Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Band Recommendations?

Options
  • 26-07-2013 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭

Getting married next year and wondering if anyone can recommend some good wedding bands. Wedding is in Darver castle so if anyone knows any good wedding bands from Fingal please let us know :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Fatscally

I just saw a band called The Harleys for the first time last week. They're playing the Silver Granite on saturday 3 weeks.
    I like them a lot but then their choice of music was all mine too. Rock guitars all the way.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Harleys/129045647146094

• Registered Users Posts: 18 XXVII

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Not fingal but Electric Avenue (I think that's their name) from Drogheda are brilliant! They played our friends wedding.

There was a band playing Seamus Ennis summerfest few weeks ago, I believe they play Duffy's in Malahide a lot and are from round there, they would be pretty funky for a wedding too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭ryaner1979

sNarah wrote: »
    Not fingal but Electric Avenue (I think that's their name) from Drogheda are brilliant! They played our friends wedding.

There was a band playing Seamus Ennis summerfest few weeks ago, I believe they play Duffy's in Malahide a lot and are from round there, they would be pretty funky for a wedding too!

Was it Moog 69?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

That's them!
    I said to my friends during the gig that I'd hire them for my imaginary wedding ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭clunked

Was at a wedding some weeks ago and I thought the band was excellent. Great music and had the place hopping. Midnight sounds, recommended!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

The Great Escape are excellent

http://www.thegreatescape.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭ryaner1979

Thanks for all the suggetions and pm's so far. Will be checking out a few of them over the next few weeks. Any other suggestions welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭missgroovy21

Alot of wedding bands are booked out 18months in advance. Id get on this asap. try this website

https://www.facebook.com/WeddingBandCalendar

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭andylennon11

Anyone hear of the skyboyz wedding band in Athlone and any reviews?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Cats.Whiskers

Friend of mine had Catch 22 for her wedding (in 2010), I thought they were really good, loud rocky band possibly not to everyones taste but young and old were all up dancing.

They also supply the DJ end as one member of the band becomes a dj after their set and this was included in her price.

It's hard to choose a band I suggest pick one that you like because your never goin to please anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Just heard a snippet of The Hitmen and they are excellent. The lead singer is formerly of NRG a popular band around N.C.D a few years back.

I would agree with cats whiskers get a band you and your partner like as you wont please them all. I had a band called Paper chase at mine and they were excellent. Nice sound and all good musicians. Played a great mix from Country, light rock and pop and were good crack.

Advertisement