Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baltinglass Exchange (co.wicklow) What the hell is with this exchange?

Options
  • 26-07-2013 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi Thread Viewers,

Today I was told that a test was run on the broadband connection to baltinglass exchange as I tried to install a landline broadband connection at home with vodofone. Basically I was told that they could not install my broadband because our exchange was not suited to broadband? Seriously what in the name of god is going on? I work in IT and I need a good connection with good Usage as I used virtual and terminal servers and the usage limit I have with a dongle simply does not meet my needs both for work and family! In this day and age every part of this country should have a broadband connection and to be told not to simply is not acceptable and a disgrace! I have posted this here as eircom run this exchange and I (and others) would like to know what the hell is going on with this exchange or is it just a derlict building which adds to the value of assests that eircom has with no true meaning or service? Please reply to this matter! 

Kind Regards,
    James.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭domeld

Hi James,

If You pm your phone number I will check if this is true.
    I'm not working for eircom etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi Thread Viewers,Today I was told that a test was run on the broadband connection to baltinglass exchange as I tried to install a landline broadband connection at home with vodofone. Basically I was told that they could not install my broadband because our exchange was not suited to broadband? Seriously what in the name of god is going on? I work in IT and I need a good connection with good Usage as I used virtual and terminal servers and the usage limit I have with a dongle simply does not meet my needs both for work and family! In this day and age every part of this country should have a broadband connection and to be told not to simply is not acceptable and a disgrace! I have posted this here as eircom run this exchange and I (and others) would like to know what the hell is going on with this exchange or is it just a derlict building which adds to the value of assests that eircom has with no true meaning or service? Please reply to this matter! Kind Regards,James.
    Hi James,

Would you like to DM me your details and I will look into this for you?

Thanks

Tracey

Advertisement