Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to buy used cars in Wex?

Options
  • 26-07-2013 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭

Hi All

I'm looking to buy a car over the next few weeks, spend about €3k or so, any suggestions on where i can buy used cars in the county?

Can only think of Byrnes in Gorey and the place in Ballyedmond at the mo - any suggestions welcome :)

Thanks
    Wexy :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭hypersonic

Wexy86 wrote: »
    Hi All

I'm looking to buy a car over the next few weeks, spend about €3k or so, any suggestions on where i can buy used cars in the county?

Can only think of Byrnes in Gorey and the place in Ballyedmond at the mo - any suggestions welcome :)

Thanks
    Wexy :D

Dublin is your best bet, you only buy in wexford if you've no choice and the garages know it, so no chance of a good deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

I wouldn't be expecting much choice for E3000 TBH and I wouldn't be as cynical as the last poster. I made an excellent purchase in Boggan's, car came fully serviced, NCT and valeted for a reasonable price. Car ran for five years with absolutely no expenditure apart from the usual and I traded it in for about 70% of what I paid for it.
    Try Carzone or CBG for a list of dealers by county and see what they have to offer.
    Also, with the new reg this month, this is a good time to ask main dealers about trade cars, they'll be looking to offload them so get in early before the trade buyers snap them up. These are the cars the public will be paying hundreds more for from small dealers for after they've had a wash and brush up. If you don't know anything about cars it's a good idea to pay a mechanic to give it a once over, cheaper in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

Done Deal, 3k should get you something decent in the 04-06 range with an N C T

there are 103 cars for sale in wexford between 2000 and 3000 euros all 2004 and newer,

if service and initial inspection are an issue I would recommend that you find a local mechanic rather than going through a dealership, get the mechanic to inspect anything you are seriously interested in, he/she will give you a more unbiassed report.

what part of the county are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Or carzone.ie using their filter for Wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

done deal is a wexford company tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Tzar Chasm wrote: »
    done deal is a wexford company tho

So? Can the op not search carzone for cars for sale in Wex? It makes no difference really.

Advertisement