Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Big Top - Mucky?

Options
  • 27-07-2013 2:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭

Heading to the Silent Disco on Saturday.

Has the ground turned to mud yet with the rain?

Should I bring wellies or is it grand?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Heading to the Silent Disco on Saturday.

Has the ground turned to mud yet with the rain?

Should I bring wellies or is it grand?

can't imagine there was enough rain to turn it to muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Galwayps

I was there for Hansard on Thursday and it was still perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

There hasn't been that much rain, I'm going too id say it'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

No problems last night at all

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Any reviews on the silent disco last night? NUIG Student Union re-tweeted a few people complaining about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ms.Sunshine

Would love to know how it went as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

It was rubbish. I was pissed so my memory isn't very clear but I know if you left to go to the bar or the toilets you had to join a massive queue to get back in. Also there was supposed to be 2 channels on the headphones but only 1 channel on mine worked. Kormac's Big Band were great as usual though, t hey should have just had them on all night because the silent disco was a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

MadYaker wrote: »
    if you left to go to the bar or the toilets you had to join a massive queue to get back in.

I heard this too, though only second-hand. Seems they were only letting people use one of a possible three entrances to the tent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Myself and my friends had a great night at the bigtop Saturday. Kormac and hid band were class and Guagi and friends played a blinder for the silent disco as usual. The queue from the jacks/bar back in was 10 mins tops but seeing as I wasn't drinking I only had to leave the tent once.

All on all, great night, 9 out of 10, would recommend to a friend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 477 ✭✭brutes1

Can be surreal passing these venues early mornings on way to work/ if out training early , there was massive amount of empty glasses and debris around outside Big top -but all behind the barriers - on Sunday morning, . It looked like a good night, sometimes it reminds me of the Marie Celeste , everyone vanished yet the evidence still there..!

• Advertisement
Advertisement