Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sport & Exercise Management

Options
  • 27-07-2013 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Hi, heading into 6th year and I don't really know what I want to study after that and then came across this course and thought it could suit as I like business in school and play soccer, tennis and golf and am also hoping to do some coaching badges soon for soccer too.

I'm hoping to find out a bit more detail about the course.

It seems like there is a good bit of business involved, is this the case?
    Is it very technical, the science side, is it very in-depth? I don't do biology in school.
    Perhaps most importantly, is it enjoyable?
    What are the hours like?
    Is the work placement enjoyable?
    Is it generally a very difficult course?

Answers to any of these would be great, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ringo22

I did the course and graduated in 2011, was great fun. Everyone is bang on, there is two streams you can do in 2nd year - coaching or a more business side. I did the latter, however there isn't many jobs going in the industry, that is the only draw back, You do work experience in place of your choice, we averaged about 12 hours a week! Feck all! It is not difficult just don't fall behind in your work though, time management is important but as you don't have many hours per week there is no reason to be behind and fail. Hope this helps you out

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭0000879k

ringo22 wrote: »
    I did the course and graduated in 2011, was great fun. Everyone is bang on, there is two streams you can do in 2nd year - coaching or a more business side. I did the latter, however there isn't many jobs going in the industry, that is the only draw back, You do work experience in place of your choice, we averaged about 12 hours a week! Feck all! It is not difficult just don't fall behind in your work though, time management is important but as you don't have many hours per week there is no reason to be behind and fail. Hope this helps you out

Thanks a mil!

Advertisement