Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lough Neagh

Options
  • 27-07-2013 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Just asking what's it's like living on the shores of the loch ..
    Looking a buying a property etc

From Lurgan to Crumlin ? Via Ballinderry

Young Mixed family .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

the most vicious midges imaginable!!!

other than that, really nice.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

beautiful spot, i come from not too far away but a lot of villages round the lough can be very clannish and wary of strangers. and the midges/flys in the summer are brutal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭markomuscle

i grew up on the lough shore, it's a nice area, people like to know other peoples business though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Irish abroad

Cheers for the posts .. Looks like a nice area .. I'm sure we will fit in

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭mr chips

Seriously, before making any long-term commitment try staying somewhere in the area for a bit during the summer months to see if you can cope with the midges and flies - they really can be bad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

I didn't think the midges around the Lough were the bitey types? In my experience they aren't.

To the OP - why are you considering around the lough in particular? Will you be working nearby>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

el tel wrote: »
    I didn't think the midges around the Lough were the bitey types? In my experience they aren't.

To the OP - why are you considering around the lough in particular? Will you be working nearby>

even if they dont bite the sheer volume of them is off putting. ive seen windows of houses black with flies and they swarm around you when you go outside. they give me the heebiegeebies!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭kevin700

A fantistic place to live in our opinion

Advertisement