Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Never buy direct from Now TV. Always got mine on FleaBay and haven't had a problem as of yet

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

Never buy direct from Now TV. Always got mine on FleaBay and haven't had a problem as of yet

Amazon is good aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jonas7

Argos are selling these for 48 euro with a one month sky sports pass. Am I right in saying that if I wanted any more passes I need to get them on ebay?

jonas7 wrote: »
    Argos are selling these for 48 euro with a one month sky sports pass. Am I right in saying that if I wanted any more passes I need to get them on ebay?

Much cheaper on Ebay but if you've set up an account with Now they'll automatically withdraw their subs from you card every month.

The Ebay passes can be applied anytime to stop the monies being taken from your card, just make sure it's applied the same month as your due to expire before the date to avail of the extra days.

So if your month is up the 14th, apply the 12th to get two extra days the next month & so fourth.

Must be the same month though to apply the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

jonas7 wrote: »

€31 of that €48.00 is for Sky Sports. Doubt you'll get a pass cheaper than that on fleabay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭tipperary

Interested in getting one of the black units for plex, don't need the passes. What's the best way to get one of these? If I buy from amazon can I sell the passes?

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

tipperary wrote: »
    Interested in getting one of the black units for plex, don't need the passes. What's the best way to get one of these? If I buy from amazon can I sell the passes?

Yes, pass comes on a card separate from the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Get the box on Amazon, it's a lot cheaper than going via Now TV and removes the risk of having your account deactivated:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/NOW-TV-Month-Entertainment-Pass/dp/B013SGATVC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1459252055&sr=8-2&keywords=now+tc

Ordered that online to my parcel motel address in the north using my Revolt credit card. Must say I do enjoy the bargain alerts forum!!

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

Those are the white boxes you have. The current black ones are model 4200sk and a much better option. Sorry to rain on your parade:)

yeah I mentioned that they are the 2400sk ones. Bought last June and been sitting in a box of stuff that I'm starting to clear out. They are going in the WEEE pile, buying them isn't mandatory ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

I've been using the newest incarnation of the Tv Player (now FilmOn 1.1.0) for the last week or so, working great, I've actually found i'm using the official NowTv app less.

For anyone who hasn't checked it out yet its on this guys blog:

http://blog.artesea.co.uk/2016/01/tvplayer-on-roku-or-now-tv.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,248 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Anyone know what the improvements are in the latest version? I'm on 1.0.7 and not sure if I need to bother sideloading a new version.

Anyone know what the improvements are in the latest version? I'm on 1.0.7 and not sure if I need to bother sideloading a new version.

The clock is correct in the newest version, it is an hour out on 1.0.7 due to the clocks going forward, not sure what else is different

• Registered Users Posts: 18 rozmiss

rogercross wrote: »
    The clock is correct in the newest version, it is an hour out on 1.0.7 due to the clocks going forward, not sure what else is different

Hi can I ask what discovery channels this has?

rozmiss wrote: »

I'm not sure off the top of my head, I've been using it mostly for Film4, Pick and Dave, but there's loads of channels on it I haven't touched yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 rozmiss

I'm not sure off the top of my head, I've been using it mostly for Film4, Pick and Dave, but there's loads of channels on it I haven't touched yet.

Thanks for getting back 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

rozmiss wrote: »

Quest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Galw1

cal_chi wrote: »

I certainly did not exceed the maximum number of unsuccessful log-in attempts. Even less likely, requested them to deactivate my account. Instead of 2 weeks, I got exactly 12 hours use from it 😀. When I set up account, I set it up as a UK one, used UK post code, but used my (irish) visa card. Has this happened anyone before? Have a three month entertainment pass but don't want to use it if they are going to block me immediately again. Thoughts?

Same thing happened to me - do I need to care a text a new account or will using the entertainment pass on existing work?

Jesus that new black box is quality!

Bang Plex on it & the amount of channels is quite frightening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Jesus that new black box is quality!

Bang Plex on it & the amount of channels is quite frightening.

What plex addons are you using out of interest havn't used plex since last year.

What plex addons are you using out of interest havn't used plex since last year.

No addons just gave my pin to the provider and all the channels and movies came on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭dwasol

No addons just gave my pin to the provider and all the channels and movies came on.

Lads can someone tell me how to load plex please. I get so far into the development area but no further. I've tried following YouTube but must be doing something wrong

dwasol wrote: »
    Lads can someone tell me how to load plex please. I get so far into the development area but no further. I've tried following YouTube but must be doing something wrong

Have you the Plex zip file downloaded?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Del007

What provider?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Del007 wrote: »
    What provider?

By PM only !!!!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

Del007 wrote: »
    What provider?

sent you PM

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

dwasol wrote: »

If you are dropping the zip file in as instructed and nothing is happening try a different browser. I remember it not working with some browsers.

meathman0 wrote: »
    sent you PM

Could I get that provider from you too?

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

Could I get that provider from you too?

Sent

not sure if it went, let me know and i'll send again.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

By PM only !!!!!:pac:

On it's way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Dark and Long

Lads, how does this work? I understand how to install Plex but I don't understand how you get TV channels through Plex?

Advertisement