Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up a Market Stall?

Options
  • 26-07-2013 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hiya

I just wondering how long it takes to set up a stall is there a waiting list and If so how long I need to wait? I would like set up a stall with clothes / jewellery and some gift , basically in Dublin City Centre near spire.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Does it have to be the city centre? Here is a very popular market in Dublin 8, it's not too far away from city centre:

http://www.dublinfood.coop/drupal/?q=node/27

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

There is no casual trading area for stalls at the Spire. There is one flower seller there who has been there for years, but that's about it. Moore St would be the nearest spot where you could set up your own stall. Stalls are only allowed on Henry St at Christmas time. You'd have to apply to Dublin City Council for a casual trading license. Details & contact info here. If you give them a ring, I'm sure they'd be able to tell you how long the process takes.

http://www.dublincity.ie/recreationandculture/casualtradinglicence/Pages/default.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Igor2155

ProudDUB wrote: »
    There is no casual trading area for stalls at the Spire. There is one flower seller there who has been there for years, but that's about it. Moore St would be the nearest spot where you could set up your own stall. Stalls are only allowed on Henry St at Christmas time. You'd have to apply to Dublin City Council for a casual trading license. Details & contact info here. If you give them a ring, I'm sure they'd be able to tell you how long the process takes.

http://www.dublincity.ie/recreationandculture/casualtradinglicence/Pages/default.aspx

Thanks but today when I was in DcityCentre I saw 7 stalls or even more on one of the minor street near the spire
    So how they could set up now a stall ?

Igor2155 wrote: »
    Thanks but today when I was in DcityCentre I saw 7 stalls or even more on one of the minor street near the spire
    So how they could set up now a stall ?

The street you're talking about is probably Moore St., which is what ProudDub already mentioned. It wouldn't really be considered as "near the spire", in as much as it's sort of a landmark of it's own accord.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Igor2155

Yes it's Moore St but they didn't require a special time period to set up a stall aren't they? So it seems that only place where u can set up a stall is this street gosh I imagine a waiting list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Piriz

Hi Igor,

I think if your a good starting point would be smaller markets around the city...go from there... if you sign up for the dublin event guide you'll get a list of all the markets running each week... (you'll get lots more into too and its free)

Advertisement