Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blog making- Tips and tricks

Options
  • 26-07-2013 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi there!
    I'm here to ask you for the best way to make a blog these days,
    doesn't have to be the easiest way or the most popular but any suggestions are welcome!
    I just would like it to be very customizable !

Also what are the ways of making your blog popular ?
    I have a good idea for one but there is propably more to it than that! ?

THANKS, ~~
    Levi
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,891 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

What sort of features are you looking for?

Some people will say "Wordpress is the ONLY option" - but that's bollox. It's a good option - provided you are either happy enough with a yourBlogName.wordpress.com address, or you have enough technical nous to make sure that your Wordpress installation and and plugins you use are kept up to date. This is extremely important because Wordpress is so widely used that it's a prime target for hackers now.

Blogger is another option. It can be highly customizable - but you can also get started very quickly and easily. Personally I've used it a lot, and am happy with it. You'll find people telling you that it's inflexible (it's not), that your blog may be deleted without warning (only if you're a spammer).

Re promotions ... it really depends on what your blog is. There is no magic formula.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 RobGJ

I've used both blogger and WordPress for blogging and I think WordPress is the better of the two. As Mrs OBumblebee pointed out WordPress is a bit more of an involved process but nothing too major and worth the extra efforts for the results it yields.

As for how to make a blog popular and promote it, well, that's harder than getting set up on WordPress ;) The first thing required is deciding who you want to read your blog and once you've established that the ways to promote your blog can be considered more fully. Who do you want to read your blog?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭dgerryd

I have worked on both also, and my honest opinion is wordpress is by far superior especially if with a self hosted domain here is a link to an introduction video for wordpress if you want I can give you a whole training course for wordpress if you want I have a lot of stuff I bought over the years on an external hard drive here is the overview of the wordpress course reply if you want the rest. there free http://goo.gl/EzFQ28

• Registered Users Posts: 25,891 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

dgerryd wrote: »
    I have worked on both also, and my honest opinion is wordpress is by far superior

... because???

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kenn1thlotts

I think Wordpress is the good option to start a blog. It is having a high Page Rank nd have good impact on SERP rankings.

recntly I have created several blogs for the same keyword of my site using blogspot wordpress, etc. But out of all wordpress comes to the top of them on SERP.

• Advertisement
Advertisement