Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The worst customer service I have ever experienced.

Options
  • 26-07-2013 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭

I am completely puzzled on how an organisation of Eircom's size can be perform so incredibly poorly in trying to set up a single order. Over the past two and a half months, I have been continually frustrated with the response I have face while simply trying to get eFibre installed. 

In early May, an Eircom agent came to our door (in Letterkenny) and persuaded us to sign up for eFibre which he assured us would be "up and running within a maximum of 2 to 3 weeks as this is a preorder", and that I would get a call from him within the next 2-3 days to let me know an install date. He took my bank account details and filled out all the information he would need to process an order. I was told that I would be switched direct from Smart (who I have never had a moments bother with), and would be on an unlimited eFibre package for €40 a month.

Over a week later I called the agent as I had heard nothing, and was told that he was going to speak to the engineers that day and would let me know when I was due to be installed. This was the last I heard from the agent, as he stopped answering his mobile, yet was still driving around in an Eircom van.

I eventually rang your customer services and was told that no order had been placed against me, my address, or my telephone number. So now not only is there an Eircom agent just driving around with my bank account details and not doing anything with them, I have to place a new order. 

I gave up and had to place an order for Eircom home broadband as I was told I could not migrate to eFibre directly from Smart. This was in early June. I placed the order and waited to get word that I had been switched over.eircom home broadband as I was told I could not migrate to eFibre directly from Smart. This was in early June. I placed the order and waited to get word that I had been switched over.

Since then, I have had to put a FURTHER 2 orders through just to try and get onto eircom home broadband, and was told each time that my previous order was "cancelled due to a difference in the way smart numbers are set up". I never once received word of these "cancellations", and it was left to me to continually call eircom back to find out what was going on. Eircom has me on recordings three times placing the order and agreeing to transfer my home phone and broadband to eircom, and I am still no closer to getting installed with eFibre. I have received two letters welcoming me to eircom and only actually moved over in the last 3 days.  

To top it all off, my internet is now down for its third day running (big surprise), and when I spoke to support, was first told that I didn't even have broadband!, then told that my internet was down due to "essential maintenance in the area", and then when I spoke to the eFibre team to attempt to place yet another order, was queried why I was trying to order on a cancelled number.

I am assuming that seeing as it is still down, that it is going to be down for the weekend.

Can you explain how an order can get lost three separate time, not one staff member even thinks to read the information in my account file (as this is all recorded), as then the first 3 days on the new contract I have no internet at all? 

Can you explain how a couple of days after signing up, a friend of mine who is less that half a mile away was able to place an order and was set up within two weeks, and yet I can't even downgrade to eircom home broadband within two and a half months? 

Can you explain why eircom agents are aloud to take orders and cancel them without once contacting the customer involved?

Can you explain why I have to continually call eircom to get you to do your jobs, and then you turn around and don't do them anyway? All this, by the way, having added up to over two and a half hours on the phone so far, and over €25 in credit.

Finally, can you explain why I should even consider moving to eircom, when I have I have received nothing short of appalling customer service over nearly a three month period, and have yet to even get connected?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

I am completely puzzled on how an organisation of Eircom's size can be perform so incredibly poorly in trying to set up a single order. Over the past two and a half months, I have been continually frustrated with the response I have face while simply trying to get eFibre installed. In early May, an Eircom agent came to our door (in Letterkenny) and persuaded us to sign up for eFibre which he assured us would be "up and running within a maximum of 2 to 3 weeks as this is a preorder", and that I would get a call from him within the next 2-3 days to let me know an install date. He took my bank account details and filled out all the information he would need to process an order. I was told that I would be switched direct from Smart (who I have never had a moments bother with), and would be on an unlimited eFibre package for €40 a month.Over a week later I called the agent as I had heard nothing, and was told that he was going to speak to the engineers that day and would let me know when I was due to be installed. This was the last I heard from the agent, as he stopped answering his mobile, yet was still driving around in an Eircom van.I eventually rang your customer services and was told that no order had been placed against me, my address, or my telephone number. So now not only is there an Eircom agent just driving around with my bank account details and not doing anything with them, I have to place a new order. I gave up and had to place an order for Eircom home broadband as I was told I could not migrate to eFibre directly from Smart. This was in early June. I placed the order and waited to get word that I had been switched over.eircom home broadband as I was told I could not migrate to eFibre directly from Smart. This was in early June. I placed the order and waited to get word that I had been switched over.Since then, I have had to put a FURTHER 2 orders through just to try and get onto eircom home broadband, and was told each time that my previous order was "cancelled due to a difference in the way smart numbers are set up". I never once received word of these "cancellations", and it was left to me to continually call eircom back to find out what was going on. Eircom has me on recordings three times placing the order and agreeing to transfer my home phone and broadband to eircom, and I am still no closer to getting installed with eFibre. I have received two letters welcoming me to eircom and only actually moved over in the last 3 days. To top it all off, my internet is now down for its third day running (big surprise), and when I spoke to support, was first told that I didn't even have broadband!, then told that my internet was down due to "essential maintenance in the area", and then when I spoke to the eFibre team to attempt to place yet another order, was queried why I was trying to order on a cancelled number.I am assuming that seeing as it is still down, that it is going to be down for the weekend.Can you explain how an order can get lost three separate time, not one staff member even thinks to read the information in my account file (as this is all recorded), as then the first 3 days on the new contract I have no internet at all? Can you explain how a couple of days after signing up, a friend of mine who is less that half a mile away was able to place an order and was set up within two weeks, and yet I can't even downgrade to eircom home broadband within two and a half months? Can you explain why eircom agents are aloud to take orders and cancel them without once contacting the customer involved?Can you explain why I have to continually call eircom to get you to do your jobs, and then you turn around and don't do them anyway? All this, by the way, having added up to over two and a half hours on the phone so far, and over €25 in credit.Finally, can you explain why I should even consider moving to eircom, when I have I have received nothing short of appalling customer service over nearly a three month period, and have yet to even get connected?
    [font=Times New Roman", "serif]Hi colonel_yum_yum, [/font]

[font=Times New Roman", "serif] [/font]

[font=Times New Roman", "serif]I am very sorry to hear of the issues you have had in coming back to us for Fibre. Please accept my apologises.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman", "serif]I understand this must be very frustrating for you.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman", "serif]Would you like to DM me your details and I will look into this for you and hopefully be able to help? [/font]

[font=Times New Roman", "serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Times New Roman", "serif]Tracey[/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭colonel-yum-yum

PM sent.

PM sent.
    Thank you, I will come back to you by PM soon.

Thanks

Tracey

Can someone please update me on this issue. I was told last week that I would have an update on when to expect my order to be completed and I still have heard nothing.

Hi,

The broadband service has now been activated.

Thanks

Tracey

• Advertisement

Thank you, Tracey.

Now, 3 months after  placing an order for eFibre....I can place an order for eFibre.

As discussed by PM, I will contact the billing department about the bill I received for service I was not being given, and make them aware that it is not going to be paid.

I will count this issue as closed when I eventually get eFibre activated.

Can I follow up on this and confirm if an order has been processed for eFibre? 

I requested Tracey process this order as urgent and have not yet heard back. Just in case she is unavailable today, this needs to be processed today.

Can someone please update me on this, as I am still no further and need this sorted immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 gillian147

Shocking how a company can get away with this. Going through similar at moment. 

Have you contacted them on here, Gillian? 

I have found the representatives here to be helpful, but the problem lies in the fact that they have to go through several different departments to get any kind of answer, each of which has no clue what the others are doing, or give completely different information.

• Advertisement

Have you contacted them on here, Gillian? 

I have found the representatives here to be helpful, but the problem lies in the fact that they have to go through several different departments to get any kind of answer, each of which has no clue what the others are doing, or give completely different information.

Hi,

I have sent you a PM there.

Thanks

Tracey

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Its no wonder the company are losing money hand over fist with years. This is shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭David Jones

Please take the time to write or phone Comreg, the national consumer agency and the department of communications. If you have twitter, use it to update these people on the utter disgrace of a company that Eircom are.
    I have been waiting 72 days for a clear and concise answer as to why I haven't got a landline and broadband installed as per my order in April and when I can expect to be connected.

Customer Service Helpdesk,
    Department of Communications, Energy and Natural Resources,
    Elm House,
    Earlsvale Road,
    Cavan.

Tel: 01 6782070

LoCall: 1890 44 99 00 (Note that the rates charged for the use of the 1890 number may vary among different service providers)

ComReg Consumer Management
    Commission for Communications Regulation

Abbey Court Irish Life Centre Lower Abbey Street Dublin 1 Ireland
    Telephone 01 804 9668 / 1890 229 668
    Fax 01 804 9680
    Email consumerline@comreg.ie

At a minimum contact above, Eircom needs a complete restructuring and the removal of its line installation monopoly. They are a disgrace.

Advertisement