Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Championship, Division 1 and 2 and Conference

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Sickened to bottom of my stomach that Steve Evans will be managing in The Championship next season. The guy should be in jail for what he did to Boston United a few seasons back. I hope the Forest fans give him hell when he brings Rotherham to the City Ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

grenache wrote: »
    Sickened to bottom of my stomach that Steve Evans will be managing in The Championship next season. The guy should be in jail for what he did to Boston United a few seasons back. I hope the Forest fans give him hell when he brings Rotherham to the City Ground.

yeah he is beyond shady. He really should be nowhere near a football club. He also always comes across as so smug. I will take satisfaction when he is sacked come christmas with them bottom of the championship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

grenache wrote: »

True. He is one of my most hated people in football.

Still rather he get promoted than Orient though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Northampton had a man at the play offs yesterday, kind of anyway. Zander Diamond who spent last few months of season at the Cobblers on loan and has now signed permanent deal got a run for Burton yesterday. He's a quality, solid defender so I'm surprised Burton let him go, particularly if they still needed to call on him off the bench.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Northampton had a man at the play offs yesterday, kind of anyway. Zander Diamond who spent last few months of season at the Cobblers on loan and has now signed permanent deal got a run for Burton yesterday. He's a quality, solid defender so I'm surprised Burton let him go, particularly if they still needed to call on him off the bench.

Is that the guy who was playing up in Scotland with Dundee United (I think)? I thought he always looked impressive whenever I saw him. I'm surprised he didn't make it at a higher level like the Championship. I could have the wrong player though!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

He was up in Scotland for a long time. Think he played at Aberdeen?

Beefy78 wrote: »
    He was up in Scotland for a long time. Think he played at Aberdeen?

Yeah Aberdeen, one of the main reasons we managed to stay up, could play above our level, and Burton must have strength in depth there to let him go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

Amazed at all the anti Qpr stuff on here. Makes Saturday all the sweeter.

Qprmeath wrote: »
    Amazed at all the anti Qpr stuff on here. Makes Saturday all the sweeter.

Hmm, the last twentyish posts haven't mentioned them but still.

Anyway, your chairman might have a few more bob to give to Redknapp if the initial rumours of him trying to sell Caterham are true, though it's being denied officially.

As a non fan of theirs, I was hoping you were going to revert back to a more traditional club badge, but is same again next season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭WilyCoyote

They will just need to wait until QPR get relegated, it can offer the pay up or get expelled from the league ultimatum. That or a hefty points deduction.
    Harsh on Derby,they were by far the better team .
    QPR offered nothing for the whole match and scored with their first attempt on target ,pretty woeful stuff from a club with such a huge wage bill.
    COYVB wrote: »
    They're out of business if they get relegated. They now owe the football league 55m if they want to play in it again. If not, relegation would send them to the first non football league league that'll take them.

Gonna be a serious mess caused here
    Wilberto wrote: »
    I feel another Portsmouth coming on. It was the same manager too! He's trying to destroy clubs one by one.

Stop reading the back few pages of The Sun.

Wilberto, have a look at Rednap's form. That speaks for itself. An East End boy with a street-wise attitude to the movers and shakers. The underneath is an extract from Wiki. I think the data is correct. If wrong, please let us know!

Mod edit: Articles from media outlets, wiki etc are to be linked with only an opening line or paragraph to be displayed in the forum.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056565895

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

WilyCoyote wrote: »
    Wilberto, have a look at Rednap's form. That speaks for itself. An East End boy with a street-wise attitude to the movers and shakers. The underneath is an extract from Wiki. I think the data is correct. If wrong, please let us know!

Sorry! What I forgot to mention in my post was that my tongue was placed firmly in my cheek while posting it!!

:P :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭WilyCoyote

Wilberto wrote: »
    Sorry! What I forgot to mention in my post was that my tongue was placed firmly in my cheek while posting it!!

:P :D:D

All is forgiven Wilberto. Another closet QPR fan! You know, I suspected all along that some of these QPR railers were secret fans.

Now I'm convinced :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

#mammadov

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

WilyCoyote wrote: »
    Stop reading the back few pages of The Sun.

Thankfully I'm about 3,500 miles away from the nearest copy.

Hereford have been expelled from the Conference, sad day for them. Couldn't meet financial regulations, or even get close to them apparently. Not sure what will happen there now, doubt a phoenix club will come out of it all, but hopefully we haven't seen the last of Hereford United.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hereford have been expelled from the Conference, sad day for them. Couldn't meet financial regulations, or even get close to them apparently. Not sure what will happen there now, doubt a phoenix club will come out of it all, but hopefully we haven't seen the last of Hereford United.

Chester have been re-instated so good for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'd imagine a Phoenix club will come about. The people will need a club.

mike65 wrote: »
    Chester have been re-instated so good for them.

Yep, and Hayes and Yeading stay in Conference South.

Went to their old ground in Hayes a few times, brother had his wedding reception in their clubhouse so have a soft spot for them.

Advertisement