Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up a Direct Debit

Options
  • 26-07-2013 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hi (if this is in the wrong place or wrongly posted, please delete!)
    I've recently gotten my first bout of car insurance and I'm havig a tough time setting up a direct debit. I've filled out a running credit agreement and have been told that my bank details are "active" but do i now need to fill in a direct debit mandate to give to my bank or is it good to go? I've literally just found the Direct Debit Instruction form in a pile of letters and my payment's due to be taken on Tues. Is it too late and will I default payment without it?
    Excuse stupid questions, this is my first try at setting up a direct debit. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Two ways of setting up a DD.

1. Fill out a DD mandate form and give it back to the company you're setting it up with (not the bank).

2. Give the company your account details and ask them to set it up. This is done with a system called Originator Plus.

If you've already given the insurance company your details, they're probably doing an OP job on it and you can sit back and relax.

Advertisement