yea, just loaded it there, works great. Cheers

Yea, just loaded it there, works great. Cheers

Grand app, quality aint as good but it works :)

Grand app, quality aint as good but it works :)

Apps working well, shame about the other tvplayer as that had an episode guide onscreen for each channel.

• Advertisement

Apps working well, shame about the other tvplayer as that had an episode guide onscreen for each channel.

Indeed Rog, sure at least it's something I suppose. Streams away grand for hours without hitch

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I did a factory reset on my box in the hope of getting rid of the Sky stuff, now that my Entertainment Pass had expired.. Had to re-register with NowTV to get the thing to boot up. It booted up and re-installed all the channels from Sky that I had with the Pass. Now when I try to get into the Developer menu, the box will not connect to pc when I type in the web address 192.168.x.xx. Anyone know what gives?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I did a factory reset on my box in the hope of getting rid of the Sky stuff, now that my Entertainment Pass had expired.. Had to re-register with NowTV to get the thing to boot up. It booted up and re-installed all the channels from Sky that I had with the Pass. Now when I try to get into the Developer menu, the box will not connect to pc when I type in the web address 192.168.x.xx. Anyone know what gives?

I had a similar situation with this the other day, couldn't connect, router restarted etc. It started working again the next day though.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Zilog

Did you re-enable Developer mode?:
    https://recombu.com/digital/article/how-to-developer-mode-now-tv-box

You will be asked to create a password also.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

I assume Plex has to go to enable this?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Zilog wrote: »
    Did you re-enable Developer mode?:
    https://recombu.com/digital/article/how-to-developer-mode-now-tv-box

You will be asked to create a password also.

I had already done that before the factory reset. You cannot re-enable Developer mode afaik.

SOLVED: Had to keep hammering at the Home,Home,Home procedure at different speeds until one of them worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,248 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I signed up for a trial using an English friend's credit card - but when I go onto the website to remove the card (by clicking on update card details) it says it is geo-locked (as is purchase history so I can't see if the trial went through). Anyway I can see the status of the trial and cancel it if I have one?

My devices page shows 0 devices, and my passes is still giving me the option of a trial on both Entertainment and Movies (but not Sports).

I signed up for a trial using an English friend's credit card - but when I go onto the website to remove the card (by clicking on update card details) it says it is geo-locked (as is purchase history so I can't see if the trial went through). Anyway I can see the status of the trial and cancel it if I have one?

My devices page shows 0 devices, and my passes is still giving me the option of a trial on both Entertainment and Movies (but not Sports).

Have you ever used the NowTV app on your device and played something, if not that could be why devices are showing as 0.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,248 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Have you ever used the NowTV app on your device and played something, if not that could be why devices are showing as 0.

Never opened it - I just registered so that I could start up the box and sideload plex. It will be geoblocked anyway I assume (I'm in France)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

soirish wrote: »
    I assume Plex has to go to enable this?

Yup, you can only side load one app

Advertisement