Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Sideloads like TVplayer.

I'm finding this update slow loading the channels so I've reverted to "LiveTV"

Ryan will nail that I'm sure in the upcoming updates.

No problems loading for me
    I really like the Now and Next and the program information

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

Ryans Filmon App is actually much faster opening programmes than Filmon on Live TV for me Chris. Getting no Now/Next data though. Not really bothered though with Showbox, Kodi etc I'll survive until the next update :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

^^Think I'll reload it lads to see if it flows nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

^^Think I'll reload it lads to see if it flows nicer.

Ryan is busy tonight. Version 107 out now:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B787MtHYmgPnSlNNek83aEw1UWs/view?pref=2&pli=1

New channels added.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

WIZWEB wrote: »
    Ryans Filmon App is actually much faster opening programmes than Filmon on Live TV for me Chris. Getting no Now/Next data though. Not really bothered though with Showbox, Kodi etc I'll survive until the next update :)
    givecredit wrote: »
    Ryan is busy tonight. Version 107 out now:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B787MtHYmgPnSlNNek83aEw1UWs/view?pref=2&pli=1

New channels added.

The gift that keeps on giving :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

New app working very nicely so far, although I am blaming it for me staying up late last night watching Serenity on Film4 :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭cal_chi

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Just pick a random UK address off Google maps, thats all i did.

The rest should be fine

So, just about to pick this up from my parcel motel. Anybody care to explain exactly what I do when I'm setting it up so as to avoid my account being shut down. If I use a random UK postcode, will it be OK that the billing address doesn't match? Will they know from my ip that I'm not in the UK? (I have a subscription to a vpn but it only works through my laptop). Sorry if these are stupid questions but not really sure what I'm doing with this. (You lot are totally to blame, ''forcing'' me to get this with 3 month entertainment pass ;-) :-D )

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Guys, did any of you who got through Nowtv.com's filters for nabbing Irish cards/address/web address manage to access the full 13 channels that came with the Entertainement Pass?

Guys, did any of you who got through Nowtv.com's filters for nabbing Irish cards/address/web address manage to access the full 13 channels that came with the Entertainement Pass?

ITV Encore doesn't tend to work unless you use a DNS proxy, everything else should work.

rogercross wrote: »
    ITV Encore doesn't tend to work unless you use a DNS proxy, everything else should work.

Even Sky 1 & Sky Atlantic ??????

• Advertisement

Unless they've changed something recently, i'm using a DNSproxy though these days.

If you're not using one sign up for getflix on its 14 day free trial and see if those channels suddenly work

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

You wont need a proxy for the entertainment package.

adox wrote: »
    You wont need a proxy for the entertainment package.

ITV Encore?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,248 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

This new app is great, & not geo-blocked for people living abroad. Assuming it stays working, it will be a lifesaver for those who just want FTA from abroad easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

This new app is great, & not geo-blocked for people living abroad. Assuming it stays working, it will be a lifesaver for those who just want FTA from abroad easily.

Any buffering, I find the official apps buffers a lot, not a network/wifi/speed issue.

Any buffering, I find the official apps buffers a lot, not a network/wifi/speed issue.

I watched a movie on it last night and no buffering.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,248 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

None at all for me so far over wifi (although close to my router)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭cal_chi

Set mine up last night using free trial. This morning, 2 emails as follows :
    Hi xxxxx,
    Your NOW TV account has been deactivated. This may have occurred for a number of reasons, including the following:

1. You have exceeded the maximum number of unsuccessful log-in attempts and, like a bank card, we have deactivated the account for security reasons.
    2. You have requested NOW TV to close your account.

If you wish to re-activate your account please contact info@nowtv.com

It’s hasta la vista for now...
    Drop by again any time
    Thanks for being one of the gang. But you’ve now cancelled your Entertainment Month Pass.

Don’t forget, if you’re itching to see a new series or relive the best bits of your favourite Box Set, you can start watching again any time.

Come back in just a few clicks:
    1. Sign in with your username
    2. Click on any ‘BUY PASS’ button.

I certainly did not exceed the maximum number of unsuccessful log-in attempts. Even less likely, requested them to deactivate my account. Instead of 2 weeks, I got exactly 12 hours use from it 😤. When I set up account, I set it up as a UK one, used UK post code, but used my (irish) visa card. Has this happened anyone before? Have a three month entertainment pass but don't want to use it if they are going to block me immediately again. Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

How long it takes to switch between Plex and Filmon and vise versa? Is it doable or I need a second box?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Del007

soirish wrote: »
    How long it takes to switch between Plex and Filmon and vise versa? Is it doable or I need a second box?

I think it's one or the other

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

Del007 wrote: »
    I think it's one or the other

Yes but how long it takes to get it up and running and then remove it and get the other one?

soirish wrote: »
    Yes but how long it takes to get it up and running and then remove it and get the other one?

Half an hour each. A lot more if you have channels on Plex.

Anyone with live channels fancy adding me to their server? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Anyone with live channels fancy adding me to their server? :)

You'll find you'll have to pay for that kind of service

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭JDxtra

cal_chi wrote: »
    When I set up account, I set it up as a UK one, used UK post code, but used my (irish) visa card. Has this happened anyone before? Have a three month entertainment pass but don't want to use it if they are going to block me immediately again. Thoughts?
    Best not to use any Irish cards at all - only use vouchers (in the box, or from eBay or Amazon).

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    You'll find you'll have to pay for that kind of service

Not always :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Not always :)

Oh? well, count me in then so!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Hi Guys,

Newbie to this. Probably a straight forward question but if I order the box am I ok to pay for it with my Irish card. My understanding is that its when I'm activating it the issues can arise, which is a later step in the process?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Newbie to this. Probably a straight forward question but if I order the box am I ok to pay for it with my Irish card. My understanding is that its when I'm activating it the issues can arise, which is a later step in the process?

Get the box on Amazon, it's a lot cheaper than going via Now TV and removes the risk of having your account deactivated:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/NOW-TV-Month-Entertainment-Pass/dp/B013SGATVC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1459252055&sr=8-2&keywords=now+tc

Advertisement