Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale

• 26-07-2013 11:11pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Do you have a 3DS, some free SD card space and €7.99? Well then get onto the eShop and download this gem!

The latest in Level 5's Guild series of mini experiments, this may just be the best the series has yet offered. A captivating tale of Kaiju, childhood and a nostalgic Tokyo suburb. Rendered in the most delightfully cheery & sharp graphics (best pre-rendered backgrounds in ages), it's humourous, warm-hearted and irresistibly charming. It's easily the most singly delightful game I've played this year - another illustration of how modest, brief games like this are providing more fascinating and exciting experiences than any number of 100-hour long RPGs.

This game has a dash of Earthbound, a pinch of the Goonies, a hint of Ozu and Kore-eda, and ties it all to elegantly simple gameplay. Coming on the back of the empty bombast of Pacific Rim, its triumphantly down-to-earth celebration of all things monsters and superheroes couldn't feel any more relevant.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

while i was intrigued by this couple of weeks back from nintendo direct i find it hard to buy anything digitally from eshop when games are not tied to players account but the systems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I need a bigger SD card first. My 4gb card is full.

I'm going to get this and Kokuga next week.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,559 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm waiting for SMTIV so I can get $30 eshop credit but will snap it up when I do.

Advertisement