Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭nthside_cycle

Daily deal on Amazon.co.uk have the NOW TV Box with 6 Month Entertainment Pass at £18.49 good price just for the voucher alone.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/NOW-TV-Month-Entertainment-Pass/dp/B016WGF9O2/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1458029068&sr=1-1&keywords=now+tv+6+months

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

Ordered one earlier on was just coming on to post the BA, went with the4 mth movies as have a ent pass and don't like to buy too far ahead in case they decide to shutter us once and for all. On a side note I see that ITV Encore has disappeared behind a geolock again, didn't watch much on it but a pity nonetheless (I don't want a DNS service), I was hoping it was finally a sign of perestroika.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

Dave..M wrote: »
    Ordered one earlier on was just coming on to post the BA, went with the4 mth movies as have a ent pass and don't like to buy too far ahead in case they decide to shutter us once and for all. On a side note I see that ITV Encore has disappeared behind a geolock again, didn't watch much on it but a pity nonetheless (I don't want a DNS service), I was hoping it was finally a sign of perestroika.

Thats the way its going to go though, i'm very surprised that the service is still accessible without a DNS redirect.

At some point they'll end up changing that, its important to note too that without a DNS your location is being logged against your account, so even if you've got a uk credit card and address on the account if they do a spot-check on your location they'll see Republic of Ireland

rogercross wrote: »
    Thats the way its going to go though, i'm very surprised that the service is still accessible without a DNS redirect.

At some point they'll end up changing that, its important to note too that without a DNS your location is being logged against your account, so even if you've got a uk credit card and address on the account if they do a spot-check on your location they'll see Republic of Ireland

Yeah, I've been a member since 2013 and still pay on and off via my Irish card (as well as using vouchers), if they nix me so be it, I had a good run!

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

Dave..M wrote: »
    Yeah, I've been a member since 2013 and still pay on and off via my Irish card (as well as using vouchers), if they nix me so be it, I had a good run!

Ah fair enough :-)

I just don't plan to ever have to pay the rip off ireland prices for tv again

• Advertisement

rogercross wrote: »
    Ah fair enough :-)

I just don't plan to ever have to pay the rip off ireland prices for tv again

Completely agree, its a great addition to the Freesat/Saorview set up and worth the extra few quid in my opinion plus the (black) boxes make for a great user experience vs casting or fiddly TV aps but if they do geolock everything or launch here with silly prices (which likely is their current stumbling block to launching here) I'll just switch to Netflix, in fact I'd actually save money as I pay for movies and ent monthly!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Wonder when they'll launch it here, they had talked that was going to be launched the end of last year but nothing about it since. They might wait until the launch of the new box in a few months.

Corholio wrote: »
    Wonder when they'll launch it here, they had talked that was going to be launched the end of last year but nothing about it since. They might wait until the launch of the new box in a few months.

They charge so much for entertainment, movies and sport packages here they are likely afraid of cannibalising their main revenue street. NOWTV is mainly aimed at cord cutters in the UK (and similar products in their other territory's) unfortunately we lack a cohesive well marketed alternative to pay TV in this country, the previous and current Saorview offerings are not competition (we will see what Saorview come up with later this year). Cord cutters here need to be self motivated and have a bit of wherewithal if they want Saorview and UK channels (personally I have a mix of Freesat or Saorview / FTA UK set up, usually just watch Freesat) so in a nutshell SKY have had little incentive to launch here and likely won't for some time on that front but who knows, we are currently their only territory where they don't have an OTT product and peoples approach to TV is changing radically so perhaps not missing out on that sector will hopefully provide the incentive that is currently lacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Daily deal on Amazon.co.uk have the NOW TV Box with 6 Month Entertainment Pass at £18.49 good price just for the voucher alone.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/NOW-TV-Month-Entertainment-Pass/dp/B016WGF9O2/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1458029068&sr=1-1&keywords=now+tv+6+months

Good value. For anyone buying this for the first time, there are free trials of the Entertainment and Movie channels. Use the free trials before using the pass to give yourself a couple of extra weeks free viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Nice one been waiting to try one of these out,argos have them for order now but at 49e and only one month sports with it,rip off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭James Delaney

Good value. For anyone buying this for the first time, there are free trials of the Entertainment and Movie channels. Use the free trials before using the pass to give yourself a couple of extra weeks free viewing.

I'm a 1st time potential purchaser.
    Was think of buying an M8S TvBox for €69.
    I'm unfamiliar will all these boxes.

Any advise would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I'm a 1st time potential purchaser.
    Was think of buying an M8S TvBox for €69.
    I'm unfamiliar will all these boxes.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Google is your friend:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

soirish wrote: »
    I assume Plex has to go to enable this?

Just add this channel to your PLEX setup. Youll then have best of both worlds. Plex and tv streams on your Now TV box.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/msuxtkwdsefv7my/xtv.bundle.zip?dl=0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Black box with 2 months movie pass available on Shopto for €18 delivered

LINK

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

Argos is very expensive for the sports pass and the box.

Joo0 wrote: »
    Argos is very expensive for the sports pass and the box.

That's not a bad price considering the months sports pass is around €42 on the Now TV site, so the box is only costing €6.

Just surprised they are selling it at all as its not supposed to be available here

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭cal_chi

NATLOR wrote: »
    Black box with 2 months movie pass available on Shopto for €18 delivered

LINK

Thanks Natlor. Bit the bullet and ordered this with 3 month entertainment pass for £10.85 with free delivery via PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Del007

cal_chi wrote: »
    Thanks Natlor. Bit the bullet and ordered this with 3 month entertainment pass for £10.85 with free delivery via PM.

I've tried 4 or 5 times now to order it via parcel motel but it's not allowing me. Did you have any trouble with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭cal_chi

Del007 wrote: »
    I've tried 4 or 5 times now to order it via parcel motel but it's not allowing me. Did you have any trouble with it?

Hmm....not so far... The order went through, and is at processing stage. Only thing might be, am paying via paypal and have address changed to PM address on paypal.. Maybe try that???

cal_chi wrote: »
    Hmm....not so far... The order went through, and is at processing stage. Only thing might be, am paying via paypal and have address changed to PM address on paypal.. Maybe try that???

That's exactly what I did, strange one

• Advertisement

Have you tried ordering direct to Ireland,its only £3 (with no tracking) which is roughly the same cost as PM

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

tharmor wrote: »
    u have to change it in your router...

Is it difficult to do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Can u change DNS setting on virgin horizon box. I gave private Internet access, can this be setup on the horizon box?

I am sure this query has occurred previously add nauseum but my Now TV account had been deactivated.:(

I used an irish address and credit card, is there anything I can do to overcome this difficulty?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

seligehgit wrote: »
    I am sure this query has occurred previously add nauseum but my Now TV account had been deactivated.:(

I used an irish address and credit card, is there anything I can do to overcome this difficulty?

Use a UK address. I don't know how you will be fixed now though, given that you've used your card already

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Use a UK address. I don't know how you will be fixed now though, given that you've used your card already

If I use an alternative e mail address, alternative debit card and the northern irish parcel motel address?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

seligehgit wrote: »
    If I use an alternative e mail address, alternative debit card and the northern irish parcel motel address?

Just pick a random UK address off Google maps, thats all i did.

The rest should be fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

FilmOn App from Ryan Cullen.

Now/Next EPG :D

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B787MtHYmgPnVVJ4aE5MYmNBVkU/view

Does this go onto plex or is it separate like TVplayer?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Does this go onto plex or is it separate like TVplayer?

Sideloads like TVplayer.

I'm finding this update slow loading the channels so I've reverted to "LiveTV"

Ryan will nail that I'm sure in the upcoming updates.

Advertisement