Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hostels in Vancouver

Options
  • 26-07-2013 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Does anyone know any good affordable hostels in Vancouver? I'm moving out at the end of the month and need to stay somewhere temporarily.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

I stayed in HI vancouver downtown on Burnaby street for 2 weeks. I would recommend there.

There are a couple on granville street too but I don't have any personal experience of them. Granville street has quite a few pubs and clubs though so I would imagine it could be noisy at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

TheChief36 wrote: »
    Does anyone know any good affordable hostels in Vancouver? I'm moving out at the end of the month and need to stay somewhere temporarily.

We stayed though this place in North Van when we came back. It was very good and not bad at 1500 for the month. My mate used the one near Commerical. I was in there and was also really good, especially the landlords, all very nice and accommodating.

http://www.makeyourselfathome.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭TheChief36

Yes I should have mentioned I'm near Commercial Drive so that one could be good. Thank you. Do you know the name or address of the one near Commercial? I can't find it on Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

TheChief36 wrote: »
    Yes I should have mentioned I'm near Commercial Drive so that one could be good. Thank you. Do you know the name or address of the one near Commercial? I can't find it on Google.

Also interested in this and looking for decent short term accomodation options

• Registered Users Posts: 34 davey boy

I stayed in the HI on Granville and it was grand. Stayed in a 4 bed dorm at the front of the building so it was a bit noisy at weekends but I was out most nights so it didn't bother me that much.
    Not a bad option if you don't want to spend too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Niamh_M

My bf and I went with airbnb.com and found a great place and it was cheaper than a hostel. We had a private double room and full use of the utilities. definitely worth a look!

Advertisement