Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway nightlife

Options
  • 26-07-2013 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi

I'm bringing some relatives to Galway from this Sunday to Tuesday. I know the races start on Monday. I want to bring them out on Sunday and Monday night. Does anyone know of any late bars/clubs open those nights. Will the city be dead that early in the week?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

City will be relatively busy all week.. Depends on if it's an early or evening meeting as to when the pubs and restaurants etc will be busy.. A lot of city centre bars will be open until two each night, check their individual facebook or website pages for information as there is too much going on to list here..

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

It will be busy everywhere, it already is due to the Arts Fest.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah no worries, just make your way down to Shop Street (city centre) and there'll be plenty to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 hopefullegal

Thanks everyone, we'll be there from around 8 on Sunday evening.

I was thinking Karma on Sunday night and Front Door Monday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Karma offer large discounts to people who work in bars and restaurants on a Sunday night so its usually quite busy. Monday is race week so everywhere will probably be busy. I like the front door but sometimes it gets so packed that you can barely move, I doubt it'll be that busy on Monday but it won't be empty either so is day its a good choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 jwalsh1980

All the pubs in Galway will be open until 2am this week. You have loads of lovely bars in the so called Latin Quarter of the city. Front Door, Ti Neachtains, quays bar to name but a few.

Advertisement