Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSc Computer Science (Neg) PT T151.

Options
  • 26-07-2013 3:16pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Received an offer for this course today. Anyone else on boards get one?

LoGiE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

LoGiE wrote: »
    Received an offer for this course today. Anyone else on boards get one?

LoGiE

Congrats man!

I got one too! Lookin forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Peanut81

Hi,

Just got an offer for this course as well, I was away last week so I missed the orientation week, how was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Yashir0

hmm... welcome guys XD

Peanut81 wrote: »
    Hi,

Just got an offer for this course as well, I was away last week so I missed the orientation week, how was it?
    Korvanica wrote: »
    Congrats man!

I got one too! Lookin forward to it.
    Hi guys, I just graduated from cs NL this year, here are some suggestions for u:
    1. DO NOT take "information security management", over 50% got D- in this crouse
    2. NL is not that difficult(also not easy), but if u want to get a 1.1 degree u need to work hard and your computer technology background is NOT so important, However,if u have some basic acknowledge about C and software engineering it would be very helpful
    3. Every semester u should take at least one On-line crouse, they are easy but helpful.Professional Java 1 and 2 are strongly recommended, Dont be scared by its name, they are much easier than Java technology(the basic one). I know this is weird but its true
    4.Attend every lecture, u dont want to miss something important
    5.Make friends with different ppl, you may need some of them to be your team member in semester 3
    6. Enjoy your life, I will probably meet u guys in a few weeks(I'm a doctor now,yeah!)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 NoLimit

Yashir0 wrote: »
    Hi guys, I just graduated from cs NL this year, here are some suggestions for u:
    1. DO NOT take "information security management", over 50% got D- in this crouse
    2. NL is not that difficult(also not easy), but if u want to get a 1.1 degree u need to work hard and your computer technology background is NOT so important, However,if u have some basic acknowledge about C and software engineering it would be very helpful
    3. Every semester u should take at least one On-line crouse, they are easy but helpful.Professional Java 1 and 2 are strongly recommended, Dont be scared by its name, they are much easier than Java technology(the basic one). I know this is weird but its true
    4.Attend every lecture, u dont want to miss something important
    5.Make friends with different ppl, you may need some of them to be your team member in semester 3
    6. Enjoy your life, I will probably meet u guys in a few weeks(I'm a doctor now,yeah!)
    Hi Yashir0,

Thanks for overview of the course, I am going to do it this year (or well starting next week). Basically I have selected both professional java 1 & 2. I have two modules of level 3 which i need to select one, comp30250: Parallel and cluster computing and comp30480: Mobile application development.
    Did you take any of them, so u can make an overview? I am planning to attending the lectures of both of them so I can decide which to take next week.

• Advertisement

NoLimit wrote: »
    Hi Yashir0,

Thanks for overview of the course, I am going to do it this year (or well starting next week). Basically I have selected both professional java 1 & 2. I have two modules of level 3 which i need to select one, comp30250: Parallel and cluster computing and comp30480: Mobile application development.
    Did you take any of them, so u can make an overview? I am planning to attending the lectures of both of them so I can decide which to take next week.

Hi Nolimit
    Sorry I didnt take any of them, what I suggest is what you planned. Personally I prefer Mobile app cuz I got several courses that involve Android development, especially the final project in semester 3. It should be more useful , but follow your interests.

Advertisement