Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clifden coach parking?

Options
  • 26-07-2013 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭

Is there any place to park a 50 seater coach in Clifden for an hour or two, with reasonable walking distance to the town centre?
    Thanks for any info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

CiniO wrote: »
    Is there any place to park a 50 seater coach in Clifden for an hour or two, with reasonable walking distance to the town centre?
    Thanks for any info.
    There is a council owned bus parking area beside the fire station on the Galway road. its just a couple of hundred metres away from the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

jjf1974 wrote: »
    There is a council owned bus parking area beside the fire station on the Galway road. its just a couple of hundred metres away from the town.

Thanks.
    I found it.
    It's bit stupid, because to enter it you need a card which you can obtain on petrol stations or tourist office.
    So I stopped in front of the gate, let passenger off, and run myself to get a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

Thanks.
    I found it.
    It's bit stupid, because to enter it you need a card which you can obtain on petrol stations or tourist office.
    So I stopped in front of the gate, let passenger off, and run myself to get a ticket.
    I knew there was a barrier ,I did not know where you needed to go to get a ticket. I suppose if there was no barrier it would end up being used as a car park ,a campsite or a temporary halting site.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

jjf1974 wrote: »
    I knew there was a barrier ,I did not know where you needed to go to get a ticket. I suppose if there was no barrier it would end up being used as a car park ,a campsite or a temporary halting site.

Very true.
    On the other hand - anyone could run into one of those places to get a card. They don't verify if you are bus driver...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Very true.
    On the other hand - anyone could run into one of those places to get a card. They don't verify if you are bus driver...
    Do they not charge 30euros to take the ticket anymore, plus the community warder(Hitler) wouldnt be long moving people using it for a different purpose

• Advertisement
Advertisement