Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent TSB PPI refunds

• 26-07-2013 8:20pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was told a couple of months ago by letter that I will be receiving a refund for PPI paid on a loan a few years ago. I haven't heard anything since, and was wondering if anyone else who is due a refund from PTSB has heard back yet with how much they are being refunded?

I have requested a review with MBNA/Avant card also as I know I shouldn't have being paying PPI, so they are looking into this. Had a letter from AIB ages ago, but not heard a thing back from them since!

I would just like to know what PTSB are going to offer me!! I'm hoping its enough for a week in thee sun ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭zone 1

I got letter back in nov 12 rang a few time could not get true . then 2 weeks ago rang again spoke to some lady she told that there were letters going out in 2 weeks time but have not got one so i dont no what to do. ill prob try ring them tomorrow to see is there any update.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

zone 1 wrote: »
    I got letter back in nov 12 rang a few time could not get true . then 2 weeks ago rang again spoke to some lady she told that there were letters going out in 2 weeks time but have not got one so i dont no what to do. ill prob try ring them tomorrow to see is there any update.

I rang them on Thursday. The lady said that they are behind as the calculator they devised wasn't approved by the central bank and they have to now have redo them and have them checked. She couldn't give me a timeframe though :( I am not expecting it to be this side of Christmas at this rate! Raging, I was hoping to have it by Sept so we could go on hols, but no chance now :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

good news! I received a letter today with the amount I am being refunded. I am happy enough with it, anything is better than nothing!

Now all I need to do is wait to hear back from AIB!

I am reporting AvantCard to the ombudsman as they are saying I'm not entitled to a refund! Ok, whatever!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭zone 1

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    good news! I received a letter today with the amount I am being refunded. I am happy enough with it, anything is better than nothing!

Now all I need to do is wait to hear back from AIB!

I am reporting AvantCard to the ombudsman as they are saying I'm not entitled to a refund! Ok, whatever!

great news for you.

im still waiting ill let you no if i get a letter spend well..........

zone1

zone 1 wrote: »
    great news for you.

im still waiting ill let you no if i get a letter spend well..........

zone1

my loan was for about a year, so its not a huge refund, but enough for a week or two in the sun...;)
    I was part of the 2007 review, which is the first batch of reviews they were doing, so if you were that year you will hear soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Got an offer from EBS to settle a claim for mis selling if mortgage payment protection insurance. Should I reject the first offer?

Arciphel wrote: »
    Got an offer from EBS to settle a claim for mis selling if mortgage payment protection insurance. Should I reject the first offer?

not sure, if you think it should be more & have the information to back it up, then no harm asking them to review it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mamog

I am very confused about all this ppi refund discussion. How do you go about checking if you may be entitled to a refund?

How does one find out if they may be due a refund of mortgage protection plan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Mamog wrote: »
    I am very confused about all this ppi refund discussion. How do you go about checking if you may be entitled to a refund?

How does one find out if they may be due a refund of mortgage protection plan?

The Central Bank has ordered the banks to investigate any cases where it is possible that people were missold PPI. If you qualify, your bank will have written to you by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

My bank never wrote to me, and they themselves have admitted there were irregularities in the policy and offered me a refund. Don't sit back and wait for these institutions to contact you, make the first move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

I just received news today from PTSB that I am due a refund. I have the option of taking a refund or continuing the policy. Should I take the refund and start a new policy, does that make most sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 irishrob35

I had a mortage with permanent tsb and I was paying ppi and life insurance I was wondering would I be entitled to claim a refund from one of these my mortage my mortage finished nearly 2 yrs ago and would like some advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

irishrob35 wrote: »
    I had a mortage with permanent tsb and I was paying ppi and life insurance I was wondering would I be entitled to claim a refund from one of these my mortage my mortage finished nearly 2 yrs ago and would like some advice

You'd need to ring the bank and see. PPI refunds are only applicable if you were missold. The lender is the only one who'll be able to tell you that.

Advertisement