Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silage Charges

Options
  • 26-07-2013 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi just wondering the price of doing the complete silage job for farmers. We mow, rake, bale, wrap, draw and stack the bales. At the moment we are thinking of charging 4 euro to bale, 3 to wrap, 4 euro for long draws and 2 euro for short and a euro to stack. We also charge 25 euro per acre for mowing and 15 euro per acre for raking. We are wondering is this reasonable or what are other people charging ?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭red bull

Get it done for €11 all in, short draw

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭f140

Hi just wondering the price of doing the complete silage job for farmers. We mow, rake, bale, wrap, draw and stack the bales. At the moment we are thinking of charging 4 euro to bale, 3 to wrap, 4 euro for long draws and 2 euro for short and a euro to stack. We also charge 25 euro per acre for mowing and 15 euro per acre for raking. We are wondering is this reasonable or what are other people charging ?

I would think your mowing and raking would be out. your raking is actually really expensive considering its probably only one in 3 swarts you will be travelling. mowing would be 20 and raking 8 down here in cork. at 15 for raking the farmer wont pay for that as its not really benefiting him to justify that cost. the rest seems alright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭paddysdream

Its 20 per acre here to mow(almost certain but mow my own so ?) Baling 3 euro Wrapping 2.50 (all excluding plastic.Drawing stacking etc ? Usually by the hour I would assume as whats a long or short draw and some places its easier to stack than others.
    Hear of anything from 25 to 38 inc. per hour being charged and paid for. Depends on the particular operator as what people get done in an hour dcan vary greatly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

just paid half of my silage 105 short draw and 115 very long 10 mile each way draw, what ye paying lads

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

kevthegaff wrote: »
    just paid half of my silage 105 short draw and 115 very long 10 mile each way draw, what ye paying lads

€60/acre last year on a short draw having mowed ourselves. Not sure how it will pan out this year until second cut is done but don't expect big increase.

Local contractor here is charging €60/hour for hauling with a 10 bale Keltec. Was bringing 7 loads every 2 hours on around 1.5 mile haul for the BIL in June. The BIL thought it was great value. He has a good handle on bale costs as he makes 1500/year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

€60/acre last year on a short draw having mowed ourselves. Not sure how it will pan out this year until second cut is done but don't expect big increase.

Local contractor here is charging €60/hour for hauling with a 10 bale Keltec. Was bringing 7 loads every 2 hours on around 1.5 mile haul for the BIL in June. The BIL thought it was great value. He has a good handle on bale costs as he makes 1500/year.
    what contractor freedominacup can you pm with details

Advertisement