Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Risco Alarm - wont arm

Options
  • 26-07-2013 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭

Would anyone know anything about this alarm - its a relatives of mine - I have no owner or installer manual.

Installed not too long ago - one of the PIR batteries went and was replaced - this now and all other shock sensors seem fine (red lights light anyway) - but when you try arm it, it says a movement sensor is not contactable and a Red fault light comes on...

I dont know the model - and cannot find it on their website - it just has RISCO on the front.

- it says Beam Hall Lost , but the owner claims there was never one in the hall - only PIR I can find is in another downstairs room where we replaced the battery - when I remove the cover on this PIR it comes up with a tamper on the main panel - so it seems to be seeing that one.

Any ideas? Thanks...

264294.JPG

“Roll it back”

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

ozmo wrote: »
    Would anyone know anything about this alarm - its a relatives of mine - I have no owner or installer manual.

Installed not too long ago - one of the PIR batteries went and was replaced - this now and all other shock sensors seem fine (red lights light anyway) - but when you try arm it, it says a movement sensor is not contactable and a Red fault light comes on...

I dont know the model - and cannot find it on their website - it just has RISCO on the front.

- it says Beam Hall Lost , but the owner claims there was never one in the hall - only PIR I can find is in another downstairs room where we replaced the battery - when I remove the cover on this PIR it comes up with a tamper on the main panel - so it seems to be seeing that one.

Any ideas? Thanks...

264294.JPG

Have you walk tested the alarm?
    Do you know what is on zone 2?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Its telling you Zone 2, which is the beam in the hall is lost.
    Had it been showing low battery prior to this fault?
    Do you have engineer access to this panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭ozmo

altor wrote: »
    Have you walk tested the alarm?
    Do you know what is on zone 2?

Hi, I have installed alarms a long time ago - but only Aritech alarms.

I am not familiar with this alarm panel at all.
    User (a relation) knows how to arm and disarm it - and thats all she was told.

Would anyone have a manual - or know how to enter engineer menus on it (hopefully its still set to default one) - its not a very intuitive panel at all.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Its telling you Zone 2, which is the beam in the hall is lost.
    Had it been showing low battery prior to this fault?
    Do you have engineer access to this panel?

Not even a manual :/

But hopefully its still on default engineer code if anyone knows it...

Only thing is there is NO beam sensor in the hall at all - just one shock sensor.
    All the sensors I can find in the house light up a red led when you tap them - and cause a tamper when you remove their covers. If I had engineer access I could walk test or disable this sensor if its gone missing somehow.

Anyone know what this panel is - or where to get a manual - Thanks :)

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DGMB

Anyone having problems with the IP card on Risco LightSys2. I can't get into the menu, GSM & Cloud no probs, just can't get the IP going, any ideas? Think it might be a flash fault, Thanks.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You haven't disabled IP in controls by any chance?

• Advertisement

No I haven't disabled it at all. I'm getting 3 led's on the IP card, Red Yellow & green. Had the panel powered down, plugged on card, with a working LAN in it. Went to automatically install, it found the card, ID'd as an IPC2, went to comms, selected IP, then....not a dicky bird. The panel firmware was originally 3.2 but was flashed to 5.- the latest version. Have tried this on 2 different lightsys2 & used 2 different IP cards....lost

Have you tried on another panel with 3.2.
    Maybe the IP card needs to be updated to work with the newer firmware.

Hi KK, I think I might have explained it better under a new post in home security sec called 'IP card for risco lightsys2 faults' and yes one of those panels was Ver 3.2,
    Ta!

Advertisement