Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO Offers and whatnot...

• 26-07-2013 10:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hey everyone, I posted this in the FETAC forum but no one is sure, LC students are usually more in the know with CAO offers and the rest. If I accept a place given to me in the FETAC round (Say my 5th choice) on August first, can I then be offered a place higher then 5th choice during the LC round of offers and accept it? If ya catch my drift... :) round zero is mostly Uni's and ive applied for mostly IT's...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

Yes you can, as mentioned in CAO sticky
    Later offers for higher preference

If you are being offered a place in a course which is not your first preference, you may subsequently be offered a place in a course of higher preference if such a place becomes available.

This applies whether or not the earlier offer has been accepted. It is NOT necessary to accept an offer in order to be considered for a higher preference if it becomes available later. There is no guarantee, of course, that a higher preference will become available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭92Grainne1992

Probably should read that, thanks :)

Advertisement