Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Van Der Elst - Ireland

• 26-07-2013 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica]Hi All,[/FONT]

I have 2 queries regarding applying for Van Der Elst to Ireland.

I am Indian citizen & I have a valid Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer (ICT) visa to work in UK.
    And, I do not have any UK resident card.

Now, I want to apply for Van Der Elst visa for Ireland.

I referred the following link & I have mentioned those points that are confusing me below.

Kindly shed some light if I am eligible for applying for Van Der Elst to come to Ireland from UK.

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica]http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP13000007[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica]Requirements:[/FONT]
    (d) [FONT=Verdana, Helvetica]Residence/ID card issued by the sending EU country.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica]Not eligible:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Helvetica](ii) [FONT=Verdana, Helvetica]Holder of an Intra Company Transfer.[/FONT][/FONT]

Thanks
    Ram

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

Just to clarify the company you work for in the UK want to send you to work in the Irish office for a period of less than 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ramkris

Yes, exactly.
    The UK company that I work for now wants me to send to a client location in Ireland...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

As the issue could be complex due to your lack of residency card in the UK, it would be best for your company to seek the advice of their Solicitor, who in turn could seek the advice of an Irish Solicitor.

If it is for a short trip a business visa may be a better bet, but any good immigration solicitor could answer once they have all the facts.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Short%20Stay%20Business,%20Conference%20or%20Performance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

Then you're not eligible.

Then, is there any alternative document that I can submit instead of resident card???

Also, does my Intra Company Transfer in UK also restricts me to get a VDE to Ireland???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

OP why do you think you might be eligible, contrary to the requirements you posted?

@Cody: Because initially my company & client thought that might be possible...
    But on going thru the requirements I am getting some doubts hence posted it...
    I am going to talk to my company...
    Thanks ppl...

Advertisement