Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forgotton Password option not on verified for visa screen.

Options
  • 26-07-2013 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭

Hi,

I forgot my verified my visa password and entered it wrong 3 times. Thus account got locked, so I rang BOI and they unlocked it telling me to click the forgot password link when I go to do it again however there is no choice and I'm on my last chance again.

Where can I get a link to reset it ??! 

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula H

Hi Blink182rock

We dont sign up to a link, we are invited to sign up when making a purchase or paying for a service online. 

As you know, if you block your password, Banking365 can unlock it.  When you next go online to purchase something, you will be invited to sign up for verified by visa. You will be asked to input some account detail and then create a password. This is the password you use going forward. 
    If you lock this password out again, you repeat the above. However, if you are asked for your password and click 'Forget password', then you will be sent this password by email again. 

Going forward, not until you want to buy something online do you need to worry about resetting it. When this time comes, just follow the above. 

Thanks for posting. 

Paula H

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Blink182rock

Hi Blink182rock

We dont sign up to a link, we are invited to sign up when making a purchase or paying for a service online. 

As you know, if you block your password, Banking365 can unlock it.  When you next go online to purchase something, you will be invited to sign up for verified by visa. You will be asked to input some account detail and then create a password. This is the password you use going forward. 
    If you lock this password out again, you repeat the above. However, if you are asked for your password and click 'Forget password', then you will be sent this password by email again. 

Going forward, not until you want to buy something online do you need to worry about resetting it. When this time comes, just follow the above. 

Thanks for posting. 

Paula H
    Thanks for the reply. 
    However, I am trying to purchase a holiday and its not giving me the option of 'forgot my password' so what am I meant to do???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula H

Hi

If your purchase is not being interrupted in order to satisfy Verified by Visa, then you should be able to continue with your purchase without carrying out this functionality. 

If this is not the case, we advise you to enter in what you believe may be your password and force it to lock. When you contact Banking365 to unlock it again, they can assist you with the process from there. 

You could contact Banking 365 and ask the agent whether they can see your password locked out and direct you further until your purchase is complete.

Thanks

Paula H

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Blink182rock

Hi

If your purchase is not being interrupted in order to satisfy Verified by Visa, then you should be able to continue with your purchase without carrying out this functionality. 

If this is not the case, we advise you to enter in what you believe may be your password and force it to lock. When you contact Banking365 to unlock it again, they can assist you with the process from there. 

You could contact Banking 365 and ask the agent whether they can see your password locked out and direct you further until your purchase is complete.

Thanks

Paula H
    Can I ask do you know of any other sites that ask me for the password while making a transaction so I could buy something there and it might have the forgotten password link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi,

Even if another website supports Verified by Visa, you would have to purchase something online for the facility to appear and we do not have a list of websites which have this. If the link is not appearing for you, maybe call Verified by Visa again to discuss options that could be available to you which will get this transaction through.

Their direct line is 0818 365 365 and select option 6 for Visa and option 2 for Verified by Visa.

I hope this helps.
    Thanks
    Linda

• Advertisement
Advertisement