Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mech mods, what am I missing?

Options
  • 27-07-2013 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭

It's looking like my sigelli v3 is broken, I could see condensation in it and now I'm getting a low load warning. I've started looking for a replacement.
    From looking around, it seems that there are far more mech mods than vv mods available.
    There are some great looking mech mods out there compared to the vv mods but I'm just wondering why these are so popular? Are they far more reliable, is it the looks or is there something else I'm missing? Would you get the same vape off an ego-t?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

There are some great looking mech mods out there compared to the vv mods but I'm just wondering why these are so popular? Are they far more reliable, is it the looks or is there something else I'm missing? Would you get the same vape off an ego-t?

Basically you are getting raw power - battery to coil and nothing in between, no circuits or switches to break and generally they can be set up in 18350 mode to be quite small (compare an Ego1100 with my old telescope below and they make em smaller than that).

Reliability was my #1 reason having been through about 4 VV mods in a year I was sick to death of the bloody things breaking if they fell off a table, sat on them, hugged someone wrong or whatever.

There IS a huge difference the amount of watts you can push than with an Ego as well especially if you go the rebuildable route with sub-ohm coils, ego's just get too darn hot (resulting in really short draws before it becomes uncomfortable) and the batteries are dead in no time. Although I keep an ego battery in the car as a backup.

8723051125_a08013aebf_z.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I spent months deliberating over buying one as well. I don't have a charger or batteries though so for a decent one it would probably cost close to 75 or 100 euro. Not too bad I suppose but I'm a vv man and I'd find it frustrating trying to get the coil to match the 3.7volts I think. I would find the drip off in voltage a pain too I think. Not to mention that I'd have to carry the batteries around too.

I bought an evic from the vapour store closing down sale for 63 euro instead.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

TBH i use mech mods for how they feel and look with a Kick.So VW,looks and feels good,good battery life and reliable.

Advertisement