Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm problem

Options
  • 26-07-2013 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Thought I was going crazy yesterday and today ...my house alarm arms as normal but the front door contact seems to be left out of the loop as in the alarm arms but I can open and close the door without setting off the alarm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Vego wrote: »
    Hey all,

Thought I was going crazy yesterday and today ...my house alarm arms as normal but the front door contact seems to be left out of the loop as in the alarm arms but I can open and close the door without setting off the alarm

Open the door while the alarm is set and give the sensor on the frame a good tap .
    Probably the reed sticking

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hey all,

Could be either the cable or the reed on the sensor itself.
    If you can open the sensor and open the alarm loop does it now show open on the control panel?
    If so it is the sensor that needs to be replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

nope didnt work evolution....thanks anyway

nope didnt work ....thanks anyway

What did you try?

not the magnet the part on the frame .

Did you install the alarm yourself ?

• Advertisement

Evolution1 wrote: »
    not the magnet the part on the frame .

Did you install the alarm yourself ?

Is this a HKC alarm with a wireless quikbridge and wireless sensors ?

hkc ...fixed sensors ...installed by boyne ......I did a partset a and left the door open ...usually wont arm but it did :S

hkc ...fixed sensors ...installed by boyne ......I did a partset a and left the door open ...usually wont arm but it did :S

It sounds like the contact needs replacing. It should close when the door is closed and open when the door is open. If it is randomly working this is known as a sticky contact and needs to be replaced.

was working untill the other day no problems ......anyway to tell if the wife might have pressed a random combination of buttons to "turn" the door off ?

was working untill the other day no problems ......anyway to tell if the wife might have pressed a random combination of buttons to "turn" the door off ?

It could only be done in engineer mode. I would say it is the sensor itself. Very easy to replace yourself without engineer access to the panel.

• Advertisement

Right got that fixed .....I unscrewed the contact from the door ....did the aul tightening the wires and blowing on it trick ...stuck it back on and now its working

Thanks for the advice chaps

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Keep an eye on it. For the sake of a contact I'd be replacing it.

cool where "retail" would I find spare parts ...extra contact ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Any of the suppliers listed in the sticky.

Cheers man

I reopened and took off the contact ...and the red wire was corroded had too strip it down ...set of the tamper alarm a few times ....will that void my insurance if I got robbed and they looked at alarm history ?

I reopened and took off the contact ...and the red wire was corroded had too strip it down ...set of the tamper alarm a few times ....will that void my insurance if I got robbed and they looked at alarm history ?

In most cases if the log was requested then it would be just to check if the alarm was set at the time of an incident. All depends on the insurance company plus what standard your claiming the alarm to be. If EN50131, then the alarm needs to be serviced every year. If working alarm, then it just needs to be in working condition. A call to your insurance company will sort this for you.

Advertisement