Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭redscan

11214 wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a place to buy entertainment passes online?

I've bought them off ebay for about €10 for 3 months. Usually get a response email straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

j4vier wrote: »
    I hope nobody from ROI is thinking about complaining for this. We should already be grateful that they don't geoblock the service, it is still amazing value relative to a sat subscription even if you ll have to buy two passes

I agree with that, please no one make waves on this, won't get us anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

j4vier wrote: »
    I hope nobody from ROI is thinking about complaining for this. We should already be grateful that they don't geoblock the service, it is still amazing value relative to a sat subscription even if you ll have to buy two passes

It's still good value, just less good value than it was a few days ago.

If you're paying full whack of £10/€13 per month for Entertainment and Kids, then I wouldn't class that as 'amazing' at all, so we'll have to see how it pans out with 6-month passes etc.

Out of curiosity, what's the live TV experience been like for people during transmission of Game Of Thrones this season so far, I remember it used to be unusable on the night.

I have a box in mind for someone who specifically wants Sky Atlantic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

rogercross wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, what's the live TV experience been like for people during transmission of Game Of Thrones this season so far, I remember it used to be unusable on the night.

I have a box in mind for someone who specifically wants Sky Atlantic.

This is my 3 year of watching Game of Thrones on Nowtv. This is the first year they have actually got it right. I have no issues. The episode actually appears in the on demand section of nowtv after its first shown on Sky Atlantic at 2am on Monday morning, So is viewable at anytime after that.

• Advertisement

givecredit wrote: »
    This is my 3 year of watching Game of Thrones on Nowtv. This is the first year they have actually got it right. I have no issues. The episode actually appears in the on demand section of nowtv after its first shown on Sky Atlantic at 2am on Monday morning, So is viewable at anytime after that.

Cool good to know. I'm the same i think, 3rd year of having it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Anyone have a movies they aren't using? Forgot to keep track of mine and it's finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭iisollie

I have a 4 month movie pass, pm me if interested

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Just bought one of these with a 3mth entertainment pass, will see how it goes.

To save me having to read all of this (massive!) thread has the newer black box been hacked/modded yet or can it still only be used for Sky stuff?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Niemoj wrote: »
    Just bought one of these with a 3mth entertainment pass, will see how it goes.

To save me having to read all of this (massive!) thread has the newer black box been hacked/modded yet or can it still only be used for Sky stuff?

Cheers.

Nope. I've never heard of a Roku box being cracked either (which is what they are effectively)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Niemoj wrote:

You can side load Plex on it OR a 3rd party live TV streaming app posted on here a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Can these be bought anywhere in the ROI

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

massy086 wrote:

Adverts.ie second hand best bet I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

massy086 wrote: »

I saw NowTV boxes with two-month movie or entertainment passes in Curry's in Liffey Valley last week. I did a double-take as it was a surprise to see them on sale here.

Would someone he so kind as to link me to the add on that can stream live TV?

I seen it earlier in the thread but cant seem to find it now!

Typical:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Niemoj wrote: »
    Would someone he so kind as to link me to the add on that can stream live TV?

I seen it earlier in the thread but cant seem to find it now!

Typical:pac:
    Google Artesea NowTV. Should give you the site.

DubDJ wrote: »
    Google Artesea NowTV. Should give you the site.

Go raibh maith agat!

Now I just gotta wait for the thing to arrive!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Amazon doing black box for 12 with 3 month entertainment or 2 months movies.... pretty good deal. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B013SGATVC/

Amazon doing black box for 12 with 3 month entertainment or 2 months movies.... pretty good deal. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B013SGATVC/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Only 15.5 hours left for this deal.

Here's a better link of the same thing: https://www.amazon.co.uk/NOW-TV-Month-Entertainment-Pass/dp/B013SGATVC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1464074779&sr=8-1&keywords=NOW+TV+Box+with+3+Month+Sky+Entertainment+Pass

• Advertisement

Only 15.5 hours left for this deal.

Here's a better link of the same thing: https://www.amazon.co.uk/NOW-TV-Month-Entertainment-Pass/dp/B013SGATVC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1464074779&sr=8-1&keywords=NOW+TV+Box+with+3+Month+Sky+Entertainment+Pass
    Why is your link better than the one I put up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Del007

Not sure of anyone knows but you can use the same account of 4 different boxes but only 2 can watch at the same time. Handy if you want to share the cost of passes with someone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Why is your link better than the one I put up?

Seems designed for mobile only - it looks like crap on a Desktop browser and you can't select the different add-ons either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Can you still load plex and other free app addons ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Can you still load plex and other free app addons ?

You can sideload Plex. However, you are limited to one App, iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

I have a fire stick, does this box do anything it doesn't?

podge018 wrote: »
    I have a fire stick, does this box do anything it doesn't?

This might be out of date but can you get NowTv, ITV hub or All4 on the fire stick, last time i looked into one of them they weren't available

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Now TV is not available on an Amazon Fire stick. Likely never will be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Loppis

I have Sky basic channels and a Google Chromecast. Is there any advantage to me getting this?

Advertisement